main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spiderdevil's Hatred Corner

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Spiderdevil, Sep 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spiderdevil

Spiderdevil Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    Nope, I'm on-campus. I park in Millett too though. :)

2. Darth_Destructo

Darth_Destructo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    Those parking people are all ex-ninjas, or ex-special forces... either that or they're magicians.
    They appear, slide a ticket under my wipers and then *puff* they just disappear again.
    I hate the system that turns ordinary men and women into "Ticket Demons".

*Signs cheque*

3. audio_karate

audio_karate Jedi Master star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    I should invest in a bicycle. But curbs and I don't get along, and there are some scary drivers around here, as well.

4. Spiderdevil

Sep 20, 2000
    The parking policies here at Miami really suck. The university "discourages" students from bringing cars to campus. This "discouraging" basically involves making it damn near impossible to park anywhere without getting a ticket.

I think one of my first Hatred Corner rants was about getting screwed while registering my car for my parking permit...ah, the memories. The bitter, hateful memories...

5. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Actually, I don't think it was. You mentioned the situation and said that you were going to rant about it next time and then you got sidetracked. Or so I think.

6. Spiderdevil

Sep 20, 2000
    It appears you're right, Half.

Anyway, what happened was I'd registered online for a parking permit. After I didn't receive it in the mail, I went to the parking services office to pick one up. The permit I'd already requested was just sitting there, waiting to go out into the mail. But I won't comment on that bit of workplace stupidity.

I got my permit and go out into the parking lot to find not one, but two tickets on my car. One for $50 and one for $75, for not having a registered vehicle and being in a lot that didn't allow vehicles with my type of registration.

I went back in and demanded to know how I was expected to pay the fine for not having a registered car when I was inside picking up my registration. They knocked the $75 ticket down to $10, so I only owed $60 total. But it still pisses me off how universities completely screw their students when it comes to things of this nature.

7. Doikk-Na-ts

Doikk-Na-ts Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 20, 2002
    While we're on parking....

If you didn't know, I live in Fairbanks, AK. As soon as snow hits the ground, people think they can drive and park anywhere they want. I mean anywhere!! Just because you can't see the lines anymore must mean they don't exist. Who was the Greek philosopher with that theory? Just because the curbs aren't as sharp I guess it's now OK to drive over them. I even had a guy drive right through my yard instead of around the block once. It must have saved him a good 30 seconds. The landlord said there is no policy against driving on yards unless you get stuck or damage something. (That's really proactive.) (By the way, after that I took a spin through his yard. Put the chains on the Accord so as not to get stuck.)
    Lastly, you can tar & feather me as a sexist pig, but give a woman 4WD in the winter and just watch your a$$. That's all I've got.

Wow Sd, it feels good to rant a little.

8. Saruman_The_Ecru

Saruman_The_Ecru Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    i hate it when i don't get asked out.

9. Doikk-Na-ts

Feb 20, 2002
    Try doing the asking. You never know 'til you try. :)

10. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    [face_laugh] at both of those car stories. Hilarious!

11. Spiderdevil

Sep 20, 2000
    Yea...hilarious... :mad:

On the plus side...3,000 posts. :D Only fitting that it takes place in my thread. :)

12. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    I meant hilarious in the best way possible. ;)

13. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    [face_laugh]

I swear it costs more for parking than petrol over here.... [face_plain]
    Still, I can't get used to walking any more. :p

14. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    I just found this topic, and I think it is really cool. I believe ranting is the best way to deal with anger. I would like to rant about parents:

To start with, I want to say that I do not hate my parents. They are my parents for god?s sake. I believe hatred towards them would be emotionally impossible.

However, I hate the fact that I was raised believing that their approval had to be given for every one of my actions. The classes I took in school had to be approved by them, as did my friends I hung out with, the TV shows I watched, the music I listened to, etc. I am not allowed to receive calls, or hang out with people my parents do not approve of. I grew up watching A&E documentaries, and when lucky cartoons my parents felt were worth my time. I was 5 for god?s sake. Who cared about time then?

What pisses me off now, is that I am 19 years old, and I still seek my parent?s approval for everything. That is because if I do not, my parents will be disappointed in me.

This leads to topic 2?I hate that my parents instilled in my mind that disappointing them would be the most heinous act I could ever commit. Sure, I can put up with the yelling and insulting, but once either of my parents reply, ?You disappoint me? I am pretty much devastated for a really long time. They know this, and some times, I feel they use it to their advantage.

I also hate the fact that I cannot talk to my parents about my problems. I am so afraid of their disappointment that I hide my fears, problems with school, and my fights with my friends. I never told my parents I failed math or that I applied to the University of Washington?just to get rejected, that I lost pretty much all my friends during the transition from 10th to 11th grade, or that I have irrational fears that dominate my life. Because if they did know, they would be disappointed with me.

I hate the fact that I cannot stand up to them. I hate the fact that I am such a dammed coward I never defend myself whenever my parents decide to chew me out. I hate the fact that I allowed myself to become their scapegoat for their problems?that I have become this walking mat and that I am constantly being used by my parents.

I hate it that I never was allowed to discover my own interests. All elements of my life required the approval of my parents?thank god they approved of Star Wars. I hate it that I never found out for myself whether network TV was a waste of time, if sitcoms were crap, if the Simpson?s was really that bad of a show. I wish my parents would ask me what I feel before declaring a show a waste of time and ban me from watching it. And while I love classical music, I wish that I was given the opportunity to find out on my own.

I hate it that while my other siblings live by the same standards, they did not grow up seeking my parent?s approval or living in constant fear of their disappointment. I hate it that my siblings accuse me of being spoiled while I am so envious of their courage and self-confidence.

I hate it when my parents fight, because my mother always wants me to take sides, more importantly, her side. I hate it that she is asking me to forsake my loyalty to one of my parents. I hate being placed in that position.

I hate feeling as if I am locked in a cage and I hate it that I am unable to tell me parents to let me be free. I hate the fact that I run to the Internet?my only solace from my life?whenever I need an escape. I hate it that I cannot run into the open arms of my parents and just cry when life gets to me. I hate it that I am so afraid of my parents.

Wow--sorry this is so long. I started ranting and could not stop! :)

15. Spiderdevil

Sep 20, 2000
    Yvette...I was quite vocal in a thread of yours in the JCC a few months ago, so I'm familiar with your situation. I hate to be blunt, but you cannot allow your parents to go on controlling you like this. And I say this with concern for your mental and emotional well-being: get some help. Talk to a counsellor, a friend, a teacher. It doesn't matter who. Just sit down and talk to someone about all this. Venting to people you've never met on a message board only helps so much, and it's not as if we can step in and defend you to your parents. It sounds as though they have some deep-seated emotional problems of their own if they feel they have to have the last say on each and every one of your actions. I am all for parental control in a child's development, but if you're 19 and still have to get their approval as to who your friends are and what music you listen to...I honestly don't know what to say. I feel for you, kid. And I hope you can work things out with them.

16. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    ... and I agree with everything that SD said. It's your life, you know what we were going to say. You've heard it many times before, it's always the same advice, because it's the only thing we can do, advice. I hope that you think about it, do you really want things to change? Or are you already to comfortable with the status quo?
    Good luck.

17. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    Double Post.

18. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    Thanks for the advice, even though as Darth_Destructo pointed out, its the same stuff that I have been told many times. It just relieves my frustration whenever I write out my problems.

Thanks again.

19. Spiderdevil

Sep 20, 2000
    Up. 10 days. 10 freakin' days between posts...

Where has all the hatred gone? :(

20. Doikk-Na-ts

Feb 20, 2002
    I should have been in Hawaii right now. The band there needed a few people to fill out their #s for a marching tattoo and I was one of the lucky ones picked to go. They cancelled at the last minute because of how much tickets would have cost. Those cheap bastards. I had already bought a ticket for my wife to come with me since it was spring break and they told me it was a sure bet we'd be going. SPRING BREAK IN HAWAII!!

Well here I am, stuck in Fairbanks AK when I should be kicking back in Oahu. Now, if I want to waste my time yakking about stupid fictional drinks, back the #@?& off!

Ahhh. I feel better now. Thanks.

Straight from my EUC B&G rantings.

21. Spiderdevil

Sep 20, 2000
  22. audio_karate

audio_karate Jedi Master star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    Dodging the bombardment of icicles falling from trees is a tricky deal. They've scored a direct hit 2 times today.

Oxford weather strikes again (in more ways than one) = Auuggghhhhh!

:mad: How's that for a bit of the hate stuff?

23. Spiderdevil

Sep 20, 2000
    I myself only took a couple of minor hits from the falling ice. Freaky weather 'round these parts.

24. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    The ice fell around me, because I'm too important to tarnish. ;)

I forgot audio_karate was a Miami student too. That makes this one big happy family minus the big part and take away the happy aspect and really, we're more of a codependency sphere than a family...

25. Spiderdevil

Sep 20, 2000
    I prefer to think of you both as "acquaintances."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.