main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Waco, TX Spiderman Rocks!!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by SupaJoe, May 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SupaJoe

SupaJoe Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2002
    Spiderman rocked!! Truly an experience to be had. That's all I'll say for now--enjoy the flick, peoplez!

SupaJoe!

2. LaraCroft1

LaraCroft1 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2001
    I totally agree, I loved it. Saw the Bankstons guys racking up the dough out front with their stand. I hope you all love it. Have a great movie!!

3. BroodMcEto

BroodMcEto Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2002
    spent too much time visiting family last night to go see it. So tonight will be my first view of it.

4. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
  5. Rand_Coyn

Rand_Coyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2001
    I saw it at the 10:25 showing, I liked it, but the "emotional" scenes needed to be sped up or cut.

6. Darth_Mauled

Darth_Mauled Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 16, 2002
    My only question is why was Spiderman fighting the Green Power Ranger?

7. DARTHGOON

DARTHGOON Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2002
    LOL JOHN,that was the funniest thing I have ever heard.ALso was that supposed to be a millitary suit that green goblin was wearing?
    looked more like a futuristic halloween costume.

8. BroodMcEto

Jan 14, 2002
    I thought it was great. Especially the way they combined Spider Man and Spider Man 2099. Cutting the Radioactive spider and changing it to a genetically altered spider was a good move, also the webs (as opposed to him making his webbing) were a nice touch. The CG wasn't too bad. Only twice did it look too fake. When he was jumping the buildings - one jump looked like a cartoon, and when he was fighting the 4 guys attacking MJ. But all in all it was done quite well.

Actually, it must've been damn good, because the movie grossed almost $115 mil this weekend!! Star Wars may have a hard time topping that!

9. Darth_Mauled

Darth_Mauled Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 16, 2002
    I think AOTC can beat Spiderman,even with a four day openning weekend.

10. BroodMcEto

Jan 14, 2002
    Spidey averaged over 38 mil a day.

If EP2 can avg. that much, it'll hit 153 mil...

we'll see.

I look at it this way. There are 4 SW movies out right now, the last was released 3 years ago. Before that, it was 16 years. The most we've had to wait for a SW movie is 16 years. Yeah, that's a long time, but hey, look at Spidey.

Spidey first came to comics in 63. So if you look at that, it's taken almost 40 years for Spidey to hit the screen! So, if EP2 doesn't beat Spidey, then I can accept that. Whereas it had better not be beat by anything else!!!

11. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    But it's Star Wars

12. BroodMcEto

Jan 14, 2002
    But, I was going into Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!

13. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    You know Joe posted that :p

14. Xanatos12

Xanatos12 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 13, 2002
    WHAT THE ****! Toby are you smokin crack EP2 will beat Spidey, no doubt because it's EP2 plain and simple. Not to say Spidey won't do great it might 200million by the time it's done but EP1 made over 300million by the time it was done and no one even liked it.

15. BroodMcEto

Jan 14, 2002
    I'm not talking totals, I'm talking opening weekend.

But I figured it out. They were selling Spidey tickets up to 3 wks in advance, but those tickets didn't cash in until opening day. Unlike EP1, where they sold them a week before, and counted them that week.

So, since they only started selling EP2 on the 3rd, that's less than 3 wks for EP2. I'm sure that EP2 will do well at the box office, and now that I've figured out what they were doing, I bet EP2 does over $150 mil opening weekend.

16. Iwishiwasajedi

Iwishiwasajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    That was just plain boring. Spiderman's action scenes weren't even near as good as I thought they would be. It just sucked. and Parker is such a dork, Padme is WAY hotter then Mary Jane, who for some reason looked like she was high most of the time

On a scale from 1-10, -27

and yes, I'm sure that was a power ranger [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.