main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Spiderman VS AOTC

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by JaZzYjaZZ, Apr 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    I juz love the upside down kissing scene in the rain... so ROMANTIC...

2. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Yeah..and the fact that web cartridges can be depleted! In the movie he seems to shoot as much as he wants..

3. wan-bo-tak

wan-bo-tak Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    Spider-Man could've been better and quite frankly, I thought LOTR was crap [face_plain]

4. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Haha LOTR was fine with me, but I didn't become an enormous fan after watching it..not like others~

5. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    LOTR was quite okay, but I haven't read the books. I heard that some people are quite irritated that Peter Jackson didn't put in some stuff and Tom Bombadil (sp?), whoever he is...

6. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I have the books but haven't read them yet~ (can u believe it!) :D

7. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Just for everyone's info, Spiderman took in US$114m in 3 days...breaking a whole lot of records. Phew!

8. bed_speling

bed_speling Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2002
    Yeah, Spider-Man will rule the box office for 2 weeks, and then things will change come May 16th...

And don't forget the effects of inflation. 41mil today was like 36 mil(?) 3 years ago, because tickets prices have steadily risen. Of course, Spidey's BO performance is still fantastic.

9. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Yeah u could say it's 'titanic'. I wonder if it'd ever make it to the number one..They would have to beat AOTC first though :D

10. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    DESTROY SPIDERMAN'S BOX OFFICE TAKE, WE MUST!

RALLY ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILIES TO WATCH EPISODE II IN CINEMAS, YOU MUST!

"Down came the clones and wash the Spider out!!!!!" :)

Cheers!

11. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    [face_laugh] A classmate of mine has watched Spiderman and said that the upside-down-kissing-in-the-rain scene was funny because while they were smooching, rain went down the guy's nose... [face_laugh]

12. bed_speling

bed_speling Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2002
  13. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    JediClare - Really? Haha I didn't notice that..

I kinda agree with Bobafett, I feel that we can't just let AOTC be overshadowed by Spiderman. It's been receiving alot of good reviews but box-office wise I would like AOTC to be tops. :D

14. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Found this little bit of a review for AOTC from JoBlo.com: Mild Spoilers Ahead..

I'm not a film critic by any stretch of the imagination - that's what JoBlo is here for. But after seeing ATTACK OF THE CLONES last night I feel obligated as a movie fan to spread the word: EPISODE 2 is the real deal. I was lucky enough to be invited to a screening last night (Tuesday) at New York's Ziegfeld Theater. Prior to yesterday, the Spidey/Jedi debate was a pretty easy one - Spidey all the way. Never thought twice about it. You may know by now that I'm not a complete STAR WARS fanatic. I haven't seen THE PHANTOM MENACE since the Saturday after it opened in theaters and while I'm a fan of the original trilogy, I don't obsess over it. So while I was looking forward to seeing AOTC, I wasn't losing sleep over it. I am however a big comic-book geek. I've been reading comics since as far back as I can remember, especially SPIDER-MAN. I have a SPIDER-MAN coffee table book. There's a stuffed SPIDER-MAN sitting on my computer. On my wall next to my desk hangs a copy of the recalled SPIDER-MAN teaser poster. I was literally giddy with anticipation over seeing SPIDER-MAN on a big ass screen in New York. But now that all is said and done, I've seen both films and the dust has cleared, I can easily say that I AOTC has SPIDER-MAN beat. As a diehard fan of the webhead that's hard to come to grips with, but it's true.

To sum it up somewhat quickly, STAR WARS was just more fun. One of my major reservations about SPIDER-MAN (which don't get me wrong, I enjoyed thoroughly) was the lack of a defining moment. Never once did I ever have a surge of adrenalin and the urge to pump my fist and laugh gleefully. BATMAN had that moment when the Batwing flew across the sky and stopped briefly in front of a full moon creating the image of the Bat symbol. AOTC had tons of those moments. I won't spoil anything for anyone but they revolved around Mace Windu, the Jedi BRAVEHEART-esque battle seen at the end of the trailer and Yoda. I don't remember who said this but it's true - the Yoda/Dooku showdown is worth the price of admission alone.

If you're still unsure, consider I saw the movie at an all-media screening. These people weren't die-hard fans waiting in line since February. These were editors, critics, writers and such there because of their jobs. These were people going nuts with excitement during the film's final act. Clapping, cheering, laughing in all the right places. I saw SPIDER-MAN at a packed screening filled with fans and it never got half as rowdy as the STAR WARS media screening. I could explain more but then I'd be getting into a full-fledged review. Just wanted to quickly share my thoughts on one of the coolest movie-going experiences I've had in a long time. STAR WARS is a fun, fun, FUN movie. It's what THE PHANTOM MENACE should've been. It's what you've been waiting for. And to use that tired, old critic cliche, if you see one movie this summer, see ATTACK OF THE CLONES.

Alright! :D We're gonna experience it soon..

15. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    ::Cheers:: :D

16. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    JoBlo.com was right. ;)

I just watched Spider-Man today. I was looking out for the rain-down-the-nose part ( :p) but I thought MJ only pulled down the mask and stopped at his nose. His nose was covered by the mask...

17. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    You just watched Spiderman? Have u been hiding under a jedi costume all this time... :D

18. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    School-going Jedi are busy people. ;) :D

19. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Thanks for speaking up for me ;)

20. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Die TIME Die!

How dare you have SPIDERMAN on your cover when this week is STAR WARS premiere week???

Jango, finish TIME magazine off!

21. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I too was kinda surprised that they would feature Spiderman on their cover when it premiered 2 weeks ago. Spiderman cover following Yoda cover somemore. tsk tsk

22. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Sorry people, I am just not a Spiderman fan, so in my opinion, AOTC rulz all the way!!

Guess what??
    I still have not seen the Spiderman movie, and I have no intention of ever doing so, unless I didn't have to pay to watch it.

I guess that says a lot about where my loyalties lie - haha! :p

23. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Wow, JediJean, I'm impressed. Alot of people would just go and watch it at least once, which is why it's doing so well in the BO. I'm a Spiderman fan but watched it once only because I didn't really like the movie adaption.

Btw, I also didn't watch Titanic on the big screen... :D

24. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    I didn't too for Titanic cause want to avoid all those girls crying for the upteen time everytime "Jack" died.

Maybe I'll watch Spiderman near the end of its run.
    (MINI MAUL: Don't believe Mistress. She always promise to bring me see all the good movies but she didn't cause always broke. DE: Why you . . . . !)

25. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    I didn't watch Titanic in a cinema either. I was too young then. Wasn't interested in anything with the slightest bit of a love story, no matter how hyped up it was. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.