main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spiderman

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Antigone_Maroon, Jun 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antigone_Maroon

Antigone_Maroon Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    I saw it yesterday and I have to say that it was very, very good (even though Toby McGuire does look incredibly like Adam in my art class). I found myself crying at several points and went throughout the whole film without feeling a tinge of boredom. Both Toby McGuire Kirsten Dunst performed brilliantly even though they did participate in some kinky upside down kissing. And of course the action scenes were amazingly choreographed and totally kept me on the edge of my seat.

What did everyone else think? If anyone else has seen it yet that is?

2. Ismene-Resin

Ismene-Resin Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2002
    Such a well... brilliant film!! I have to admit the kissing upside down strange bit could have been one of those cliche film moments but it ended up looking strange. I thought it was really good though but they could have easily made it a PG if they had just edited some small bits out...

3. Antigone_Maroon

May 27, 2002
    Yep

Edit to say-

You're being a very brave little bunny by the way today.

(Arg now I feel like Sah)

4. Ismene-Resin

Jun 6, 2002
    There is however, one big question of where the spangly lycra costume came from???

5. Antigone_Maroon

May 27, 2002
    Yep! I'm afraid to say that that actually really annoyed me.

YES! I admit it I am a big Jenny-like nit-picking scary person!

6. Yin-Jun

Yin-Jun Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2002
    I thought it was a good film, the action was cool, but it's got more loop and plot holes than a sieve (a house tool for draining stuff) it just all happened so quickly, and from being a geek he was some super-hero, and being able to fight and do all this and that, ignore the story and that side of things, and concentrate on the scene's where you see him in action, and you can say it is a good film, but it'll never be better than AOTC in my opinion!

7. Ismene-Resin

Jun 6, 2002
    I don't think it can really be compared to AOTC because they are two completely different films. Um... am I the only one who came out of the cinema really not questioning it and not noticing that there were plot holes?? I didn't notice anything until other people pointed them out...

8. Yin-Jun

Yin-Jun Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2002
    I honestly dont know, but be happy you didn't find anything wrong with it, and you enjoyed it alot, and didn't notice the so called "plot/loop holes" of the movie, I really did enjoy it.. and thought it was really good, but all the hype from american and stuff, I was expecting ALOT MORE, and a really "AWESOME" movie, but all I thought and got was "GOOD, with some suttle mistakes" but there we go, I aint an expert.. just my opinion, people cant judge LOTR or Spiderman to StarWars, but I'm going to, considering there all different type's of movies, but I'm probably biased, but i'll always say, Star Wars collectively, as a cult series, and as graphics, and as action, and as story line goes, it'll always be better than Spiderman and LOTR in my opinion. :)

9. Antigone_Maroon

May 27, 2002
    No see I really liked the story line. It did seem to happen rather quickly but I found that I still managed to connect with Peter Parker and empathize with him in the right moments even though the whole superpowers thing was moving so fast. As for comparing it with Ep2 I like such a wide range of film I try not to let my mind mix them. In my opinion each of them are great in their own right.

I didn't really notice any plot whole either??. well apart from the suit.

10. Ismene-Resin

Jun 6, 2002
    I think its because I never have any expectations of films! I thought the story line was good because it happened over a long period of time which made the sucession of his different powers more believable and seem like they were happeneing slower than what they would have if it was all in the time of say a couple of weeks.

Confusion!

11. Antigone_Maroon

May 27, 2002
    I'm confused but I know what you mean.

So do you think that shops will start stocking blue and red lyric tights for men like they did with all the corsets for Moulin Rouge and the Gypsy tops for LOTR for women?

12. Ismene-Resin

Jun 6, 2002
    I hope so

13. Antigone_Maroon

May 27, 2002
    Hehehe it would certainly spice up Topman's current range.

14. Ismene-Resin

Jun 6, 2002
    Next they'll have trousers with red underpants sewn onto them...

15. Antigone_Maroon

May 27, 2002
    Well I'd buy them.

16. Ismene-Resin

Jun 6, 2002
    Only if they came with the cape.....

17. Antigone_Maroon

May 27, 2002
  18. Antigone_Maroon

May 27, 2002
    Wow! With all that talk about capes and underpants my head doesn't hurt anymore.

19. Antigone_Maroon

May 27, 2002
  20. Ismene-Resin

Jun 6, 2002
    Hello! Its good how capes can have funny effects on people...

21. Antigone_Maroon

May 27, 2002
  22. Antigone_Maroon

May 27, 2002
    Why does this happen to me with almost everything I see? Okay after seeing LOTR I started trying to curl my hair like a Hobbit, after X-men I disparately wanted a white streak in my hair like Rogue, I've ALWAYS wanted Leia hair anyway so that doesn't really count, I after getting slightly too obsessed with the original Charlie's Angels I wanted cheesy 70s flicky hair and now after seeing Spiderman I want flame red Mary Jane hair. Drat! Will this scary hair obsession never end?

23. Terra

Terra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    My ex looks like Mary Jane :(

24. Antigone_Maroon

May 27, 2002
    "There is a future,
    You must cope with that,
    There is a present,
    We all must cope with that.
    There are so many things to do