Spiderman model WIP

Discussion in 'Scifi 3D Forum' started by fireresq7, Jul 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Jones Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Just wanted to notice somthing: I won't post this one to scifi3D, and I ask Firesq no to share it. Why? because this is a mesh he bought on turbo squid. For respect from him, who bought it, and the guy who is selling it, it mustn't become publicly available, even if I improve it a bit. This is just a deal we have together: you buy it, you give it to me, and I make it look better. Sorry guys.

I'm slow for several reason: my job, my next semester in US (I move to CA on August 19th) and my website. Yeah I'm working very hard to finish my website before next week. I want to finish my online portfolio before going to US, guess why :D . But don't worry as soon as it's online, I'll go back to spiderman. Unwrapping work, the worst, is done, so it should be easier now. But I haven't opened max for almost two weeks
  2. George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum

VIP
    star 4
    Yea... don't post it.. and maybe don't even tell the author about it. Keep it private. Wouldn't want him hosting Dr.Jone's new version and charging more for it. I'd just keep it amongst yourselves.
  3. Jedi2016 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well, there's also the point that he shouldn't be charging for it in the first place... by selling it, he's in direct violation of Marvel's intellectual property. It would be like us selling Star Wars models on TS or someplace.
  4. fireresq7 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yeah I guess it's one of those things that just slip by that noone notices...But yeah I guess I can't share it with you guys....sorry!!

~Rory
  5. NickDW Jedi Youngling

I think how people get around stuff like that is that he's not selling the "Spider-man Model" but just getting reimbersment for the time and work he spent creating the model.

Just a thought.
  6. Jedi2016 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Doesn't matter. The only reason I think he's getting away with it is because the studios probably don't monitor Turbosquid that closely, since 3D models aren't as big an issue as bootleg films or things like that.
  7. G-Unit Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Thats too bad that you can't share the model. I was hoping that you could share with us. Oh well, win some lose some.
  8. MKane Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ya know, I just caught this thread... If you have a Model thats Unwrapped already, I'll paint on a texture for ya. Shouldnt take more than an hour or two for a spidey model texture. Even with the spec map and bump map for the webbing, its should be a snap. Ill be happy to help with that if ya like.

9. Dr. Jones Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I take care of this.

Sorry to be late. I had many stuff to do. I move to US next thursday, for 5 months. Visa and other stuffs...
    and my website, almost done, [link=http://soletme.free.fr]here[/link]

but here is an update. it's very long, harder than I tought

[image=http://membres.lycos.fr/ouatzefeuk/spidey03.jpg]
    [image=http://membres.lycos.fr/ouatzefeuk/spidey04.jpg]
    [image=http://membres.lycos.fr/ouatzefeuk/spidey05.jpg]
    [image=http://membres.lycos.fr/ouatzefeuk/spidey06.jpg]
  10. fireresq7 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Wow Dr. Jones I am soo excited to this! This looks great! I so wish I can share this with everyone once it's done. There has to be a loop hole! I mean I know I bought it, but could that guy technically sell it anyway? It's like, what's is he gonna do? Tell on us? Then he'll be busted! Besides if you alter the model...isn't technically your work now?

(just a thought)

~Rory

But I love it Dr. Jones!Keep it up!

PS
    Can you maybe make his eye lenes like the film's??
  11. Dr. Jones Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Don't know... If I was trying to sell a meh, and then see someone is giving it for free, just because he made some texture work on it, I would be a bit upset. I'm already mad when I see guys using my models with no credits... Anyway, when I finish it (tomorow probably), I'll alter it a lot to make my own version, more cartoony. Of course I'll keep this curent version for you, don't worry
  12. George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum

VIP
    star 4
    You guys should ask the author. Nobody knows what you are doing privately among yourselves tho. Not that I condone that. Either way I think the proportions are too weird to use it on SCIFI 3D. If the body was fixed up a bit, and the author didn't mind, I could see it on SF3D possibly. I could see him walking down the streets of Mos Eisley.
  13. fireresq7 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    LOL! Yeah Spidey standing next to chewy!LOL

Hey Dr. Jones thanks alot! Can't wait! Now all I have to do is make Spidey look a little more like a realistic character by altering his body shape a little.
    Is that done through the edit mesh mode?

~Rory

EDIT:
    Don't forget Dr.Jones that I am using max 5 not 6!

14. Dr. Jones Jedi Padawan

star 4
    "Don't forget Dr.Jones that I am using max 5 not 6!"

Yeah I know that's a real problem. I think you should definitly swap to max 6, max 7 is already announced
  15. fireresq7 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I will try but I doubt it.
  16. ironhide Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I don't know if this is of any interest to you guys but:

[link=http://spiderman.sonypictures.com/bugle/webisodes/index.php?vs=4]News Wrap[/link]

A behind the scenes on Spiderman 2 FX, apologies if this is old news.
  17. fireresq7 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey Dr. Jones...anything new??

~Rory
  18. fireresq7 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ok ...does anyone know if Dr.Jones is around?It's been a while and he hasn't responded.

~Rory
  19. G-Unit Jedi Padawan

star 4
    must be on vacation.
  20. fireresq7 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Dr. Jones...where are ya?

~Rory
  21. George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum

VIP
    star 4
    He was moving, or starting a new job or something like that. He said he'd be gone for awhile.

I just uploaded a new Spiderman model to the site with a better body than this one.. in case somebody wants to use it for something.
  22. G-Unit Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Thank you, thank you , thank you. Just got it, and it looks awesome. Will definitely be using this in the future.
  23. Crunchy Jedi Padawan

star 4
    He said he wasn't coming back here, and he forgot his password for his username here and that it wasn't worth going thru anything to get it.

I posted a message from Oli about this not too long ago...but zoo removed it. And he has been moved since August.
  24. -OC- Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Yeah that's right, I don't want to take part of this community anymore because I can't enjoy it. I used to but today is different. Sorry Zoo, but you used to be a great guy, today you're acting so selfish that I don't want to be part of scifi 3D any more. CYA

Edit: By the way, Firesq, I stll ahave yoyr mesh, but I didn't have time for any 3d stuffs recentyl? I moved to california, it's a new life for me, compared to france, and I didn't spent much time on my computer (a poor sucking laptop)
  25. G-Unit Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Bye Doc Jones, you will be missed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.