main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spider-Man: The Green Goblin's Last Stand Re-Release !

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by GWPGearWorx, Jul 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GWPGearWorx

GWPGearWorx Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2002
  2. GWPGearWorx

Feb 5, 2002
    No replies hey ? Hummm.

3. QUI_TIN_TARANTINO

QUI_TIN_TARANTINO Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2002
    Maybe you should've waited till the film was up.
    It can only be better than the hollywood effort.
    At least the green goblin doesn't look like he came from power rangers.

4. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    posted on front page.

5. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    I didn't post because since the movie isn't up yet, I didn't have any comments.

6. GWPGearWorx

Feb 5, 2002
    Hahaha Power Rangers !!! I agree wid that.

I did however like Spider-Man. But alas it could of been done better.

Gwen should of been in it instead of Mary Jane.... GET IT RIGHT HOLLYWOOD.

7. Ninja_Jedi

Ninja_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    GET IT RIGHT HOLLYWOOD.

I believe they made a few bucks off the movie. That seems right as rain to me.

8. GWPGearWorx

Feb 5, 2002
    Making money is Hollywoods goal yes... I am not disputing that BUT if your gonna do a comic book to film conversion and you KNOW that true Spidey fans will watch it then you should do it true to to actual comic. and not some cool re-hash. Like I said I did like it and yes it made a few pennies but regardless it was not done RIGHT (true to the comic)

That's all I am saying :)

9. QUI_TIN_TARANTINO

Jul 8, 2002
    I hated Spider Man the film was awful,and what i've seen of the Hulk doesn't look any better.
    Now Xmen 1&2 were great,Daredevil was pretty good as well.

10. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    As a lifelong Spidey fan, I was more satisfied with the film that any other comic-to-film adaptation. As far as I know, it's the only such film to actual use a storyline from the comics, rather than just using the origin story before jumping off to a new storyline.

As for the absence of Gwen, I can see the studio's reasoning for making in MJ. Only the people who have been reading Spidey since he first appeared really know about Gwen. Hell, I never knew about Gwen until about two years after I started reading Spidey in the early-90s. So it only makes sense to make a little change and go with a character people are already familiar with.

I didn't care much for the Green Goblin costume either, but it could have been worse. IMO, the best comic-to-film yet that will be hard to top. Definitely my favorite. X-MEN, now that was an awful movie. I almost walked out of the theater on that one.

11. QUI_TIN_TARANTINO

Jul 8, 2002
    Each to his own.
    Now that Daredevil has introduced the Kingpin,if they make more spidey flicks will they have the Kingpin and if so who will they get to play him?
    Now to get back on topic ,any idea when the film will be up?

12. The Jedi Apprentice

The Jedi Apprentice Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 1999
    20th Century Fox (Daredevil) and Sony Pictures (Spider-Man) have already made a deal that King Pin will never appear in a Spider-Man movie.

13. GWPGearWorx

Feb 5, 2002
    I am looking into a couple hosts right now. I am hoping with in the next few days.

14. Marchitn

Marchitn Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2000
    Spiderman was to corny with its dialogue and story it couldve stand to have been a little more adult and yes green goblin was to much of a power ranger

they also put MJ in because you cant tell the whole story in the usual 3 movie deal so certain sacrifices must be made so they could cut to the chase and start the peter MJ thing goin

daredevil was ok the problem was the director keeps reffering to "wanting to make daredevil seem human" yet all the action sequences are all wire stunts rather then jackie chan stuff and they crammed WAY to much of the daredevil story into movie they easily had enough material for 3 movies in the picture

X-men 1 and 2: they were both good 1 took a little time to get used to but 2 was awsome cause it was a little more adult and intense and graphic and thats how all the comic films should be no sugar coating
    i thought x2 wouldve been cooler like a matrix 2 picture deal have all the bad stuff happen in X2 and when it all seems hopeless its resolved in X3

whos with ME!........(tumble weed rolls by in the silence)..or not hehe

15. yikes

yikes Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    common guys, we're filmakers here, yet you all fail to see that out of X-Men, Spidey, Hulkie, and DareDevil, it is DAREDEVIL that is the total WORSE of the 4.

It had the most holes any story can have, and the story itself is the weakest!

Hulk had the strongest story (not to mention the longest, which is why so many people hate it). I just cant stand it when people rate daredevil over hulk.

X-Men and Spidey had average stories. In every one of these movies, the story was changed somehow.

Back on topic, I cant wait to see this flick!!!! Post it up for download SOON!!!

16. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    common guys, we're filmakers here, yet you all fail to see that out of X-Men, Spidey, Hulkie, and DareDevil, it is DAREDEVIL that is the total WORSE of the 4.

I haven't seen X-Men in a while (haven't seen X-Men 2 at all), and I found it to be boring. Spider-Man and Hulk were decent... boring half the time, but not as boring as X-Men, to me. I found Daredevil to entertain me without boring me. Plus, I prefer the dark look over the colorful look like in Spider-Man.

17. DARTH_ABBADON

DARTH_ABBADON Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 9, 2002
    The Green Goblin totally looks like Ed Kotch in those pics.

[image=http://www.gearworxprod.com/spideymedia/s8.jpg]

"How am I doin'?"

18. yikes

Jun 12, 2002
    i think that goblin kinda looks like quentin tarentino

19. Jedi_KNick

Jedi_KNick Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2003
    X-Men 2 is excellent. My city's paper gave it 4 stars.

And I DID see it, and it was good.

-KNick

20. Marchitn

Nov 26, 2000
    hulk was the weakest ang lee tried to make the hulk more then it actully is by making it into typical ang lee multilayered dramatic psychological movie when that has no business with soemthing as simple and iconic as hulk
    hulk shouldve just been another spiderman x-men daredevil with a simple story and having the hulk do some serious damage

but anglee had to stretch it and twist it and pull it and overlap it till it was so long and boring and stuff you ddint care what was going on and to make it worse he did the same thing matrix reloaded did in showing every action sequence in the film in all of its previews so theres nothing to see when you see the movie
    that is of course just my opinion ang lee is a great film maker but there are just some things some people shouldnt touch like ang lee touching the hulk it was to simple for him its not his "bag" baby

people are also having a hard time of letting go and enjoying a simple story with n iconic character like the super heros because everyone looks at it in the most sophisticated complex way that it cant be enjoyed (again my opinion i dont know and doubt anyone shares it)

21. ChrisHanel

ChrisHanel Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 2002
    My city's paper gave it 4 stars

And AWB's sister said it was pretty cool.

...I so kid. :)

-Chris

22. yikes

Jun 12, 2002
    From a viewer who is just in for a good time, Hulk sucked. From a filmaker's point of view, Hulk is a masterpiece! -Just my two cents.

23. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I've seen GGLS a few years ago, its AWESOME!!

Look forward to seeing it again, maybe download it this time :)

This movie guys is top notch!

24. GWPGearWorx

Feb 5, 2002
    Yes it sure is amazing. I mean come on where can you see a crazy Dan Poole swing six stories up, around a building ?? In this film thats where !

25. Marchitn

Nov 26, 2000
    I too have seen it and it doesnt sugar coat
    sure it lacks in some areas
    but hey this was made by a comic fan
    who stayed LOYAL to the original material
    in the 70's or soemthing when we didnt have all the computer stuff we take for granted now
    and the goblin is very true to the comics and cartoon series i wouldve liked to have like to see dan poole who made this film in a what if scenario if he was in sam raimi shoes and he got to make the multi million dollar flick etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.