main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Spielberg is NOT directing, enough talk about him

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by kevmp, Nov 9, 2012.

1. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    The thing with Nolan, he tends to direct his own written script. He writes a dark story, thus directs a dark story. He would not be the one writing it this time, so he would direct to the tone the story calls for. He's such a great director, I don't think he'd have a problem with it.

2. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    I like Del Toro but he seems to be slightly unreliable. He pulled out of the Hobbit, for example.

3. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    Nolan's not bad, but he's not great either (in my opinion). The only film by him I really like is Batman Begins. The Dark Knight falls into the aforementioned trap of being too ponderous. And I didn't care for The Prestige. Hated Inception.

Of course, that's just my opinion of his work, but from what I've seen, I don't think he'd be a good match for Star Wars.

4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Spielberg is great, he's arguably the best, but Star Wars is not for him.

I can't remember the last time Coppola even did a film, must have been the mid-90s.

Nolan is great but that is no reason to give him a move series like Star Wars. Batman is a different thing and Inception though great is not the same either.

5. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    Nolan is probably my current favorite director, but I'm not sure he would be a good fit for this project. Nolan would have to be really excited, and have a strong desire to make these films for me to be comfortable with him being in charge. That's really all I want in a director. I want a guy who has a passion to tell this story for a new generation.