main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Spider moments, for the Shakespeare roulette challenge. Dreams coming true

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Oct 2, 2011.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb riveting action and a nicely written supplement to SBS.

2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Rob heard the anguished shout but couldn?t evade the avalanche of rocks and dust that pummelled against him.

?Rob!? Jason hurried to where the pile of rocks had buried his friend.

And I am buried by an avalanche of curiosity now! Argh, cliffhanger!

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Thank you and it will lead to more

Only the first cliffie;)

Not easy.

4 elona 17.36
    Dimmjel cluster
    Former seperatist base

?Rob!?

?Owww,? Rob tried to move his right arm and felt the grating of bones. Moving his left arm gave the same result. ?Owww.? Soon ? using what his teachers on Varanko had taught him about sensing injuries with the Force ? he knew what was broken and why he was seeing green stars dancing before his eyes when he tried to focus on the HUD. At least they were green stars and not the ominous red ones indicating a suit, faceplate or helmet breach.

?Good to hear you and getting you. Hang on. I have you out in a minute.?

Rob saw the concerned face of Jason appearing after that minute and some more and gave him a crooked smile. ?Broken right wrist and left arm and you have to fix that. And the green stars show that suit and air are working.?

?And that you have a concussion. I have to carry you to your X-wing.? Jason ? a bit relieved that Rob was conscious, talking and with an uncompromised suit ? helped Rob to stand wobbling on his legs after guiding the right arm ? careful to keep the wrist free ? around his shoulder. ?About twenty meters and we are there and it seems that the Coralskippers have found other targets.?

Rob was glad for that. Now he could shuffle along seeing white stars joining the green ones with Jason helping him quite undisturbed by other avalanches or rocks trying to make the going get tough.

4 elona 17.36
    Scorpion and Spider squadron

?All the droids are gone,? Issa had a relieved smile on his face. A proton-torpedo fired by him had missed the Coralskipper but had that craft evading and thus missing its intended target the Vulture. He saw most of the Coralskippers that had been targeting the asteroid now pursuing the Vultures. He was about to engage the next Coralskipper that was making a run at the now open hangars when he heard his com activating.

?Scorpions, Spiders,? Padilla commanded ?Home zero.?

?What,? Weston began. It was the signal to use the pre-programmed settings for the hyperdrive to rendezvous with the Taranak.

?We have to follow those orders,? Jimmy Chon shouted. ?Look Hoskins is guiding the Vultures and we have no way to reach her before she has them headed to the Dimmjel primary.?

?And Rob and Jason,? Kevin ? reluctant to leave the asteroid ? muttered. He knew that they ? going EV in the base ? had to program their hyperdrive manually.

?Have only two Coralskippers to deal with,? Jimmy followed the orders and engaged his hyperdrive.

?And Padilla has now all the Vong following her,? William stated. ?Scorpions, home zero and good luck to all of you.?

Issa was the last to engage his hyperdrive and he was remarkably silent when he saw Padilla, Vultures and Vong headed to the red dwarf. If a Coralskipper collided with the dead sun the result would even be more spectacular with the dovin basal creating a bigger black hole when it sucked up the dead material of the unborn sun.

4 elona 17.40
    Dimmjel cluster
    Former seperatist base

?Ooff,? Jason was grunting a bit when he used the ladder-struts to climb towards the opened canopy of Rob?s X-wing with Rob ? still conscious and grunting a lot ? draped across his shoulder.

?Oowww,? Rob cried when he was lowered in his seat. A crushed wrist and arm protested painfully and a right hand stroking past the controls had him yelling ?Ssssiiiiissssiii code red, slave the controls to Iffffff?? Green stars and white stars winked out, replaced by blackness. The pilot slumped unconscious in his seat.

Jason saw the very pale grey features when he guided the crashwebbing around his friend. Muted patterns were now displaying

4. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    You know my very thought after this update with a cliffhanger like this?

[face_frustrated]

Trriiiit.

This is worse than being lost in space personally. To be left alone with a cliffhanger. You evil person!

:_|

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    WOW! =D= :eek: Big! risk to take but necessary

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Cliffies yes and you have read the part about;)

More trouble ahead beginning with a Yuuzhan Vong pilot

Rocks everywhere

4 elona 17.40
    Dimmjel cluster

Monge Ine-yret had the wretched droid projected on his cognition-hood when he felt the thumps of quad lasers hitting his yorik-et and being absorbed by the dovin basal. Sensing his ship?s distress he fired the yaret-kor and had the satisfaction to see the X-wing flaring brightly. But more laser-fire was coming from the damaged X-wing and he had his yorik-et turning sharply. Propulsion meant loss of shields but he urged the dovin basal to follow the droid that was now nearing the dark mass in the centre of what he could see in the projection. And his next command to the dovin basal was to activate the super-gravity field when he felt the X-wing hitting again his ship.

?Yamka,? Monge Ine-yret shouted when he saw the X-wing and the droid following it like an extremely loyal fero xyn on an intercept course. Was it drawn in by the dovin basal?s black hole or had the infidel pilot named Hoskins ordered her craft to ram him?
    He didn?t know and his last conscious thought was that the dovin basal had aided him to destroy an infidel and her mechanical abomination.

Super-gravity created by the dovin basal overloaded the weakened shields of the X-wing, drew in the fighter and droid and had the three ships merging and plummeting out of control towards the Dimmjel primary.
    The Vulture slaves followed.

The incandescent flare of the Dimmjel primary was seen by Monge Ine-yret?s team member for a moment before the shockwave of the disintegrating system hit his yorik-et and added the black hole of his ship to the expanding mass of dust and rock.
    Asteroids were shattered.

Rocks seared through space where moments before two X-wings had entered hyperspace.

4 elona 23.30
    Space
    Where?

Rocks, dust and more greeted Jason when the random hyperspace jump had him coming out of hyperspace. First he thought that the jump had him making a full circle and coming back to the Dimmjel cluster but looking at the data scrolling on his screen and the white speck in the distance that was identified as a class M sun had him smiling. Even more when he discovered data implying that there were habitable planets. Getting back to the Taranak after trying to find out where he really was would take too much time, time his injured friend didn?t have. In the Force he felt Rob?s presence, stable but unconscious and in need of emergency medical treatment. Data from the suit confirmed what he felt. Rob was consuming air in a faster rate and would have to switch to EV air in three hours at the most. He had to get to a planet as soon as possible to have access to the medical supplies in his X-wing and stored in a compartment of Iffy.

Iffff prwiiitt ifffrrrtttt

?Yes I can see that and there,? Jason had a small smile on his face when his scope indicated the transponder of a republic civilian liner. ?A populated planet will sure have medics to help us.? The craft was headed towards a planet that appeared in the near distance. ?Iffy let?s listen to the transmissions and get a clearance to land and if possible to some medical facilities.?

The name Pangona flashed on the screen and some more. ?Approach with caution CC1701. Keep shields at maximum and deploy tractorbeams if possible.

Triiiifff

?Yes Iffy,? Jason began to guide the X-wings very carefully forward ?we have a trying to avoid rocks race ahead of us. Get shields to maximum. And have Sissi on auto detect for incoming rocks.?

5 elona 1.30
    Space
    Strike cruiser Taranak

Captain Kalra had ordered the Taranak to proceed to the rendezvous point to pick up the two squadrons. With

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice they got Rob the needed medical attention and can also help the Pangonians with medical supplies.

@};-

8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    ?Not a Jedi,? Jason grinned ?but one of them ? Master Skywalker ? tried to draft me into their service and I declined. I was having too much fun being just a pilot and medic and instructor. I have now a great job on the Taranak trying to keep the Yuuzhan Vong away.?

?Yuuzhan Vong,? Toshie mused ?they are everywhere but have not yet discovered Pangona and I hope they will never but?? and she began to smile ?the going here is tough with all those rocks.?

I am always amazed how you weave your words like carpets,... and combine other fanfics and the EU with your current story.

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    They don't have that much supplies. You will see in the next update

words are there to play with and there is a lot of that in the next chapter.

Nice rocks and a messy MASH

5 elona 1.40
    Space
    Strike cruiser Taranak

Captain Kalra was still in the hangar. He had seen all the pilots headed to their quarters except one. Curious to why that pilot stayed in his cockpit he walked towards the X-wing. Soft sniffing sounds had him getting a hoverpad and using that to come level with the cockpit.

With his hands supporting his head Kevin Beltaine was making those sniffing sounds. The helmet was at the usual place. And that had pointed ears and a tear stained face visible and the colours depicting a great sadness.

?Kevin,? Didier began with a soothing voice and waited when he saw hands beginning to stir. He extricated a handkerchief from a pocket.

A hand reached weakly to that piece of comfort. ?Uh thanks sir. You don?t have to wait any longer. Rob and Jason are somewhere else and Padilla uh??

?They didn?t make it,? Didier ? eyes getting tears ? gave the handkerchief to Kevin and sagged down on the hoverpad.

Kevin wiped his eyes and clutched the soft piece of cloth and heard his superior beginning to cry. He climbed out of the cockpit and on the hoverpad. Guiding it down he supported the captain and began to use the handkerchief.

Didier looked up when he felt that cloth on his face and asked ?you felt them in the Force??

?Only Padilla,? Kevin mumbled. ?Rob and Jason will contact us when they are able to do. You know sir. If it has Mujaa and Ewok in the header, it will mean trouble.?

?I know,? Didier righted his rumpled jacket ?and now we have to tell the crew that Padilla has paid the ultimate price. But we can only do that after waiting the required time.?

Kevin had a dreamy look in his liquid eyes. ?We will wait here. A message will come soon.? And he made himself comfortable on the hoverpad.

5 elona 1.50
    Pangona system
    Pangona city hospital

?Wow you are a Jedi.?

?No, just a surgeon who loves to fly,? Jason grinned when he settled Rob down on the table in the ER-room. Seeing the hospital being a one store building with two ER-rooms and one functioning OT and IC room and the various tents dotting the ground for patients not in need of intensive care it reminded him of a mobile army surgical hospital. He had already used his sensitive hands to probe Rob?s head for injuries and had found none but the slight concussion. He expected a returning to consciousness as soon as he started to work on pressure-suit-removal. This was the second time in the night that he was called a Jedi. Now it was coming from the young ER-surgeon who had introduced himself as Jim Lusana and who had apologised for the meagre supplies and the shabby condition of the hospital. ?Jim? had him remembering another surgeon ? a member of ?hospital squadron? and now staying with his friends on Lingala and the Jedi healer Leslie Tualan now safe on Moniron. ?Quarantine buoys and Jedi, yes I have to contact the captain and with all those nice rocks dotting the Pangona system we can make this planet a safe haven too. And we have to do something with this hospital that?s plastered together with spittle and bandaids.? He began to cut away the pressure-suit with Jim Lusana and Elsie Tantoa helping him and beginning with the lower part. ?And I have to get him a new suit before we return to the Taranak.?

Iffrrtt Iffy had his hold sliding open and used a grappler to get a spray-hypo.

?Tar ? oow!? Teary grey eyes opened. Grey skin became livid with blue and red patterns when grey eyes detected the old light fixtures covered in rust and the ceiling tiles with signs of water damage in dire need of repair.

?The oow is being taken care of,? Jason accepted

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow, talk about making do :p ;) But I'm glad all the necessary messages are sent. :)

11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Sorry, when I read the name Sissi I have totally different associations in my mind. Must be that I am German...

[face_blush]

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And those messages are leading to some funny moments

;)Those Varankonin[face_mischief]

Tug and push

5 elona 12.50
    Pangona system
    Pangona city hospital

Jason was in another tent ? Rob?s tent to be precise and his tent to be after getting a new bed ? situated on the sprawling grounds of the hospital where salvage crews had removed the damaged buildings months ago. Only the building with the two ER-rooms, one OT and one IC-room had survived the last flash flood. Modern equipment was in those rooms but supplies were scarce and were gifts from private hospitals. Tents ? donated by the government ? formed the main part of the hospital. A fund-raising was started to build a new hospital but with most inhabitants living on the wealthy islands the going was slow.

He was sitting on a hard plast folding chair next to a normal hospital bed showing some wear and tear from the flood. He fully expected Rob to wake up very soon because the IV bag was going empty in a few minutes and the sound of approaching threads was heard. He had guided Rob out of the sedation immediately after the surgery but was certain that Rob wouldn?t remember that. Immediately after the Varankonin was lifted by Nurse Ken Machita and Jason from the table in a bed he had fallen in a sleep. And for the third time during the night Jason was called a Jedi by that nurse.

Ken Machita had proven to be a great help after Jason?s disastrous wake-up on the old stretcher. He was there when Jason came in to get Iffy sending a more detailed message and had made a tasty porridge and a large pot of caf and had provided him with a set of clothes. And he had said ?send that astromech to me if you want something to eat or drink. You will sure like my broth.?

Iffy ? coming with a tray with water-bottles and a bowl with delicious smelling broth in his grapplers ? had a nose sniffing when that broth was being devoured by Jason.

?Ken sure is a great cook. This is wonderful.?

Grey eyes opened, blinked a few times and settled on that broth after roaming the room with the mud and dirty tarpaulin covering the floor. ?Hey it?s a tent.? That was said with a hoarse whispering voice.

?Some water??

Rob nodded.

Jason put the empty bowl on the tray and reached for one of the water-bottles that was fitted with a tube and helped Rob to drink.

Rob swallowed and gave a relieved smile. ?You have added medicines.?

?Yes in the IV that?s still there,? Jason put the bottle down and guided the bed in a reclining position.

?I see,? Rob saw the line ? coming from a modern control unit ? leading to his left foot and saw his arms covered with bandages made from old sheets and wooden splints. ?And that??

?I have used sterile gauze first to cover the wounds,? Jason assured. ?I could use what I had brought but for fixing the splints I had only sheets.?

PIEEEP

?Iffy get a new bag before the beep becomes a real alarm.?

Iffy trundled away as fast as he could ? slipping and sliding ? over the tarpaulin and opening the tent.

With the tent open and Iffy hurrying through the mud Rob saw now more of the ?hospital? and remarked ?we have to do something about the messy MASH.?

?The MASH is being taken care of. My second message to Didier will have him very busy contacting his friends. Getting your and my X-wing here gave me ideas to protect this planet from the Yuuzhan Vong and make it a safe world.?

?Was it that difficult to fly two X-wings??

?The same kind of mess we have created in the Dimmjel cluster by messing with the primary is kind of natural here. With the Pangona primary being an M-class sun, five gas-giants playing tug and push and space riddled with asteroids and rocks this planet gets an unstable surface because of the gravity changes. And that results in flash-floods wrecking havoc with the small continents.?

?I see,?

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL at waterfall of words & straws+ewoks ;)

14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Ewoks!

[face_laugh]

You manage to write them not annoying at all.

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006

And more fun coming in the next chapter.

Zombies

6 elona 10.00
    New Holstice
    Mechworks

She ? the love of his life ? was there, shimmering on the holo-receiver and smiling. She was clad in her dark pressure-suit. A helmet obscured her beautiful long black hair but couldn?t hide the smiling eyes behind the visor. ?You are alive and in some trouble.?

?Some rocks messing with a planet and two of my men are there in a messy MASH,? Didier replied. ?And Kyp is keeping you out of trouble??

?No. My ever oh so annoying when practising lightsaber fighting friend is fighting the Vong in an X-wing with what he calls Kyp?s dozen.?

?Kyp?s dozen, that?s a funny name. All Jedi knights??

?No, not that I know of and Didier, keep the Spiders and Scorpions away from him,? the hologram shimmered briefly when she shook her head.

?They are the protection for the Taranak,? Didier gave her the assurance she needed. ?And I have two Spiders on Pangona and five Spiders to go to that planet and help with some rock moving. But you should join him.?

?Only when he asks and Didier,? the eyes smiled mischievous ?he is gorgeous.?

?Dorne,? Didier started but saw the wink ?let?s talk business.?

?You began asking about my gorgeous friend.? That was said with a teasing voice. ?And he is. I should go and go looking for him. Flying this dull patrol in wild space gives me no Vong at all but I will do what Master Skywalker orders. At least it keeps me far away from the clutches of the Peace brigade. Or should I??

?Dorne,? Didier interrupted ?I am here with Russel Sadar and I need the permission from you as the chief of Mechworks to use a certain old Venator-class star destroyer. I uh ? Russel?s idea and already done because time is of the essence ? need her to transport a prefab hospital to Pangona because she is big enough for the task and armed with tractors and more? and he began to tell more about what Russel Sadar had accomplished after the first message.

Long after the hologram of Dorne Runia had disappeared ? with of course a do as Russel has begun and I will set up a secret mission for the Jedi for your Spiders ? Didier was walking to the cavernous hangar of Mechworks where the Venator-class star destroyer Indefatigable had been since the day it had been guided in after coming from Salendoni. That was two days before order 66 was given. Clone troopers, captain Tuffal and her officers and crew had left her in what was known at that time as hangar 41. And the captain had reported to Admiral Dave d?Lorrion about the success of the mop up of the last droid units on Salendoni and the unexpected bombing run of a left over seperatist cell that had the Indefatigable in dire need of repairs.
    The destroyer was scrapped from the duty-roster and some ? intentionally or not ? faults in the report had her listed as scrap. Didier suspected that Russel?s parents or Admiral d?Lorrion had something to do with that. Hangar 41 with the scrap that was inside ? the old stardestroyer was only a small piece in the cavernous hangar ? was bought by Russel Sadar?s parents and became ? after years going under the name of Sadar Repair Shop ? the inheritance for Russel. The boy had made it his pastime with his father to repair the destroyer. Contacts with Jedi Runia had him setting up Mechworks and completing the work on the old destroyer and more scrapped transports when students selected by the Jedi joined the company.

Didier smiled when he saw the big ship. On his 6th birthday he had seen her for the first time when Russel took him to see his father?s repair shop. And that had led to almost every free hour after school and during vacations spending to explore the old ship and a love for becoming once an officer or even a captain of a large ship. Russel had guided him on that path.

6 elona 13.00
    Pangona system
    Pangona city hospital
    Tent of Rob and Jason

W

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Enjoyed that and yes he is. LOL

17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Awed, Jim Lusana was awed when he saw the big stardestroyer landing with military precision on the field just beyond the sprawling complex of tents and one building. He knew ? Jason and Rob had instructed him ? that the coming days the prefab elements of a new hospital would be unloaded.
    And more; Pangona was now safe from unwanted guests. Buoys had been placed by captain Kalra and his crew in the outer perimeter of the system to warn about the hazards of rocks ? real ? and a deadly virus ? made up by Dorne Runia and Russel Sadar ? that made Pangona a planet of death.
    Tomorrow the rock moving would begin to make Pangona a safe place to live.

I dearly hope that it will really be a safe place to live ever after.

[face_peace]

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    More funny references are to follow

They are working on that

Secret missions?

Rocks?

Pangona system
    Pangona city

Pangona city was bustling with life. New buildings replaced old and irreparable ones. The hospital was now a sprawling complex of prefab buildings. The authorities had been very pleased and even more when Captain Kalra began to use his negotiating skills to persuade one of the refugees from Hamalk ? a famous architect ? to begin with the design of a new hospital.

Dindo O-Caheal had been easier to persuade to join the rebuild the city program. He had seen the reports of his brother Carlo ? one of the captains of the eight Hamalk ships ? after his arrival. The Indefatigable and her skeleton crew of droids and her support of X-wings and droid operated Eta-2 actis interceptors had been essential to keep them unnoticed by the Yuuzhan Vong. Carlo had seen the messages coming from Coruscant, their alternative when Pangona would refuse the refugee ships.
    And Issa Dakin ? patrolling with Weston ? had sighted an in his words ?nasty bunch of rock throwing and spitting nasties? coming their way on an intercept course to just the place where Carlo and his eight ships were waiting for the positive message from Dindo.
    Captain Kalra came with the idea and transponders were transplanted into droid-ships and launched on a course to Coruscant.
    Eight Hamalk ships and one star-destroyer could continue their trip to Pangona.

Unloading the prefab hospital had been the first priority.
    Moving rocks became the second priority when one of those was on an intercept course with Pangona. The Indefatigable made short work of the rock, making first with her turbolasers little chunks of rocks that could be towed away with the tugs.

Manning the tugs to move the rocks had been no problem at all with volunteers from Hamalk and Pangona willing to assist Captain Kalra and his pilots.
    The Indefatigable became an invaluable asset with her turbolasers and tractorbeams.
    Four X-wing pilots ? sometimes six when Jason and Kevin were not busy in the hospital ? directed the entire operation.

Rob was recuperating and was asked by the captain to take the command over the entire operation. The captain had received a message from Jedi Runia as arranged by her.
    Captain Kalra had returned in a lambda-class shuttle ? stored by Russel Sadar in the stardestroyer ? to resume command over the Taranak and the mission to safe-guard New Holstice.
    The tents were still there. They formed the quarters for the Spiders.

5 helona 08.00
    Pangona system
    Pangona city hospital

Kevin Beltaine had been in doubt this morning. Go with Sannie, Weston, Issa and Steve to lead the rock pushing crews in his X-wing or on the stardestroyer or help Jason and Jim to remove the nuts and bolts from Rob?s arm. But a bucket of soapy water thrown by Jason in his tent had him hurrying to the scrub room. He would have his revenge and had only some talking to do to his young friend Ted Deckard who was asked to assist Jim Lusana and the two nurses Elsie and Ken. He was humming a Varankonin song from his youth when he entered the scrub-room with something ? ideal for the prank ? he had found during his exploring of the Indefatigable and her medical rooms.

?Jason is already with his assistants Don and Toshie in the OT convincing Rob that he has to listen to his story. He sure is in for a surprise.? He sauntered to where Elsie and Ken were scrubbing and began to give instructions, halting for a moment but continuing when Jim and Ted entered. Some work followed. Some more was added after Ted had another great idea. And he was glad that he had donned ? like the four others ? a cloth facemask that obscured his smiling mouth when he saw Jason looking up from behind his equipment.

5 helona 09.30
    Pangona system
    Venator-class star destroyer Indefatigable

Steve Banasco was having fun. This day he had flown his X-wing

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] enjoyed the playfulness.

20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    ?More scrub-room fun with Ted thoroughly soaked and scrubbed and giving all of us a present. And I had to take care of an entire batch of ?Rockies? and took them to our tent. Give one to Weston and here,? Jason tossed another ?Rocky? to Sannie and Issa, turned on his side and began to snore softly adding that sound to Kevin?s snores.

Beeep Beeep

Issa squeezed the two toys and ran to the tent he shared with Weston. ?I will bring you to our animal rock killer.?

Your playfulness is indeed one of the greatest features in your updates!

:)

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    playing with words and it is fun with pilots.

Rocks, Mynocks and Ewoks

9 selona (29 ABY)

Pangona system
    Pangona city

Two months ago Sannie had landed the Indefatigable on the place reserved for the big stardestroyer after the last rock had been towed away. The planet Pangona was now safe from rocks interfering with the gravitational forces that had floods appearing regularly to devastate the settlements. And the very last rock ? a small one ? had been taken by the rock tugging crews aboard the Indefatigable and was now on display in the central plaza of Pangona city. A ceremony was planned and a party. Revealing of that rock had been done by the Spiders and the party that followed had lasted a week.

More great news reached the planet through the holonet. Coruscant was liberated from the Yuuzhan Vong.

And the opening of the new Pangona City hospital had Rob contacting his captain to tell that the Spiders were ready to return to the Taranak. And he, Kevin and Jason weren?t surprised at all that the Taranak had been successful in her mission of defending New Holstice.

The four remaining Spiders and the Scorpions had flown an exciting mission outbound from the planet when a Yuuzhan Vong scouting party was detected by Felicia Korne and her three wing-women. Wing-commander Korne sent her girls to the Taranak before engaging the scout yelling ?this is for the Zombies? and brought the ultimate sacrifice. ?Zombies? had the girls and techs from the Taranak on alert. The techs hurried to launch the droid-fighters with again a transponder of a big stardestroyer and her escorts. The remaining Scorpions had escorted their Zombie ships, entered their pre-programmed jump into hyperspace, reverted to realspace and had the pleasure of seeing the Zombies and Vong coming too close to a class A blue star and being sucked in. Pilots had been promoted.

And hearing about those promotions Issa had played mischievous pranks on the only pilot officer of the Spiders left; Weston Telsini.
    One of those pranks was a ?Rocky? with his name and ?baby pilot? tag added. And his astromech greeted everybody with a whistled ?rookie? after some tinkering by Issa. And that had been leading to naming the astromech Rocky.

Pangona system
    Pangona city hospital

?Rockies? were present everywhere in the hospital thanks to Ted Deckard and Jim Lusana. The surgeons gave them to the children.
    And they were not the only gift.
    Other dolls ? spawned when Kevin gave one of his straws with a climbing Ewok to Dindo O-Caheal, meeting him after a successful rock moving mission in a make-shift bar in Pangona City ? were now quite popular with the children. Dindo had set up a production line for plush dolls with the men and women from Hamalk.

The dolls were leading to a discussion in one of the tents.
    The pilots were packing their belongings and ready to leave after the great goodbye party.

?You sure remember the illustrious Wes Janson introducing the great and marvellous X-wing pilot Kettch beginning a series of Ewok-pranks and the ?yub yub commander? resulting from that introduction,? Issa had been stuffing his things in his bag, had sauntered to Rob?s tent and was waving with a plush doll resembling an Ewok.

?I do Issa,? Rob replied ?but I don?t see why I have to take one of those dolls with me. I have the ?rocky? and that?s enough.?

?I have stuffed one in the cargo-bay of Jason?s X-wing and Kevin has one and Sannie and Steve and even Weston could be persuaded to take one doll,? Issa continued what he was doing and that was grabbing the bag from Rob and stuffing the doll in that bag. ?It will come in handy. I am sure of that? he closed the zipper and slung the bag over his shoulder.

?Ah whatever,? Rob grinned and followed his pilot to one of the changing rooms of the new hospital where the new uniforms for the Transparent and Grey Nerf squadron were waiting. If it would lead to a prank it wou

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Glad about Pangona but pink, clingy uniforms? [face_laugh]

Snug as sausage wrappings ... [face_laugh]

Do love sausage, links and patties both.

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    That pink fun is for the chapter after this one that is very funny with some nice references

Socks and Ewoks

10 selona
    Briggo patch

?Geez this is a nice and cosy large asteroid with a cave large enough to hide us and the pretty friend of our captain,? Issa said in the mike of his helmet com when he opened the canopy of his X-wing and began to climb down in the light gravity when he spotted a smaller transport with closed ramp in the near distance with a woman dressed in a dull black pressure-suit coming towards Rob?s X-wing. The shiny cylinder at her belt gave her away. She was Jedi Knight Dorne Runia. ?And ah yes there she is again waiting for us with new and undoubtedly new orders to resume our voyage to her boy friend. I haven?t seen you in hours.? Getting his feet on the dirt he started with a brisk pace towards her only now noticing that the others remained in their cockpits with the canopies closed.

In the first three meeting places that had been different. The first meeting was on an abandoned Yuuzhan Vong transformed mining station on an asteroid where Dorne had tested their replies to questions about the ?secret missions? and had given new ?missions? to study. The second was one day ago. A late night arrival on a small spaceport on an agricultural colony of Maridun had them donning the pink and grey uniforms and headed to the ?hopping Bantha inn? where they were greeted by the owner of that inn after a lengthy introduction by Jedi Runia. Lodging for the night was provided and there on the bed of commander Spanish were the new orders. And Issa had been ?all smiles? when the teenage daughters of that owner made witty remarks during breakfast. And the third had been five hours ago on an automated refuelling station.

?Issa, don?t you see?t ?ho?se ? m ? yn ?ocks?? That came over his helmet-com a bit garbled by he didn?t know for sure but suspected that the ore was playing dirty tricks and he turned his head towards the speaker ?Eeech!? The Zabrak ran pel mel back towards his X-wing trying to dodge the horde of flying Mynocks and seeing splotches of poodoo beginning to obscure his faceplate and the pink markings and more of his suit. Wheezing he hurried up the ladder-struts and dove inside and was hitting the close button when he saw a brilliant blue arc severing through the wings of the largest Mynock he had ever seen. The owner of that brilliant blue arc emitted by an activated lightsaber was standing on the nose of his X-wing as if it was a paved pathway and she was swinging that lightsaber along and scaring away the remaining Mynocks. And what baffled him was that she ordered in a very casual way ?Commander Spanish, you can take your pilots towards my transport for some refreshments and refuelling. I will guide our Mynock distraction.?

?Through th the my socks,? Issa stuttered and pushed again the release for the canopy.

?Only the dead ones and the poodoo,? Dorne grinned ?and you have to go through decon before you can join the others for a lunch of??

?Mynock meat,? Rob continued and ran towards the transport hearing more of Issa?s muttering until he pushed the ?silence? button on his control-plate.

11 selona 9.00
    Space between Anaxes and Coruscant
    Mon Cal civilian cruiser Mon Manlon

?No socks here,? Issa climbed down from his X-wing and opened the cargo-hold to get his bag. Now he was the last one to get out.

?Mynocks,? Weston turned his head and waited for Issa to join him. And he began to smile when he heard the calm voice of Spanish trying to convince the steward that his squadron had booked passage and cabins in advance and more; X-wings were no trouble at all up to the last nut and bolt and what was stuffed inside the cargo hold. Or had been; the commander was carrying his bag with his grey Nerf uniform and his normal uniform and the plush doll.

?Our X-wings are quite safe. The weapons are in lock down mode and the astromechs??

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Thank you so much for giving us a steady supply of fun-ness in your posts.

It really is uplifting.

@};-

25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    ?You are the last to hear this. Listen very carefully. I will tell this only once,? Rob began

Somebody has been watching "´Alo, ´Alo". :D I bet you did, dear bird.

I am back from my winter holidays in the mountains, though I am in Germany still. My parents will drive me back to the Netherlands, because I am ill. A feverish cold got to me. Sigh.

Anyway, love the last two updates. Especially this one, because it has Leia in it.

PS: I am sorry for Prince Johan Friso. The Harz Mountains have no avalanches.

@};-