main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spiderman movie night for attendees?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Tobey-Wan, Jan 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    I was just wondering if we were all gonna try to hook up and watch Spiderman while the Celebration is going on. I know this was discussed at some point, but I couldn't find the thread. I think someone suggested trying to rent a theater if possible.

Is this in the works by one of the Indy Knights? If not, could it be (hint, hint Shara)?

Thanks.

2. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    That sounds really cool. Me & my buddy Mark will be gettin ginto town Thursday evening. Maybe there'll be a midnight showing. Everybody would have to wear their SWC2 passes so we can recognize each other. If not Thurday, I know I'd be up for a Friday night showing.

3. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    When it gets a little closer to C2 I'm going to look into if they might have a late showing. They would need to be made aware that there is a huge Sci-Fi/Fantasy related convention right next door anyways. If all else fails, I do know someone who is a General manager at a movie theatre, but it is a bit of a drive.

so yes, Tobey-Wan, I'm going to look into it. Knowing movies theatres (because I used to work at one), they're not going to plan this far ahead of time. I will try, though, in a month or so.

4. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Great. We'll be coming into town Thursday night as well (there will be 2 or 3 others with me) so a midnight showing would be cool. Friday or Saturday would work okay as well for us.

Thanks Shara, I know you're probably really busy along with the other Indy Knights getting prepped for the celebration.

5. Kenneth-Morgan

Kenneth-Morgan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 6, 2000
    Sounds like what happened at the Gateway SF/Fantasy convention in St. Louis in 2000. The convention set up a special showing of "The X-Men".

6. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Well, i highly doubt that WotC/LFL will set up a screening for the C2 attendees. It would be a conflict of interest. I'm sure if the movie theatre knows far enough ahead of time, they'll make sure to have a late show. But I'm sure they would have a late show anyways, just don't know *how* late it would be.

7. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Cool. I was planning on seeing it when I got back, but if there will be a showing of it that many people from the Celebration are going to, I'll go. :)

Great idea Tobey-Wan! :)

8. caliman

caliman Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2000
    Is there a good movie theater nearby the convention center?

9. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    There is a 14-theatre theatre located on the top floor of Circle Centre Mall, which is right next to the convention center. The theatre itself is about a block or two away but it's a nice place.

10. zuckuss1138

zuckuss1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    i would really like to go, convincing my dad to stay that much later is anther story

11. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    I highly doubt I will be thinking about Spider-Man at SWC2.

I will see it some time when I get back home.

12. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I'd rather see Spider-Man on Friday night rather than midnight Thursday night/Friday morning. I plan to come into Indianapolis on Thursday and would rather be well-rested for the start of Celebration. It'll probably be the only night I get a full night's sleep. ;)

Phil

13. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Yeah, thank goodness there is a coffe bar at ICC. I have a feelign they're going to be making a lot of money that weekend.

They better have skim vanilla lattes and white chocolate mochas all ready to go for me!

14. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    White Chocolate Mocha...yummmmm

Yeah, Lots of coffee sounds good for that weekend. I do not want to sleep.

15. Darth_Racer

Darth_Racer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2002
    Screw Spiderman....this convention is about STAR WARS...........you know, STAR WARS...I may see SM on video someday...if I have absolutely nothin' else to do.

16. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    *giggles* You know I'm getting giddy just thinking about C2 and AotC.

I hope the Starbucks at ICC stocks up on white chocoloate! Oh well if they don't, there's two more Starbucks within 4-5 blocks of the place that I'm sure can accomodate MysterySith and I nicely :)

17. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    Anyone know the convention hours?

18. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    I've been living on Starbucks lately, I should cut down and save a few bucks for SWC2 ;)

I keep getting to excited for STAR WARS, I almost start to do the R2 happy bounce.

19. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    I'm as psyched about CII as anyone else, but the convention center closes at like 5:00 PM. Might as well do something constructive during that time like watch Spiderman! If there's something SW related going on in the evenings (Fan Force party, etc.), I'll be there since I can always watch Spidey when I get home.

Maybe this isn't such a big deal for those who didn't grow up watching the Spiderman cartoon on Saturday mornings back in the 80's. All I know is first the X-Men came to the big screen, now Spiderman. Shouldn't a live action GI Joe and Transformers be coming soon?

20. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    It would be a cool idea to go see Spiderman as an event. I agree that LFL or WotC probably would not be in sponsorship of it though. But there should be room parties going on. Anyone heard of any besides the proposed FanForce party?

21. Grand Moff Touch

Grand Moff Touch Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 1999
    Convention hours are from 9AM for FC members and runs until 8PM Fri and Sat.

22. Princess-Leah

Princess-Leah Sketch Card Artist star 5 VIP

Jun 12, 2001
    You know Indianapolis might have the highest attendance for Spiderman in the country. I know everyone wanted to see it back at Comic Con in San Diego.
    I think it's a great idea to get attendees to go en-mass. ;) Another way to get TF.n/Fan Force and Star Wars a little MORE attention!

I too am 'giddy' with excitement! ;)

Leah

23. daHood

daHood Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    A bunch of us from CA will be seeing Spidey, most likely friday night. If we could hook up with other fans, awesome. However, SW must come first. As far as we know, there are no official events that night (like the concert on sat) but if something comes up, Spidey's not a big deal. I do have to stick up for the webhead tho. This is my second most anticipated movie of the year.

24. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    It might kill me but I just may wait until monday afternoon. We will driving back late sunday night so the Boy will not be in school on Monday. We may just hit a 2/3pm showing here in town.

25. CrimsonGuard

CrimsonGuard Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2002
    Sure Ill be there..just wander around the Center and look for a dude with a red Goatee wearin a black Imperial Fighter Pilot uniform.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.