main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spiderdevil's Hatred Corner

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Spiderdevil, Sep 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    I'll tell you what I hate, and it rhymes with "midermevil"...

[face_devil] A-haha!

2. Spiderdevil

Spiderdevil Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    You son of a...

And -2 points for that hideous pun when you closed the Bowel thread.

3. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    "hideous pun?" Methinks you just wish you'd thought of it. ;)

4. JediMasterBigHungry

JediMasterBigHungry Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2001
    You know what I hate?
    I hate the fact that I am working 40 hours a week and taking 12 hours of classes and next semester it will be 15 hours of classes while working 40 hours a week. That really sucks.

5. Spiderdevil

Sep 20, 2000
    That does indeed suck. Good luck man.

6. JediMasterBigHungry

Oct 24, 2001
    It really sucks, because I happen to work at McDonald's, you know that McDonald's is owned by the company I hate most, Disney.

7. barnsthefatsith

barnsthefatsith Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2001
    I thought McDonalds was a franchise? ?[face_plain]

8. Spiderdevil

Sep 20, 2000
    McDonald's is owned by Disney? I don't think so...how sure are you about that?

9. barnsthefatsith

Oct 30, 2001
    McDonalds isn't owned by any one person/firm. Unless you work at a McDonalds in Disneyland or something.

10. Rokangus

Rokangus Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2000
    I dojn't know it could be possible. I notice that whenever a new disney flick comes out, the happy meal features toys from that movie. Plus the fact that McDonalds is the only franchise I've ever seen in Disneyland.

I mean it's not like Disney doesn't own a bunch of companies already. They own their own broadcasting channel (ABC), as well as a baseball team and a couple stadiums in the Anahiem area.

11. JediMasterBigHungry

Oct 24, 2001
    I figured that since they help promote every single Disney flick that comes out and that they are changing alot of the way they do things kind of indicates that they are owned by Disney. The store that I work at however, is not a corporate owned store, so I don't really know for sure that McDonald's is owned by Disney. I guess I will ask a manager today if McDonald's is owned by Disney. I will have the answer for you all tomorrow.

12. Spiderdevil

Sep 20, 2000
    The reason you see the Disney toys at McDonald's and a McDonald's in Disneyland is because they have an exclusive contract with Disney, that's all. Disney does not own the franchise, unless Big Hungry proves us wrong tomorrow.

13. barnsthefatsith

Oct 30, 2001
    Disney may own some of the McDonalds chain, but I don't think they are the franchisor.

14. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Yeah, Disney doesn't own McDonalds. However if they did you'd see something like "The Mickey Mouse burger" or "Pluto milkshakes". Luckily I work at Best Buy so I don't have to handle greesy food and all. :p

15. Spiderdevil

Sep 20, 2000
    Best Buy, eh? Want to get me some stuff with your employee discount? ;)

16. barnsthefatsith

Oct 30, 2001
    Kansas, Spider and FID all have the same icon. That's confusing.

17. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    Must be a popular character Barnsy warnsy. :p

18. barnsthefatsith

Oct 30, 2001
    I guess that's pretty obvious, Fiddy-widdy :p

19. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    You bring up another point. I hate those jackasses who say Fiddy instead of fifty. Err...I hate that, is english so hard to use anymore?

20. Spiderdevil

Sep 20, 2000
    "The year was Nineteen-Diggity-Two. We had to use diggity cuz the Kaiser had taken our word for twenty." ~ Grandpa Simpson

:D

21. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    LoL, good quote. :p

22. Spiderdevil

Sep 20, 2000
    1501 posts. Beer's in the fridge, boys. Let's party like it's 1999!

23. JediMasterBigHungry

Oct 24, 2001
    I was wrong. Disney doesn't own McDonald's. McDonald's is in an exclusive contract to promote every movie made by the evil Disney corporation. Oh well, I guess I can be wrong sometimes.

24. Spiderdevil

Sep 20, 2000
    Hey, everybody's wrong sometimes. Don't sweat it.

25. Jades Fire

Jades Fire Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1998
    Spiderdevil: C'mon people, post some seething hatred.

Can anyone play?

Okay here goes . . .

You know what I hate?

I hate stupid trolls, apologists, and bootlicking author worshippers who bash NJO Critics out of sheer ignorance or because s/he doesn't agree with our stated goals of reasoned, intelligent, well-thought out, and non-combative discussion of the flaws in the NJO. A "critic" is NOT obligated to point out the good with the bad. However, many Critics have said nice things about certain aspects of the NJO. The trolls conveniently *choose* to overlook those posts. It is not the "bash fest" that ignorant, self-serving apologists make it out to be.

Lots and lots of ignorant trolls just don't understand, or never bother to read any of the posts. Most of the NJO Critics have stopped buying the books. I stopped after Balance Point. I borrowed Keyes' YJK ... I mean EOV books. I know others who did the same. Some bought the EOV books, listening to the exhortations of fellow forum members to keep giving it another chance, hoping for an eventual turn-around in quality they never saw materialize. I was actually advertising a boycott of the NJO in my signature for about 6 months, telling people who don't like the NJO not to buy the books anymore, so I don't wanna hear any lectures about not buying the books if I don't like them. Many Critics are refusing to buy Scar by Scar... oops, Star by Star, myself included. If we ever decide to read it, it will be borrowed from the library, borrowed from a friend, or read in the bookstore.

Also, I laugh at the stupid teenage bootlicker punks who send flaming hate mail to me because s/he doesn't agree with me. This is a tactic of truly stupid and desparate crybabies. I keep all these emails and sometimes send the worst ones to the admins to let them know of the harrassing behavior. Criticizing writers or editors is bad, but sending hate mail to opponents is okay? Whatever crybabies. If it continues, it can be grounds for bannings.

Are people so insecure that they have to bash the Critics just because we have a little Club of our own? Do these fanboyz love the NJO so much that they have to bash a group of fans just to make themselves feel better or superior? (These are rhetorical questions; you aren't supposed to answer them.)

Get over yourselves I say. We NJO Critics see the Bantam books and all their flaws -- some were really bad. We see lots to like about the Bantam books too. If we didn't like a crappy storyline, we only had to wait 6 to 12 months for something different. With all the death and destruction by religious holy-warriors in the world we now live in, some of us don't want to read about similar death and destruction by creatures on a religious holy war in a fictional world we used to read for a escapist fun.

You don't know how hard it is for some of us who've spent years and years enjoying the EU to suddenly find that you no longer enjoy reading something you mostly enjoyed for almost 10 years. It feels like a significant passing. A part of your life that you enjoyed is no longer there, gone at a time when escapism can be cathartic, so pardon us if we don't go quietly into that good night.

//end rant

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.