main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey Spiderman 2 **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthGyos, Jun 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    Conechewa, b*tches-

I will be attending the midnight showing of Spiderman 2 this evening. I heard nothing but great things about it. The thing that excites me the most is that they said the effects are almost seemless, much better than SP1.

I figure this thread would be a good spot do discuss.
    After you see it, comment.

~DG~

Edited title by request (and without reading any posts either!)

2. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    I'll be coming here after a 10:15 showing Thursday. I was gonna see it tommorrow night, but I had tickets for some other movie or something... :confused:

¤Night

3. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Gary and I went to the midnight showing and I absolutely LOVED it. Without giving it away to those who haven't seen it yet.....I liked it much better than SP1.

I'll discuss more when everyone else has seen it. :)

4. DarthGyos

Apr 23, 2001
    *SPOILERS AHOY!!!!*

Spidey 2 was good. The fight scenes were great. It's cool to see the character fall into his powers and look more comfortable using them. There were some soliloquies and leaned towards character developement, which is good. I hate he fact that his foes keep dying (for those spidey fans that remember the SINSITER SIX series). Good to see Doc Conners in it, possible eluding to the Reptile's visit in one of the next sequels. And of course Harry as the Goblin will be key. I have to say it was cool seeing all of those pumpkin bombs.

'nuff said!

Til next time, true believers
    ~DG~

5. Night4554

Oct 9, 2000
    I thought it was good. I haven't really absorbed it enough to say if I liked one better than the other. A few things irked me. Whenever he goes into an alleyway, he takes his mask off. And in both movies his life is saved by the helpless old lady or guy on the bridge throwing trash.

I did however like the subway scene the way they were all kind of stunned by also keeping his secret, and the way they stood up to Ock and he just shoved them aside, that was more realistic.

The arms irked me. They were talking about "Nobal Prizes" when they could ahve one two or three for the arms alone - Artifical Intelligence, Metal (or Plastics) that are both infinitely invulnerable and insulating against heat, and neural fusion to the brain. *shrug* One of those things you just have to chalk up to science fiction I guess.

¤Night

6. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    The only thing that irked me was that EVERYONE knew who Spider-Man was by the end of the film. I think my favorite part was when the ceiling was about to crash on MJ and Peter/Spidey's reaction to it. I really don't like all of the MJ/Peter lovey stuff, because it's the same dialogue all of the time.

I do like seeing Harry's dark side. I can't wait till the third. The door is open to so many possibilities now!

7. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    I really enjoyed the movie. I agree with the part that he took off the mask wayyy too much, and everyone except Aunt May now knows that Peter is Spiderman. However, the entire Subway sequence was awesome. I thought it was really interesting seeing how they carried him up after he passed out. Their savior from death is treated like a God. Just one of those weird things I noticed.

Great movie though, one of the best comic book movies made.

8. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Wow. I hated this movie. The ending was painful to watch; it was so predictable. Yuck. :p

9. XenoSphere

XenoSphere Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    Thumbs down. Way too dramatic for a comic book movie.
    I am Spider Man no more. Oh no. Do you love me? My man senses tell me yes but my spider senses tell me no.

They have killed comic book movies. :(

I'll go watch the Spider-Man Vs. Doc Ock cartoon, thank you. [face_love]

10. DarthGyos

Apr 23, 2001
    Interesting comments. I am a big Spidey fan (see tatoo), but told Marie this morning that I thought X2 was a better sequel. I will end up seeing it again, and hopefully extrapolate more from it than before.

~DG~

11. XenoSphere

Sep 9, 2003
    X2 was a better sequel indeed. [face_love]

My little brother liked Spider Man 2(He saw it today I think) better than X2. :(

I liked 'The Hulk'. I didn't see 'The Punisher' but I wanted to. And I hear they're making 'Elektra' & 'DareDevil 2'. Nooooo.

I think one of the reasons I didn't like the movie is because of what Toby. I don't like him at all.

Tattoo?

12. Mandallore

Mandallore Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2004
    'They killed comic book movies.'???

Wow. I didn't think anything like that. If anything, I thought that this go round of a comic movie was so much more aimed at the fans who've been reading the books for years and years and years. So many times we say that we want them to make a movie just for the fans...to be true to us. This time around, they have. It was dark, it was gritty, and it was realistic...and in the end, that was too much for people. Interesting.

OK...here's my take. I thought it was great (duh). When Spidey was struggling with stopping the El train from going off the tracks (c'mon...the line just ENDS near the WATER?! OKies...so THAT wasn't realistic!) Toby showed so much emotion in his face. You could tell that he was going to save them, die trying, or die along with them...but there was NO giving up. THIS is what a superhero movie is all about. There's consequences to his actions...and he's very much a hero of the people.

I can't believe that I'm going to say this here...but I think I shed more a tear watching this movie than I have in a while...

Of course...I'm just a dork who reads too many comics. What do I know? ;-)

13. XenoSphere

Sep 9, 2003
    Watch 'Comic Book: The Movie'. Mark Hamill speaks the truth. That movie probably describes how I feel.

14. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    *RUBS EYES*

You liked THE HULK?! Eegads.

15. XenoSphere

Sep 9, 2003
    Not necessarily LIKED it as a movie, but it was better than Spider Man to me. Hell, even Blade was better.

16. JEDIMASTER6872

JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2004
    I liked SM2 but thought the book went much more into the relationship between the tentacles and Doc Ock...

ands the stupid subway scene was changed from the book.. the book vrs was alot better... it was same till the point where they grabbed him and brought him in... I think they should have stuck with the book vrs of that .....

HULK ... that was a HUGE dissapointment to me...
    Didnt see PUNISHER... but I do look forward to ELECKTRA in the red outfit... and CATWOMAN also

Justin Manning

p.s.. got the materials for my Imperial officers outfit.... need to get info for hat and such.....

washing materials on tuesday and going to try and make the pants and shirt stuff....

anyone going to Conn. convention in like 10 days ???? I know NEG501st is going... any from NJO by chance ???

17. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I saw Spiderman 2 on Sunday and I really liked it. I don't think it was so spectacular to be completely deserving of all the critical praise it's gotten, but I can't say I was really disappointed either. Since I never read the comics, I really don't have anything to compare the story with. The subway scene was by far my favorite, great action and a great turning point in the movie.

My only complaint is that I don't really care for MJ's character. For those of you that are comic savvy, how does her movie character compare? Maybe I just don't care for Kirsten Dunst that much since she's gotten older, I don't know. I have no problem with her younger films.

18. LifeSabre

LifeSabre Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    Her comic character is very similar to the movie character actually

but i think in the comic she is more carefree and happy with life...

19. DarthGyos

Apr 23, 2001
    MJ in the comics was much more confident and hotter. I agree: I am a Kirsten Dunst fan, but she is getting annoying in these flix.

~DG~

20. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    The comic book geeks I work with keep telling me they are SICK of Kirsten Dunst as MJ, that they need a new girl to play her.

To be honest, I'm glad they didn't pick Kate Hudson either.....she was on slate to play MJ too.

21. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Well, I really liked it. Thought it had some of the best (intentional) humorous moments in a superhero movie.
    The surgery room was a little overdone, definatley leaning more towards Raimi than Lee. There were other perts of the movie that had me thinking "This is sooo Sam Raimi."
    Good to know Dr Strange is out there :)
    Cameos were great: Stan Lee, Bruce Campbell (again!), Ted Raimi (even tho it was a bit more than cameo I guess)
    Will Harry become Green Goblin 2 or Hobgoblin? I'm hoping for something a little less metallic.
    Have to say the Catwoman trailer actually improved my thoughts on it, bringing up from "don't want to see it" to "maybe rent it"

22. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I thought that this one was better than the first. Not that the first one was bad, but aside from the intro for Octavius there was no backstory to generate. The special effects were spectacular. The fight scenes where Spidey and Doc Ock were tumbling down the side of the building were awesome. Being able to pull of a fight like that with 4 mechanical arms punching away at Spidey all the way down is most impressive. The funniest part was when Spiderman lost his powers and had to take the elevator [face_laugh]!!!

"That's a great costume! Where did you get it?"
    "Ummm... I made it myself."

Definately looking forward to adding this to my DVD collection!

23. Night4554

Oct 9, 2000
    I forgot to say this before, but I thought the intro credits were amazing.

¤Night

24. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Yeah, Alex Ross is da bomb!

25. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Alex Ross has my heart because he did this BEAUTIFUL drawing of Harley Quinn dancing with the Joker.

I want that cell art SO bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.