main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bing, NY Spiedie Fest and Balloon Rally 2007

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Renny, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renny

Renny Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2007
    :D I have been in touch with the folks who set up the Spiedie fest and Ballon rally....they would be DELIGHTED to have us attend in costume!! The event is August 3-5. Dave Pessago has asked if we would attend all three days! He has also told me that he will give us an area and tent to remove buckets and relax in. This event is the second largest balloon Rally, last year alone over 105,000 people attended from all over the country! I am still getting things together, but I wanted to ask everyone that could possibly make the event at some point over that weekend, to please come and have a great time! I understand that there is a Balloon Launche are at 6 am and 6 pm....the website is.....

http://spiediefest.com/

Dave mentioned that the festival starts Friday the 3rd at 3:00pm. I don;t know if any of us could make it on Friday but the event goes until dusk regardless. It would be nice if maybe a few of us could do a small walk around friday,and set up the table and things for Saturday.I have a lot of details to work out still so,I am open to all suggestions or help of any sort. Thanks a bunch in advance.

The Boys and Girl from The CORE! :D

2. JagVader

JagVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2007
    I'm in... Not sure for how many days or hours for that matter due to our situation with possably selling our house and moving.

3. TreborGahKor

TreborGahKor Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    I'm totally in on this one!! I'll work when and where I can!!

4. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    PM'ed Vicky about this. Looks like she will be able to attend.

I have also posted this in the CR forum. Lets see what happens. I will let everyone know what is said.

Also posted in Syracuse, Rochester and Buffalo

5. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    marked my calendar for this one.... as of now I dont think we have any scheduling conflicts......

6. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    Very kewl. Haven't seen you in ages.

7. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I was curious if any times were set for the Saturday appearance?
    As that's the only day I'll be able to drive down for out of the 3.

~Doc_Bev

8. Renny

Renny Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2007
    A little over a week and this major event will be happening!!!

I know that the event opens at 6am for balloon launches but the event itself I believe starts at 8?? Will confirm that with Dave. There really is no set time Bev...other than my tushie being there....lol. I have to call Dave and give him a head count....shall I be safe in saying..10-15people??? I have to get a more accurate count for the buttons and parking as well...I would like that information by tomorrow if possible PLEASE! All last minute things will be worked out by next Wednesday...come hell or high water!

Thanks again everyone!!

9. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    These are the volunteers I'm assuming so far...
    5-ish from Binghamton FF and 4-ish from 501st/RL.

I think many are tentative, but are waiting to hear what the appearance times will be.
    I would recommend an appearance of no longer than 10am-5pm for Saturday.

~Doc_Bev

10. Renny

Renny Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2007
    Thanks Bev....I am STILL waiting to hear back from Dave...It is at the top of my list to get done today.

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    We've decided to limit Excelsior's appearance time to 12pm-4pm. I hope this works well with whatever times CORE is set-up.

Karen - I'll be sending you an email shortly with our standard list of questions for event contacts so that I can have that information to pass on to Excelsior.

~Doc_Bev

12. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    I just got back from meeting with Dave.

I told him 10-5 but we can cover the times you will not be here. We have a place to change and a tent where we will be setting up. It will be right near the kids tent. I have 10 passes. This will get everyone in thatvehicle into spiedie fest. I think the best bet would be to meet at my house and car pool from there. It's not that far

Directions to Ians House.

If you are coming from Syracuse down 81.

Head southwest on I-81 S toward RT-17 E 0.6 mi
    5. Take exit 4N-4S for RT-7 N toward Hillcrest 0.3 mi
    6. Take exit 4N to merge onto RT-363 E/RT-7 N toward I-88/Oneonta
    Continue to follow RT-7 N 0.4 mi
    1 min
    7. Take the Bevier St exit 0.1 mi
    8. Turn left at Bevier St/CR-145 312 ft
    9. Turn right at State St 315 ft
    10. Turn left at Dennison Ave 0.1 mi

To: 47 Dennison Ave
    Binghamton, NY 13901

Mine is the yellow house. I will have my red saturn ion parked in the driveway.

Edit

Add destination ...

13. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Since you all will already be at the festival by the time we get to Binghamton, how should we go about picking up the tickets?

~Doc_Bev

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Thanks Bingo for once again inviting The Rebellion & Excelsior out to play with you!
    Sorry we couldn't send more support.
    Hopefully I'll be able to get pictures uploaded soon.

~Doc_Bev

15. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Yes Great Fun as always

16. Renny

Renny Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2007
    Thank you...Thank you...Thank you!!

The Spiedie fest was a success!!!! As if it would be otherwise..lol. We even got a little snippet on the local news this morning as the Something unsual to see.

I seem to be having trouble getting my pictures to download from my camera... I did drop it yesterday...does someone else have a Kodak camera?? And can download them for me?? I will try again to see if I can get it work at home tonight...I was wicked tired last night.

17. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I didn't get too many photos, but here they are:
    http://www.garrisonexcelsior.com/forum/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=39814

~Doc_Bev

18. Renny

Renny Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2007
    :) Damn computer. I had to reinstall my kodak program...I have pics that I am working on sizing and will try to have something up in the next couple days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.