main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spielberg working on EP3 in some capacity?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Steve1977, Jan 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve1977

Steve1977 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2000
    The latest news update on TFN outright states it. Are they going to investigate this? Was Spielberg present during principle photography? or is he helping out with the edit?

2. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    That would be really cool. Probaly one of the few people that could have GL chnage the way he wants something done.

3. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    I bet he's Anakin's father. :p

4. openmind

openmind Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    No, no no! ET is Anakin's father 8-} Just kidding. Actually its Richard Dreyfuss [face_mischief]

Seriously though, I hope not. Let GL finish his thing, and maybe his other projects can include SS (like the good ole days).

5. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    I saw this too...very interesting, to say the least.

6. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    We-ell, this sounds like when I heard that Spielberg contributed to AOTC. :)

7. JMax

JMax Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2003
    I heard Tim Burton was working on the sets and the guys from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy were doing the costumes... =P

I wouldn't mind some Spielberg intervention but this is George's baby.... and Rick's...

8. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    For all we know, Steven may have just stopped by the set one day and said to George, "I think that it would be pretty cool if..." and George agreed, and decided to incorperate a new scene or sequence.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

9. winter_chili

winter_chili Jedi Master star 5

Nov 6, 2002
    Why is it that the only time theres two directors is when theyre brothers? just the thought of Directed by George Lucas and Steven Speilberg is too much for my little fanboy mind to take [face_love]

10. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Writer, Director, Executive Producer is one too many jobs for a film of this magnitude. I would not be suprised of Spielberg was helping Lucas direct. I think that would be great! I love Lucas, but no one beats the directing that Spielberg has! Lucas could be filming most of it and Steven helps out.

I really think the credits should be like this,
    (Iris Out)
    Directed by Steven Spielberg
    Story by George Lucas
    Written by George Lucas and Lawrence Kasdan
    Produced by Kathleen Kennedy
    Music by John Williams
    Executive Produced by George Lucas
    Edited by Michael Kahn
    Sound Design by Ben Burtt

Seldon

11. KfistoRox

KfistoRox Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2002
    It would be great if he helped direct.

How many critics could bash it so hard with Spielberg helping direct. :)

12. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    I agree, Spielberg would help the bashing stop, perhaps be eliminated all together... and everyone would say episode iii is the greatest ever...it would beat Titanic's record and sweep the oscars. Hey it could happen :)

13. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    ^^could, but wont...well maybe titantics record

14. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Titanic's days are probably numered since this is the last Star Wars of all time...as painful a realization that is it's the truth our beloved franchise is a little over a year from ending.

15. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I heard somewhere that Spielberg's involvement would be in a follow up live action star wars tv series. I also heard that this extended contract Peter Mayhew made is for the tv series and not episodes 7-9.

16. QuiGonHrafn

QuiGonHrafn Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 25, 2002
    "I would not be suprised of Spielberg was helping Lucas direct. I think that would be great! I love Lucas, but no one beats the directing that Spielberg has! Lucas could be filming most of it and Steven helps out".

No way. Lucas is doing this all the way. If somebody were to help Lucas direct then Spielberg would be the only one I would be satisfied with. But it is more likely that he asked Steven for adivse on the story (Anakin's fall/Padmé's death etc). Seeing that this is IT he might have asked for Steven's input. Whatever his role this is George's baby and it will be done his way but he may ask his best friend for some good advise and if you are going to do that, who else would you chose but Spielberg. It is handy to have so many talented friends like Lucas seems to have (Spielberg and Coppola to name but two).

17. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    As a big fan of Spielberg, I hope that he's involved somehow. Not that I don't trust the Big G, but I think Steve could be a big help.

18. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
  19. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Yeah I think Spielberg will help out, you know getting coffee for Mr. Lucas, and breaking the props... 8-}

Ah, just another crazy wacky edition to the team...much like that of Jar Jar! ;)

20. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Speaking of Lucas and Spielberg...

I've just been watching the Indiana Jones Trilogy and I never noticed they're rated PG, PG, PG-13

Hmm... Episode III PG-13 maybe? Please god let it be so.

21. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Nah, it'd be rated R-L (meaning- "Rediculously Long"!) 8-} Just teasin'

22. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    The PG-13 rating was created specifically for that Indiana Jones movie, IIRC.

Rick McCallum loves you!

23. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    What's "IIRC"?

24. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    Please take all discussion of rating to the following thread: The Rumored PG-13 Rating

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.