Spiderman

Discussion in 'Dallas/Ft.Worth, TX' started by jwa1107, Apr 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwa1107 Jedi Padawan

is Celebration II just a big gimmick to lower the opening weekend take for Spiderman?
    Now, I am not saying that C2 is not worthwhile (as it is definitely an event the fans want and will attend). I only posit that it was scheduled with Spiderman in mind. If you know otherwise I am more than willing to accept any proof that it is just a "beneficial side effect" of conflicting weekend schedules...
  2. Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator

star 5
    Welcome, jwa!

Not sure. I think the C2 dates were established before Spider-Man's release date was announced, though...

3. krwade3 Jedi Knight

star 2
    The again Spiderman could be using the C2 Group to boost its ratings and profits. Since some of these people wouldnt be going out that night or hadnt planned on going to the movies. Now C2 will be done at a fairly early time they can go to Spiderman afterwards....
  4. Kurgan1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm pretty sure C2 was announced way before they settled on a release date for Spider-Man. And that's kind of ridiculous to think 30-40,000 fans at most will even be a pinprick compared the money Spider-Man is going to pull in this weekend.
  5. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Knight

star 2
    Personally, I think That Spider-Man's release date is just a way to properly bring attention to that date being the start of the official 60-Day Countdown To My Birthday.

Then again, I work nights, so Lord only knows how my brain processes things.
  6. krwade3 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Lets say that these 30,000 (We will take the low number) Are Potential movie goers. And lets say for safety sake that they will spend at least 10 dollars a piece. that is over a quarter mil :eek: . Dont know about you but I wouldnt want to miss that no matter how much I have made....
  7. Kurgan1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    When you're talking about a possible 70 million opening, it's chump change. And that's supposing that all 30k wanted to see it this weekend (and they still can, of course, even in Indy).

But hey, if the S-M people were worried, they always could have put the movie out earlier or later. Personally, I would have put it out in early April so it would have very little competition until Episode II.

Now, they have less than two weeks to make the majority of their money before Ep. II.

But my point is that the S-M people had plenty of advance warning about C2, and if they were worried about it, they've had almost a year to settle on a release date that didn't coincide with it.
  8. krwade3 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Take away 2 Zeros and you have what? A man and his salery for a year. Ask him if 300 bucks is chump Change... No I dont think so. in the grand sceme of things you are right about one thing they should have released it much sooner so they wouldnt have to compete with another big Summer hit. Filming has been done for at least half a year. What were they thinking..........
  9. super_hyper_melanie Jedi Knight

star 1
    nice Obi_Bamm_Karaoke...spiderman is the 5-day countdown to my birthday...though i don't know if i'll get to see it opening night like i want to becuase i'm low on funds and have a banquet i have to go to that's gonna be till 9:30
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.