main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Waco, TX Spider-Man

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Amidala Starkiller, Apr 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Saturday at 9:40 at the Starplex on Valley Mills

2. DARTHGOON

DARTHGOON Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2002
    My name is MEIRO MCWAC-THE ULTIMATE JEDI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    No you all bow before the Jedi Tatel Frwac

4. Iwishiwasajedi

Iwishiwasajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Um, Spiderman isn't exactly a "fav" thing with me.

5. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    At the Starplex showtimes are 7:00, 9:40, 12:20

9:40 ok with everyone?

6. Iwishiwasajedi

Mar 24, 2002
    If I went to a movie that late I'd sleep through it all :p :p

7. Rand_Coyn

Rand_Coyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2001
    Saturday at 9:40? are you serious? That means I can go!!! <does a happy wookie dance>

8. Darth_Mauled

Darth_Mauled Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 16, 2002
    9:40 sounds ok to me. My girlfriend may or may not be able to go. I'll have to ask her when she gets off work.

Hey Toby,now you will probably be back in time to see it. Do you want one of us to buy a ticket early for you? I think most of us were planning on buying the tickets earlier in the day.

9. Iwishiwasajedi

Mar 24, 2002
    I can't go. :( :( I'll be way too tired saturda night. I'm playing and refing soccer in the day.

10. SupaJoe

SupaJoe Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2002
    Heh, I don't think I can wait till Saturday--I'm gonna catch a midnight on friday. Have fun guys! I won't spoil ya!

SupaJoe!

11. jango-joe1

jango-joe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2001

The Jedi Geojo Coker will strike down upon the web slinger with great vengance and furious anger :D :D :D

12. BroodMcEto

BroodMcEto Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2002
    Sounds good, I'll try to make it.

13. BroodMcEto

Jan 14, 2002
    Oh, and sorry to hear that Spidey isn't everyone's 'fav.' Maybe if it was a power rangers movie or something it would get better press around here? ;)

14. leiasolo

leiasolo Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    Okay, everyone please express the appropriate level of amazement as this is my first ever chat board and therefore my first ever message post ANYWHERE!

I've been spaced out on work this past month, but I enjoyed meeting all of you back at the March meeting. Hopefully, I'll be around from now on because I will finish my last doctoral class EVER IN MY LIFE at 5:00 Saturday! Life will become easier now, so Spider-Man that night sounds like a pretty good celebration to me. Amidala, could you get me a ticket if you buy early?

15. Xanatos12

Xanatos12 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 13, 2002
    sounds late as hell to me but I'm there

16. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    I'll get your ticket leiasolo :D

17. Iwishiwasajedi

Mar 24, 2002
    Power rangers is for mindless little kids who will grow up to go on a shooting rampage in their school. No really brod, I never watched PR, for reasons I said above. The only cartoon I ever Really watched that wasn't disney when I was little was snoopy. ;) SNOOPY ROCKS!!!!!! :)

18. BroodMcEto

Jan 14, 2002
    Hey, that's all cool and the gang. If you'd just put another O in my name we'll be cool too.

Ok, now, I won't be back into town until probably 6-7p timeframe, so is there someone I could give my <passes> to, so they might be able to pick up tickets for myself and my lovely *supportive* bride-to-be?

Oh, and we might have a new follower. There's a lady who has a friend. She asked when our next meeting is, but I told her I wasn't sure, and we were going to check out the 9:40p Spidey. She's been checking the boards, but has no nick yet.

19. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    Why don't we meet for dinner?

hang out before the movie

20. flashpan

flashpan Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    Unbelievable I actually got this thing to accept my message. Hey, I ran into one of you guys in Starbucks and was invited to the movie also. If I come, is it ok for me to bring another AND big ?? what're plans for the BIG PREMIERE?

Flashpan

21. BroodMcEto

Jan 14, 2002
    sounds good to me, Christy and I may be hungry by then, if not, we'll just hang.

Flashpan, it was me that you talked to. Yeah, I say the more the merrier!

22. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    Where? and When?

23. BroodMcEto

Jan 14, 2002
    Well, if it's somewhat close to the theater, we could leave the restaurant about 9:20 or so (for better seats) and there are several restaurants in that area.

La Fiesta - above average tex-mex food, can be slow and the waiters aren't always the best

Casa Olé - average mexican-like food. Only eaten there once

TGI Friday's - average american food. Waiters are terrible and I refuse to go here

Tony Roma's - Good rib/BBQ type food. Decent wait staff. Little pricey, but worth it. Big dining area in NonSmoking, so we could put together tables

Jason's Deli - You know this place.

On The Border - Long wait usually. Just a little better than La Fiesta, and the waiters are almost always on top of things

Applebee's - alright. Not really a big group gathering kind of place.

Outback Steakhouse - woderful steaks(I want a ribeye right now!) but pricey... waitstaff is good about keeping you happy. Not sure about the big group thing either.

Marie Calendar's - decent homecooking. overpriced for what grandma gave me for free. Well, I had to make my bed, but hey. Waitstaff is ok. Maybe good for big groups.

Red Lobster - Seafood, good waitstaff, not really a big group kinda place. Pricey, too. But ya gotta love the crab crackin mondays!

Olive garden - italian. Not a big group gathering place. good waitstaff. Feel like I have to dress up, tho.

Wienerschitzel's - not a sit-down restaurant, but good dogs. not many seats outside.

El Chico's - decent Mexican food. Really good waitstaff, most of the time. Room for a group, provided we do the non smoking thing.
    I'm partial to this, it was our first date.

TX roadhouse - don't know, never been.

Beverly's - locally owned off ValleyMills on Speight (behind a car lot, across from Walgreens) Great Burgers, hometown feel, greasy spoon. Not too expensive. A good sized group could fit in well, even if we do the smoking area.

That's about all I can think of right now...

Of course, what everyone's price is, and what everyone's feeling like is a big consideration.

My votes:
    1. Beverly's - because it's a little out of the way, not expensive, has beer, and you're welcomed pretty much no matter what. It's also only about 5 mins from the theater.

2. El Chico's - Just a little further from the theater, decent food, good wait staff. Can be hard to get out of, especially if you have to go around the circle.

3. Outback Steakhouse/Tony Roma's - both are worth the big ticket price to me. Can be fun, and they're both just a few seconds from the theater.

Those are my votes,.... whattaya think?

24. BroodMcEto

Jan 14, 2002
    Oh, i forgot the time....

I'd say the earlier the better. If you wait till 8, the places get crowded. I'd say meet up no later than 7:15 or so. I may not be in town by then, so add two to the count if I'm not.

I should be back by 6 or so. I can't imagine spending a full 3 hrs with people who I didn't really like that much 10 yrs ago, but hey.

25. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    yeah the earlier the better

La Fiesta I love but Saturday night is not the best time to go

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.