main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spielberg can't do non-Dreamworks films.

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Professor Moriarty, Jun 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 27, 1999
    Does anybody know the specifics of Spielbergs involvement with Dreamworks? I know when they created it that there was some kind of clause or agreement that forbade him from working on any film that that was non-Dreamworks. I know when he did 'The Lost World' there was a big hubbub over this and that it was a joint Universal/Dreamworks deal in the end. So would that mean that Indy IV would be a joint Lucasfilm LTD./Dreamworks SKG/Paramount Pictures deal?

2. Bresson

Bresson Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2002
    I don't understand the whole business structure of Dreamworks. My understanding is that SKG are investors along with many others (Paul Allen being a notable one). Spielberg CAN go outside of Dreamworks to make a movie. Remember, he almost made HARRY POTTER, a Warner prods. While I don't know for sure, I don't think Dreamworks will have a stake in Indy 4.

3. Greedos_a_bad_shot

Greedos_a_bad_shot Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2002
    Spielberg didn't make Harry Potter.
    He's part owner of Dreamworks, so Indy 4 will
    be a Lucasfilm/Dreamworks production plus whoever else helps finance it.

4. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    ...he almost made HARRY POTTER...

Spielberg didn't make Harry Potter.

Almost it the keyword there. ;)

And I doubt it'll have anything to do with Dreamworks. It will most likely be Lucasfilm, Ltd. and Paramount, just like the other three.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.