main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Spiderman VS AOTC

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by JaZzYjaZZ, Apr 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Hey ppl, what do u guys think of Spiderman?

It'll be released in less than one week, and from what I heard from neutral fans, Spiderman is receiving alot of good buzz, and some have a feeling that it will overshadow AOTC.

Today, outside Heeren, I saw a promotion for Spiderman by DJs Glenn Ong and Jean Danker. Wow! there were maybe 150 to 200 fans lining up for free goodies like the soundtrack. :D

I'm glad that Spiderman has finally made it to the big screen, just hope it won't prevent others from watching AOTC.

2. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Is MIB II gonna get release this year too? Maybe there gonna be a 4 sided movie war this year: Spiderman, AOTC, MIB II & LOTR II. :(

Well, the Spiderman movie may get the same expectations as X-Men, especially the fact that the few cheap movies produced before were quite good, not the same case as X-Men (the X-Generation movie really sucks IMHO and so little character).

I MAY see it on the big screen but only 1 time (X-Men lucky got 2 times :p You know, leh it was so good and got Ray [face_love] )

Heehee, Spiderman can't overshadow AOTC lah! Quite a number of SW Fans (including me?) are NUT CASES and will watch it several times. :p

3. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Haha! Yeah, I think so too!

MIB II is being released on July 3rd, also by Sony, which makes Spiderman. But July is far away and AOTC would have finished its run a long time ago. :D

I watched X-men once and I found it quite entertaining. I'm quite a fan of Superheroes, especially Spiderman (cause I read comics) and I'll probably watch it 2 times. But of course I intend to watch AOTC at least 10 times! 8-}

However, Spiderman is different from X-men. Academy Award quality actors are in it..and a budget almost as big as AOTC (Spiderman about US$100M). And as u can see, there is promotion for Spiderman everywhere around Singapore. Look at AOTC, so poor thing...haha... :D

4. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    I guess also both block buster is coming out almost back to back that's why promoters got to choose which one to publicsize more or first. Also considering that spider man has always been marvel's no. 1 comic super hero with also a cartoon series that spawn from the comic book, i believe the movie is quite highly anticipated up to a certain extend by many fans out there.

Hopefully after a week of spiderman, cinemas will take down the spiderman props and BE ready for "Attack Of The Clones".

5. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Haha yeah they better be ready for a real "Attack" of Clones (SW fans)! :D

6. Darth_Destructo

Darth_Destructo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    Attack of the fellowship of the Spiderman clones in black.
    Like, duh.

7. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Oh dear... Yours truely juz came back from the 2:00pm showing of Spidey at Cineleisure. It's a COOL, COOL, COOL, COOL, COOL, COOL MOVIE!

I think Spiderman really deserves the 4.5 STARS! So cool to see Spidey swinging from one place to another! So touching when his Uncle died... So loving when he and Mary Jane kisses in the rain, and Spidey was hanging upside down! No doubt this will be the most memorable scene this year!

The Green Goblin was truly EVIL! Mad! Crazy! I hoped Count Dooku (Christopher Lee) in Episode II will be as good as him!

The last fight at the Brooklyn Bridge is juz Mind Blowing!

Go watch Spidey this weekend!

8. bed_speling

bed_speling Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2002
    Hmmm...spoilers...

9. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    I have a strong feeling that the tok of the town will be Spiderman... for now!

When 16 May comes, the Clones will come attacking! The next major blockbuster will be in Jun and Jul (Minority Report and MIB II), so Episode II has the whole of May to itself! Shiok!

BTW, do catch Spiderman! It's a really COOL movie!

10. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Wahahaha... I caught Spidey the 2nd time this afternoon, compliments from my campmates...

Hey, why do I see commercials for ScoobyDoo, MIBII, Minority Report... but NO Episode II ads on the big screen???

Can see them on TV, in toyshops, internet, Mediacorp... but none here in Cinemas??

11. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Isn't AOTC Trailers come together with CERTAIN movies on the big screen? :eek:

12. lukedecop

Apr 25, 2002
    i think no more DE the last time i saw it was at Tampines GV about 2 weeks ago. But Orchard Cineplex is sure playing it loud and clear on their Gorilla Screen, even outside also can hear. Not to mention Suntec on their LCD TV all over the place. And of course all the toy departmental stores out there. Star Wars Rulz....:)

13. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I thought Bobafett81 was refering to at the cinema just before the actual movie is shown.

I've seen some of the trailers shown outside the cinema on the big screen quite a number of times. Heehee, wish I can record it down. :p

14. lukedecop

Apr 25, 2002
    sure, u can just go to the main stars wars website and down load it. i kind of prefer the love love trailer not the forth one.

15. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Unfortunately, I can't download from the Official Site. The thing didn't come up so I always went to another Fan Site to do it. But my computer crashed beginning of this year and now I kena disconnected/having problems with my personal account so I haven't redownload all the SW trailers.

:_| :_| I not only got to download the AOTC trailers (in .mpeg and .mov) but also the X-Men and Pokemon and Spiderman and . . . :p

Okay, I'll stop whining now . . :p

16. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Spiderman was cool~ it's a good movie. Do try and catch it!

I think the 4th AOTC trailer was shown only with Time Machine in Singapore, and is not attached to any other movie. If anybody knows otherwise, do let us know

17. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Well, Tobey is paid US$ 22 million for the sequel SPIDERMAN 2! He was paid US $4 Million for this one boy...

18. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    That's quite alot! He's becoming a big star..

19. wan-bo-tak

wan-bo-tak Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    I watched Spider-man on Tuesday and it was an awesome movie!! The cgi could've been better but it was still awesome :D

I plan on seeing it a few more times before AOTC comes out.

20. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I think I might catch Spiderman one more time..2 if really lucky. But saving up for AOTC! :D

I really would like to watch AOTC as many times as possible!

21. DarthSyn

DarthSyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2002
    forget bout spidey...the clones will be runnin all over him in 13 daes!

22. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Yeah..although Spiderman is the big hit at the moment, it will fall on May 16th definitely.. :D

23. bed_speling

bed_speling Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2002
    I watched Spider-Man yesterday, but I found it so-so only lah. I wouldn't bother watching it a second time, the way I did LOTR.

Those scenes where the Green Goblin talked a lot were annoying. It is uncomfortable to hear a verbal torrent issuing from a non-moving green plastic mouth spastically locked in permanent laughter.

The CGI was also not convincing, making Spider-Man as he swings about appear like a flat 2-D shape, lacking in physical form and weight.

The final scene where he deflects Mary Jane's love was done too quickly, a 180-degree about-turn. All through the movie he wanted her, then why all of a sudden at the end of the movie he rejects her ("I'm only a freind")? The movie didn't connect the dots properly enough for the audience to understand how he got from point A (wanting her so much) to point B (not wanting her).

24. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    What Bad_Spelling said has some point. One of my friends (a non spiderman fan) watched it and found it kinda slow. He did the find the special effects quite remarkable, but I feel some parts didn't look real.

I wasn't really happy with the way the movie is different from the comics..like the organic webshooters and MJ being the cause of the goblin's death instead of Gwen Stacy.

I also wouldn't mind watching it one more time, if I have the chance. :)

25. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    I haven't watched the movie, neither have I read the comics, ( [face_blush]) but I prefer the web catridges to the organic ones...having to use technology instead of another 'power' makes him less of a 'perfect' superhero.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.