main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spiderman's Time

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by G-Unit, Jul 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-Unit

G-Unit Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2004
    For all the Spidey fans out there I want to ask where are all the Spiderman fanfilms? I think its time that he got more attention than Batman, who has had enough fiulms done about him. Spidey has real issues and stuggles with just being normal. I think its about time a fanfilm was made. What are your opinions?

2. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    The last one that was made had a "Cease and Desist" order sent to them and had to be pulled off the internet. Making another one would probably be just a waste of time since it could not be distributed online.

M. Scott

3. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Dan Pooles is still availible to watch far as I know...

4. G-Unit

May 23, 2004
    yeah but where can it be downloaded?

5. TuxedoTom

TuxedoTom Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2004
    Theres another around but I don't want to be supportive of it as the person who made it just wants to make money from it. Perhaps it was his fault that all got taken off the net?

6. 1337mik3

1337mik3 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2004
    im working on a spiderman fan film.. as all of u know

Click here

7. fireresq7

fireresq7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    I have already ordered my custom costume of spiderman for halloween from the main man!clickie

So if everything falls into place I would probably do one when I'm finished with my other projects. If I do make a film it will probably be a different version, meaning I will not play Peter Parker or live in New York (for obviously reasons) Maybe I'll just play it out like if it was a totally different story!
    I am a fireman and I do have the resources to create a new scenerio to how I become spiderman!

Maybe I can do a scene where we respond to a (supposedly okay!) bombing in the downtown area and during the aftermath , we are savalging the site (which will be radioactive duh!)when a spider hops a rides on my neck of my firefighter gear(which is considered a level B suit protection!)
    And then the story can go from there!
    And maybe the story can take place in the real world, meaning that we all know spiderman is a comic book character and the movies really exist and our main character becomes and calls himself spiderman only because of the hype of the comic book character and his similarites to him.

(Maybe show the main character buying the suit online telling everyone it's for halloween!)

~Rory

8. G-Unit

May 23, 2004
    actually believe it or not i had the craziest idea for Spidey. don't do an origin story but have Spidey be chasing a villian (my idea was Electro for costume purposes) and have him some how open up a dimensional gateway. Spidey goes after him through the portal only to wind up in ......(drum roll)

THE STAR WARS universe!!!

It would be the perfect combination and Spidey would have to team up with a Jedi to keep the villain from destroying the galaxy we know and love.

What do you guys think??

Alright call me crazy but i think it would be something to definitely see.

9. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    Ok I'll call you crazy!

So cool to do. But I don't know how the boys here will react to that.

~Rory

10. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    I'll tell you how we'll react .... DON'T DO IT !!!
    That's just a weeee bit too much "crossing the line," if you ask me.

And as for fireresq7's post above where he wants to completely change the origin story of Spiderman .... ummm, well .... that would be a bit like changing the origin story for established icons such as Superman, Batman or even Darth Vader. ;) I just don't think it would bowl over all that well with the general FanFilm audience population. (But that's just my personal opinion).

I AM very anxious to see your Spiderman outfit, fireresq7, when you receive it
    (Hopefully in time for Halloween ... I've been hearing it is taking him in excess of four moths to make and ship out).

JediTAC

11. G-Unit

May 23, 2004
    Thanks, I would call myself crazy too. LOL!! but i think that it would be a fanfilm to see. hey if Superman and Batman can team up why not
    Spidey and a Jedi? This was just an idea for kicks so don't take it too seriously.

12. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    yeah Spidey can swing around Coruscant and get hit by every speeder in his way!

that would be a bit like changing the origin story for established icons such as Superman, Batman or even Darth Vader.
    Well unless Spiderman lives in Miami then fine I'll call myself Peter Parker. Besides The movies changed alot on how he became spiderman too! Also the new Cat woman (I know it's gonna suck okay!) is not really the actual character from the comic book but someone else that goes through a similar ordeal.

I AM very anxious to see your Spiderman outfit, fireresq7, when you receive it.(Hopefully in time for Halloween ... I've been hearing it is taking him in excess of four moths to make and ship out).

I am too, just gotta lose a little around the waist!!!LOL He told me mine would be ready for halloween. He's doing me a favor since we are both on the same team(He's a cop,so you know... cops,firemen lol)

~Rory

13. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    I can imagine a neat scene where Marvel's attorney shows up with a Cease&Desist order for infringement of copyright and gets webbed to a wall or some such.

S-M teamed up with Jedi...
    Well, Marvel had an issue of TransFormers with Spiderman in it (#3) and a character from TF made it into SecretWarsII (the ultimate in gratuitous Marvel Crossover series). And there there were the TransFormers vs GIJoe comics...
    To eh, it isn't my favorite idea, but I've seen worse, both in print and onscreen. VanHelsing and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen both come to mind.

14. G-Unit

May 23, 2004
    come to think of it that would be a good blooper of a Coruscant pan scene and out of no where Spidey swings in and gets hit by a speeder. That would fit in perfect when Obi-Wan is hanging on for dear life in AOTC.

15. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    bloper? you mean easter egg?

kinda like spotting ET in TPM

~Rory

16. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    here is a linkt o the only spiderman fanfilm I found
    Just FYI
    Spiderman fanfilm

~Rory

17. Puzzler2000

Puzzler2000 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 8, 2002
    Interesting superhero origin, Fire, but it's definetly not Spider-man. I wouldn't scrap the idea already though. With some tweaking, you could make that origin work for an original hero. Imagine if the fire was at the sit of a lab accident, and ou had to race in to an area of heavy radiation which changes you. I dunno. But still, that's a cool idea of a real life hero (firefighter) becoming a super powered one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.