main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Spiderman!!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rogue_Thunder, Apr 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    Luckily, St.Paul doesn't (for what I know) sell tickets in advance. But I already have my plan for when I see Spidey 3 today. If it is sold out, I plan on buying a ticket for another movie. I then enter the room Spider-Man is showing on. :cool: Nobody is going to tap me and ask if I have the right theatre LOL, they won't know. :p :D

2. whisperjedi

whisperjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    now, why didn't i think of that?

3. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    LOL!

I saw it this afternoon, and I thought it was great! I won't spoil it, but I have to say the final fight scene of the movie is incredible, and rivals many other films for best fight scene IMO. I will post a little bit of my thoughts later.

4. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    more people coming to edmonton

I'm goining paintballing at wem on sunday and might see it after that

5. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    *Spoilers*

*Spoilers*

*Spoilers*

What I didn't like:

(1) Dancing Spidey, they were trying to show what an airhead Peter was with the Symbiote in him. I think they could have spent a few seconds on the dancing, and then other things like maybe getting mad at Dr.Connors or other students, pushing people to get on a city bus, stuff like that. When he is dancing, it is like "What, Symbiotes make you want to dance?".
    (2) The main titles music and the breakdown of the two past films. Showing photos of the characters would have been efficent. The main titles were almost to complicated.
    (3) No swining Spidey at the end of the movie.

What I did like:

(1) Peter swining from the Empire State Building shooting web balls at Harry. That was really cool.
    (2) The evil look Peter had with the Symbiote in him.
    (3) JJJ was at his best.
    (4) Harry's Goblin suit. At first I was dissapointed with it, but it kinda "grew" on me through the movie. The sword was great, and I actually liked the "Sky Stick".
    (5) Spider-Man riding the armored truck door down the street.
    (6) Venom's screaming noise, that was cool. I thought Venom was cool!
    (7) The final fight scene was aweomse, with Sandman attacking the armored vehicles and Venom attacking the SWAT team. Then Spidey comes shooting in, only to be rescued by his best friend Harry. Oooo, I got all goosebumps when Spidey came and also when Harry saved him!

I read many reviews and never again will I believe what people say about movies online, it was an awesome movie! Overall, I give it an 8.5/10!

6. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Spoilers....

Yeah I'll agree therre were some things I liked.............but sadly much I didn't. I really had high hopes for Venom who was not done to the standard it could have been or played the right way.

An enjoyable popcorn movie but yes it lacked soem luster the first two had.

Dancing.........stop it.

Swinging Spidy not being at the end would be like doing a Superman Movie without having Chris or Brandon fly over the planet with the theme and look into the camera and smile.

Gives you the 'your safe' feeling

A fun time out.....not worth the hype or wait though

Bruce Campbell is still a Gem in the show.

7. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    The dancing was to much. They should have had him doing other obnoxious things. I believe we will see Venom again. My prediction:

*Spoiler*

The Symbiote sample Dr.Connors has escapes and Symbiotes are attracted to its host. It locates the building where Eddie Brock was killed.Symbiotes can re-generate things for a single strand of DNA. At the building, the Symbiote finds a tiny bit of Brock's DNA. From that, Venom is reborn.

8. whisperjedi

Apr 19, 2005
    I saw Spiderman 3 @ WEM. Mannnn...did it not entirely suck. As a point with Spider-man, I didn't get the opportunity 2 see a midnight showing in IMAX. Which would have been a audience enthusautic experience. Instead, I found the movie to be enjoyable--not as good as Spider-Man or the vastly superior sequel. But not a dreadful muck. This script was written by most of the different collaborators--Sam Rami&Alvin Sergent,(Alfred Gough-Smallville, & missing Michael Chabon (Pulitizer Award Winner)Spidey 2, and when Alex Ross's initial montage was missing in the opening credits, I thought that's too bad, (like when I saw Jon Peters name in Superman Returns opening credits, I lost some confidence...well actually a lot). But I thought:

The movie was a bit convoluted...too many things going on @ once. It would have been much better if they had broken the movie into 2 parts, and perhaps ended this one in a cliff-hanger?

The "disco" took a step too far, but then again, Spidey 2's "Rain-drops Keep Falling On My Head" sequence, was similar. In 3. it just went over a bit.

2-1/2 hours? Was a bit too long, could have taken off 40 mins, @ Best. Spiderman 3 needed a good editor.

It wasn't entirely bad, and I'd pay 2 see it again in a normal perspective theatre not Stadium seating or Imax, (probably Eau Claire theatre).

**1/2 of *****

9. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    It all depends of you go just weanting a popcorn movie it's good if you know anything about the comics and soem of the backstories..not so much. LOL george lucas even said it was a silly movie

10. whisperjedi

Apr 19, 2005
    George Lucas said, Spider-man 3,"It's a silly movie". That's like calling the kettle black. Cause' I've heard in interviews that's what he called his own movies. Oh well, yeah, granted Spidey 3, could B a popcorn feature, though, I didn't consider this until now. I have 2 minds about it. I am a purist,& I totally understand, where they r' coming from, as a summer movie going experience, that's what U get. If it was a fall release-different story. I think, if I saw @ midnight showing, I still would have liked it.

11. whisperjedi

Apr 19, 2005
    So many plot strands piled up that @ one point, the story (Spider-man 3) broke into 2 films that might have been made back 2 back as parts 3 & 4...a game plan that collapsed when nobody could find a satisfying intermediate climax.

-May edition, Entertainment Weekly.(P.33).

"I had a idea for the fourth Spiderman..to do it low budget. Do the special effects kind of janky, like Evil DEad style. Mary Jane gets pregnant and has, like, 8 babies..like a spider would. The movie would be kind like Rosemary's Baby. You'd lose some of your kid audience , but you'd get this whole other one.

---Kristen Dunst

12. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    LOL! Best thing the could do for the franchise! [face_devil] I know, I know, don't diss movie you haven't seen... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.