main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX Spiderman 3 at the IMAX

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Sith_Mistress, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Mistress

Sith_Mistress Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Spiderman 3 starts this weekend, and we are heading over to the Palladium IMAX to see it on the huge screen! I know that some of you are planning on going to the midnight showing late Thursday night, but it's always great to see a good movie with good friends. So some of us will be meeting at the new IMAX to see Spiderman 3 on SATURDAY, May 5 at 7pm

GET YOUR TICKETS ASAP! THIS IS GOING TO SELL OUT FAST! We had planned on going on Friday evening, but they were already sold out, so if you want to go, don't wait to buy your tickets!

If you plan on going, please email me or post on here, and we'll talk about when and where to meet.

See you there!
    Lisa

2. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    That is a bummer because I have prior plans that night and cannot make it at 7pm. I'm going to go on Friday to the Drafthouse. I'll have to catch it on IMAX at a later time. Have fun guys!

3. tre_si_san

tre_si_san Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2004
    Sorry going to go play Starship Troopers..or more exactly go film the tactical paintball scenario of Starship Trooopers out in the Seguin area. Have fun.

4. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    Who are going to be the Bugs?

5. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    I saw the midnight showing of Spiderman 3 with Jimmie Draper last night. It was good. There was a little too much going on at once. Too many villains and the movie did kind of drag in the middle, but it was funny, smart, and character driven. There could have been more action, but I always say that in these superhero movies. Ya'll know I could watch six hours of Spiderman fighting bad guys!

6. thx1067

thx1067 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 30, 2003
    Sorry I couldn't make it out to see the movie.

I'm sick as a dog with strep throat.

I'm out in Kerrville so I'm officially quarantined to keep from getting my girls sick.

As for the movie, Rottentomatoes.com rated Spidy 3 at 62%.

I'm still hoping to see the movie despite it draggin on in the middle.

I didn't really have any great expectations since Peter Parker is just as whiney as Anakin. At least Anakin had the balls to commit himself to a singular path in life. I get a little sick of Peter constantly being wishy washy. He reminds me of Zach Braff on SCRUBS. I just want to shake him!

By the way . . . .

I got my hands on the Lucas' director's cut of THX1138 and showed it today to my filmsociety. The new added special effects were done well and the sound just absolutely makes that movie.

Well, I'm sure you can tell that I'm bored so I'll get off the boards now and back to my chicken soup.

-Brent

7. tre_si_san

tre_si_san Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2004
    There were about 200 people from all over there at the tactical paintball compound. The players were divided in half with one half playing the roughnecks the others playing bugs, with one termed the brain bug. It got dark quickly after 8pm but it was a lot of fun. Hopefully the footage will be on Instant Replay sometime when the Spurs are not playing on a Sunday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.