main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Spidey Senses (Opening/Last Line Challenge Response) [L/M Humor]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Briannakin , Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Title: Spidey Senses
    Author: Briannakin
    Timeframe: 23 ABY
    Characters: Luke and Mara,
    Genre: Humor, Mush, Response
    Summary: Mara finds out how sheltered Luke's childhood really was, Luke finds out that Mara was a nerd.
    Notes: My response to the Opening/Last Line Challenge. I was told that I was allowed to leave out the ?I'm Spider-Man? part of the quote I got, but I wanted to write some humor, so I left it on.

23. "Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words: 'With great power comes great responsibility.' This is my gift. My curse. Who am I? I'm Spider-Man." Spider-Man (2002)

?... When I took my father's mask off and stared into his eyes, I knew my life was never going to be easy again. Now, I said that my transformation from a farm kid into a Jedi Master began when Darth Vader cut my hand off. This is where the transformation ended. When I watched my father die, I realized that I had a great responsibility, like my father. Even though most people saw him as an evil man, he still gave his life to save me and the galaxy from the Emperor. It occurred to me that, with the powers that I had, I would have to give my life to the galaxy. Maybe not the same way Anakin Skywalker did, but I did have a huge responsibility.

?I didn't realize how big that responsibility would be until the Emperor returned in his clone body and enticed me to join him. I joined him in hopes of destroying him and the Dark Side from the inside, but I was wrong and soon got wrapped up in darkness. My sister, thank the Force, was able to bring me back to the light, but if she hadn't, there is no doubt the galaxy would be in shambles. The night after she brought me back from the dept, I laid awake in my bed for many hours. This was when my responsibility really sunk deep. I finally realized how large my burden really was, as you all will realize one day.

And that?s as far as I got. Its done, I just need a few last words that will stick with them because we both know that is all that they will remember,? Luke said as he tapped his pencil against his pad of flimsy. He sat on his bed, trying to finish his speech he would give the newest graduates of the Jedi Academy in a few days.

Mara stood on the other side of the bed, folding laundry. ?How about: 'And always remember to help your wife do laundry or else she will cut off your other arm'. Here,? she said, throwing him some of his socks. ?Put these away.?

He followed her orders. ?Were you even paying attention??

She nodded. ?About as much as a teen would,? she said as she folded a tunic. ?After you came back from the dark side, I thought you spent your first night crying your eyes out because you thought you were a failure.?

?Who told you that??

?Leia. She said Han was tempted to contact me and ask me to come for a booty call for you.?

?I wish he had. I would have accepted it,? Luke muttered. ?That was a rough night.?

?Me too. Your amazing when you're depressed.?

?Mara!? Luke was shocked that his wife would say something like that.

?What? You are. Then again, your amazing anytime.?

?Can you please help me finish this??

?Fine. Put my underwear in my drawer,? she said as she threw him a pile of undergarments. ?What about: 'Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words: 'With great power comes great responsibility.' This is my gift. My curse. Who am I? I'm Spider-Man,'? She said sarcastically.

?Something like that could work. But who is this Spider-Man??

?Your kidding me, right? You don't know where that quote is from and who said it??

Luke shook his head.

?You know. The Amazing Spider-Man. The Sunday morning holonet classic. Peret Perar gets bit by a mystic Eberon spider and develops powers to save the citizens of Coruscant. Come on. Even I watched it, and at that time I was being trained as a Emperor's hand.?

?We rarely got holonet reception on Tatooine. And the odd times that we did, we only got once channel: Holonet News,? Luke explained.

?Wow. You were sheltered. What about comics? I grew up on comic books. Did you ever read Ha

2. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    Ah hahahahahahahahahah!!!!!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That was amazing!!! I think my husband and I had about the same conversation when I told him about my love of star wars and that *gasp* I was one of those nerdy people who wrote fanfiction! But he's obsessed with that animae stuff, so we're even :D

So funny...and its strange, but I can TOTALLY see it too! Though, I would have expected Luke to have a bit more of an idea of who our favorite heroes were, but thats okay, Farmboy is allowed to be ignorant in a couple things...that's why we love him so much. [face_love]

Great job!!! I particularly liked the ending, how Luke's so lost! And also your re-naming of our comic book heroes was priceless!

Huggles,
    [face_good_luck] Irish

3. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Thanks, I needed that laugh ... ;)

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh yay!!!! Another wonderful L'/M comedic author [face_dancing] [face_laugh]

Great use of the quote too. :D

5. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    ?Leia. She said Han was tempted to contact me and ask me to come for a booty call for you.?

?I wish he had. I would have accepted it,? Luke muttered. ?That was a rough night.?

?Me too. Your amazing when you're depressed.?
    I just spit out my water. That's hilarious. [face_laugh]

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] That was great.

6. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    ?You are way more annoying in real life.?

HA!!!

My husband is always amazed at how nerdy I am. I tell him that if he hadn't married a nerd, he'd be completely bored. :)

7. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    This was great fun!! =D=

But, yet...somehow, I still can't see Mara in her teens reading the comics, wearing horn-rimmed glasses, multiple pens coming out of the pocket protector, [enter your own "nerd" cliche HERE]. :-B

Funny thing is, I didn't get into the comics (nee, graphic novels) until I was an adult. Does that make me a born again nerd?

OMG...this is my 1300th post!

8. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Oh my that was great!!!

Especially how sheltered Luke was!

[face_laugh] Oh the names of the comics...just Star Wars style! I think I just got nerdier!

My entire work force knows how much of a nerd I am...and I am proud of it!

9. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    I liked this a lot! :D I read comics as a child, and ironically, it was SW that got me into them, cause the first comic I bought was the Marvel adaptation. I'd still be reading comics today, 'cept they're too dang expensive. :mad:

I loved the banter between Luke and Mara, it was awesome!

Great job!!

=D=

10. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    loved that[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] the hawk-batmobile[face_laugh]

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Take it from me, JM77 NERD is IN! [face_love] :*

Because it's usually tied to serious talent. =D= [face_batting]

12. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Oh my, this was hilarious! [face_laugh]

In between all her devious missions for the Emperor, I can just picture Mara sitting on her bed reading comic books. [face_laugh][face_laugh]

Loved the names you chose for the superheroes.

Great job with your quote!

=D=

13. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Daaaaww

We got lots of nerds here then :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.