main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spider Man trailer

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Chewbacca of Kashyyyk, May 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chewbacca of Kashyyyk

Chewbacca of Kashyyyk Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 1999
    For those of you at Rick M's spectacular, tell me this.....what that trailer awesome or what!!!

2. ObiFletch

ObiFletch Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 1998
    Amazing.. Simply amazing.

3. AlderaanOnline

AlderaanOnline Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2002
    I'm still cleaning the **** out of my pants!

4. Kotor

Kotor Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2002
    That has to be the best thing that I saw all weekend. I still cannot stop thinking about that clip. I came out of the room with a huge smile on my face.

5. Darth_Payback

Darth_Payback Jedi Master star 1

May 14, 2001
    I remember going to see some miniature exhibit and the guy in front looked at us, second in line, and just smiled. He said I think you guys may want to sit down, NOW, and wait for what Rick has to show you.

Right before they let us in at 1:00 on Saturday, they were testing the sound, running through Yoda's fight, and a guy in line kept opening the door for us to peek! I am still amazed...it was worth the crappy lines and food just for that!

Also loved the digital projection - never have I seen such clear, detailed images!!

I am in heaven just thinking about it!!
    :D

6. Chewbacca of Kashyyyk

Chewbacca of Kashyyyk Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 1999
    DP

We were also there for the door opening and you are right, that vid made the entire event.

7. Samurai-Yoda

Samurai-Yoda Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    My God.

I think I almost died...it was...Jesus Christ, just amazing...

But one thing though...how LONG is the fight because we saw a good bit...

8. DarthBarbieDoll

DarthBarbieDoll Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2002
    The screams of sheer surprise and happiness were simply deafening as the lil green guy got all down to action. That was one of the best things ever!

9. Darth_Payback

Darth_Payback Jedi Master star 1

May 14, 2001
    Chewbacca, I am sorry I didn't get to talk to you while we were there...hell, maybe I did! ;)

Of all the people I talked to, not one seemed to post here, although everyone seemed to know about tf.n. I was hoping to actually meet someone that I could write to here. Oh well, we were both there and can talk about it, and that is a good thing!

10. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I just got back from C2, and my first post will have to be about the Yoda trailer shown during the opening ceremony (and during the Rick McCallum Spectcular). For those of you who were not there, all I can say is this: YOU JUST DON'T KNOW!!! I mean, seriously, YOU JUST DO NOT KNOW!

Even though it was short, the Yoda trailer was the highlight of the Convention for me, and that includes a very good concert and the 8 minutes of digital footage.

YOU JUST DON'T KNOW!

11. Another.Sky.Walk.er..

Another.Sky.Walk.er.. Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2000
    The Greatest Action Hero was the highlight of C2 for me. And I had to see it twice!!! Seeing the text in the font for Spiderman trailers with that text and the sound of the lightsaber activating that was being held by Y was absolutely brilliant. I certainly didn't think that Rick would show us that. But I am very glad he did. :D

The concert was a very close second. (I certainly did wait long enough to see it)
    Note my signature.

Third would have to be SW in 30 minutes.

Fourth: Hayden, Morrison, Logan.

Fifth: Getting the 500 limited and autographed leather AOTC book.

I could go on and on forever.

12. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    I'm finally back home from Indy and I'm utterly exhausted.

I managed to finally see the show on Sunday. Rick wasn't there anymore, so Steve Sansweet took his place. :D He had me fooled completely and made me expect the Spiderman trailer. The whole room went nuts. Yoda is the greatest!!! Glad I was able to attend since I was mostly in line for everything else. :p Now I can't wait for the movie to come out.

13. LukeSolo2003

LukeSolo2003 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2002
    My mouth was on the floor! Digital Cinema IS the future!!! The people who haven't seen the Yoda footage or any of what Rick brought...you are gonna be blown out of the theatre!!! I'm thinking about making the trip from Detroit to Chicago JUST so I can watch the film projected digitally. It is something to behold! Now I know what people were talking about when they first saw SW back in '77. He's about to do it all over again...GET READY PEOPLE!!!!:)
    Just 10 more days to go!

14. NyLonathatep

NyLonathatep Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2001
    Oh crap. Why cant there be a digital theater in Iceland ? hm ? somebody wanna tell me that ? huh? do ya?!?!?

15. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    That litttle green dude totally can kick a--!!!! That's why he is the head Jedi Master!!! Mean green fighting machine!!

16. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    BTW, we just got 2 digital projectoers at our St. Petersburg, Parkside Mall, R/C theatre. Someone has some great insite into the future, as Rick was telling us. Now we have to work on the others in this area.

17. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    It was truly, incredibly amazing. I partially wish I hadn't seen it (spoiled more than I wanted!) :~) but......wow.....!!!!!

I saw it at the opening ceremony......it was too bad that they didn't hold that somewhere larger so that more could attend!

BTW, new favorite Rick quote: "All of the digital effects were done digitally."

:~)

18. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I stood in line for over an hour and a half for the opening ceremony, and when I reached the front, they told us that it was full. To make things worse, I heard the next day that they had shown some of the Yoda footage. Now, if you know me, you'll know I am a huge Yoda fan. I had seen Rick's spectacular on Saturday, and was pleased with the footage from Showest (the 8 minutes) and the other footage shown digitally. Then, later Saturday, I had heard that other people saw the Yoda footage with Rick's other footage. So, sunday, I waited in line for over 2 hours for the "Stunts!" show at 2:30. Thankfully, they showed the Spider-Man trailer! I nearly crapped my pants when it was shown. I really hope that they start to show this on TV...

19. Son-Of-Suns

Son-Of-Suns Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    If you want to see it again.... and again.... and again... etc.

http://www.mycrappysite.com/users/kellysclips/aotc/qt.html

20. MaximusVader

MaximusVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2001
    For some reason, the link is not working for either version of this....HELP!!!!!

21. DEWGOD01

DEWGOD01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    Oh mommma.... I got to see this with Rick on Saturday and then again with the LAST GROUP on Sunday afternoon with the "Stunts" Q&A and Steve S. People throughout the entire hour kept chanting "Yoda" and with the occasional "PLAY THE YODA CLIP". And after the host took a poll of who had seen the clip and who hadn't with the crowd being about 50/50. They did the scripted bit about Spider-Man being a threat and stuff and then they showed it. I don't think Celebration 2 could have ended any cooler.

22. Darth-Halen

Darth-Halen Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2002
    Yoda is gonna kick Spidermans ass this summer all by himself!!and everyone will be asking: whos your daddy spidey?

23. Sabersparx

Sabersparx Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2002
    Oh God.

-R.I.P.-
    Star Wars: A New Hope
    Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
    Star Wars: Reven...er, Return of the Jedi
    Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
    1977-2002

24. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Spider-Man trailer
    It's just a link to a little banner I made for my website, based on the Spider-Man trailer that was shown at C2. There aren't any spoilers in the banner. I just got bored, and found a font similar to the one used in the commercials, so I made this.

EDIT:
    Turned image into a link because it didn't look good all distored.

25. peabrain

peabrain Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2002
    Don't be mad... I have no idea where this originated but enjoy guys... I too was at C2 and enjoyed it. I can't wait for C3.

http://www.episode-x.com/episode2/files/YodaTrailer.mov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.