main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Spidey 3

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Darth_Corro, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Corro

Darth_Corro Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2006
    Some Topher Grace production shots of Venom in various stages. Check 'em out before they're gone!

2. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    WICKED!!!!

3. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    Oh, that's gorgeous! in a way that only Venom could be...:p

4. LordFuron

LordFuron Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2007
    Wow! Those are wicked!!! I did picture Venom a little more buff but they made him look very sinister. Nice find!

5. whisperjedi

whisperjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    To All Spider-Man Fans, There will be a Spider-Man(2.1)DVD release b4 the new release in theatres....with 8 mins of new footage.

That's all for now, folks!

6. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    Was the classic black Spidey suit almost used? Take a look at this pic and ask yourself, is it a fake or is it legit?
    [image=http://farm1.static.flickr.com/183/473710348_b117215954.jpg]

I have been reading about Spider-Man 3 in the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly, and there is some interesting things. If there is a SM4, Sam Raimi might not direct it, and if he doesn't Toby Maguire and Kisten Dunst probably won't return as Peter and Mary Jane. That won't go over well, and the SM films will be doomed.

Also, if SM4 happens, it sounds like "The Vuluture" will be added for Spidey's new villian. I hope they switch The Vuluture for Carnage.

7. winbrant

winbrant Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    Haven't seen the movie but check out this review...

http://cowbelltech.blogspot.com/2007/05/george-lucas-disses-spiderman-3.html

I've heard good and bad. Mostly in that there was too much and stuff was a little bit spread out. But, that there was a "story".

8. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    George Lucas has seen the Star Wars prequals, hasn't he? :p

I loved Spider-Man 3, I only like #1 better than it.

9. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    George hit the nail on the head with spidey 3 it was a hugh downer too much going on in this movie Rami did care because he's not coming back if they do a 4th.

10. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    I hate to say it.......but Spidey was a let down. As much as I wanted to love it, I don't. Special F/X were killer - but the rest of the movie was simply ho-hum. Loved the dance sequence - it's so funny!

11. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Yeah, but hasn't he been saying that since the first one?

12. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    What I didn't like:

(1) Dancing Spidey, they were trying to show what an airhead Peter was with the Symbiote in him. I think they could have spent a few seconds on the dancing, and then other things like maybe getting mad at Dr.Connors or other students, pushing people to get on a city bus, stuff like that. When he is dancing, it is like "What, Symbiotes make you want to dance?".
    (2) The main titles music and the breakdown of the two past films. Showing photos of the characters would have been efficent. The main titles were almost to complicated.
    (3) No swining Spidey at the end of the movie.

What I did like:

(1) Peter swining from the Empire State Building shooting web balls at Harry. That was really cool.
    (2) The evil look Peter had with the Symbiote in him.
    (3) JJJ was at his best.
    (4) Harry's Goblin suit. At first I was dissapointed with it, but it kinda "grew" on me through the movie. The sword was great, and I actually liked the "Sky Stick".
    (5) Spider-Man riding the armored truck door down the street.
    (6) Venom's screaming noise, that was cool. I thought Venom was cool!
    (7) The final fight scene was aweomse, with Sandman attacking the armored vehicles and Venom attacking the SWAT team. Then Spidey comes shooting in, only to be rescued by his best friend Harry. Oooo, I got all goosebumps when Spidey came and also when Harry saved him!

13. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Saw Spiderman 3 at the IMAX on Saturday night (2nd time for me, first for the hubby). Gotta say....I've changed my mind. I really, really enjoyed it more the second time around. Perhaps because I already knew what was going to happen and had no preconceived notions. It worked a lot better for me, flowed better. I think it deserves a second look........

14. whisperjedi

whisperjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
  15. Darth_Corro

Darth_Corro Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2006
    What bugged me:

"Oh yeah, Harry...when I cleaned your father's wounds...yadda yadda. Why didn't I tell you in the last movie woulda saved you a lot of hassle and that ugly scar on your face..."

I loved the action sequences of course and Venom was brilliant. I liked the casting of the villians in this one too. I never did like movie adaptations of comics til I saw X-men and Spiderman. Now I really hope that Hulk is better this time around. It was by far my least favorite Marvel movie.

16. Griffin_Firetail

Griffin_Firetail Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2007
    from what ive heard and seen this one looks like its a twister from the previous two spidey films im still looking forward to seeing it... but im not gonna rush out and see it tomorrow.

17. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Spider-Man 3 is:

[image=http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/8854/sogoodqq31sc6px8ai5.gif]

18. Nythaka

Nythaka Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2007
    I enjoyed it but I didn't really feel that I enjoyed it until a couple days later. Truth is Spidey 3 suffers only because of how good 2 was. After 2 the expectations were so high that there is no way it can live up to what the audience expects. I felt the same way about X-men 3 actually, and had a similar feeling after watching it.

I'm heading out to see it again tomorrow with a couple friends, and I now expect, knowing it from the first time, that I'm going to really enjoy it so much more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.