Spielburg NOT directing Indy 4!!!

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Wampas_Have_Dandruff, Jul 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wampas_Have_Dandruff Force Ghost

star 2
    A story has been posted on SciFi.com (I'm too lazy to make a link, but it's right on the front page) that says Steven Spielburg has officially pulled out of Indy 4! I've got a bad feeling about this........
  2. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Well, according to TheRaider.net
    "Spielberg not directing 'Indy 4' news is false!

Wednesday, July 2, 2003 - Gilles V
    Earlier today, Coming Soon! reported that The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen star Sean Connery talked to Entertainment Tonight about his possible involvement in Indiana Jones 4. While Connery said he's interested, he also revealed that, according to his contacts, director Steven Spielberg is off the project.

Connery says, "All I know is that somebody called the office and said that Steven was not doing the movie. That Harrison had in fact verbally agreed to do another one. And would I be interested? But of course I would, I had a very good experience with it. Disappointed to hear that Steven wouldn't be doing it. But in the end it always gets down to how good the book is, the script is, and if it's really workable."

Rest assured my fellow Indyfans, this news is false. Sir Sean Connery must have been misinformed.

Lucasfilm has informed me that the script for Indiana Jones 4 is going forward and none of the plans have changed. Steven Spielberg will certainly direct the fourth Indiana Jones film.

/>/>
  3. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Whew. I thought he would. He'd be crazy not to.

-sj loves kevin spacey
  4. skywalker325 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yay! I'm very excited about this movie.
  5. WormieSaber Force Ghost

star 5
    Lucas and Spielberg have been collaborating for years over this film, so I doubted from the start that the rumor was true. It is as much Spielberg's baby as it is Lucas'.
  6. Wampas_Have_Dandruff Force Ghost

star 2
    Cool guys. That's quite a relief. Lock away....I'm not sure how! lol
  7. Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Whew! You scared me there for a second!
  8. keokiswahine Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The dynamic duo rules, Lucas and Spielberg.
  9. Bastila--Shan Jedi Master

star 4
  10. DarthLazious Jedi Youngling

star 4
    So who is directing Indy IV?
  11. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
  12. obaona Force Ghost

star 4
    *panicked at thread title, but is now relieved* :p
  13. KrisKimlin Jedi Padawan

Speilberg will begin pre pro on Indy4 after he finishes Terminal.
  14. QUEEN_LEIA Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Spielburg should not only direct Indy 4 but SW Epi3 as well.
  15. Vaderbait Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Spielberg is definately not a SW director. Let Lucas finish his story, he's doing a great job as it is. Spielberg is a completely different style.

Anyways, I'm relieved at this. As long as they stick to Indy-formula, this shouldn't suffer the dreaded sequel fate.
  16. royalguard96 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Spielburg should not only direct Indy 4 but SW Epi3 as well.

I'm out of it for a while and you get delusions of grandeur! ;)
  17. DarthSil Jedi Master

star 4
    No votes for Peter Jackson yet?
  18. flyingseal Jedi Master

star 4
    Why on Middle-Earth should Peter Jackson direct ?[face_plain]...
  19. DarthSil Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, it was just a suggestion. :D

This place is a haven for LOTR fanatics so I was surprised to see that no one contributed the all-mighty Jackson.
  20. malducin Jedi Master

star 4
    One of the reasons is becauise Jackson and Lucas are friends. Unfortunately there is that urban legend online that says that Lucas hates Jackson because he and Sielberg wanted to do LOR, and only ILM could do it and some other such nonsense. Never mind the fact that Jackson and others were invited to the Ranch, learned how to do large scale cinematics, Jackson has been invited to the Fox Australia studios several times, etc.

Then again thy have somewhat dissimilar styles so it's debatable if PJ would be a good choice.
  21. DarthLazious Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I would like it if Jackson directed Indy 4 but it would not be the same.
  22. AdamBertocci Manager

Manager
    star 7
    Some of PJ's early works betray a bit of an Indy-esque charm... oddly enough I think THEY make him a better candidate for Indiana than the LOTR movies do! The LOTR movie take themselves far more seriously! (as well they should)... LOTR and Indy are two very different movies!

Rick McCallum loves you!
  23. malducin Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually I think that sometimes the LOTR movies, in particular the second, doesn't take itself seriously enough. But I digress.

Certainly The Frighteners has certain mischieviousness and humor akin to the Indy movies, though I feel PJ is more similar to Sam Raimi's style.
  24. mikadojedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Part of me hopes Spielberg does not direct IJ4. Here is why. After Schindlers List, Saving Private Ryan and A-I he has become way more serious. And after Jurassic Park 2, all his work has become darker in tone and look. Maybe it is him, maybe it is Januz Kaminsky his DOP on his last few projects. This guy is darker then dark for me. I would hope if he does indeed direct IJ4 he goes with Dean Kundey who shot JP1 and the Back to the Future Trilogy. He uses bright colors and photographs in a way that makes a movie a little more fun. And in IJ1 and 3 the Nazis are boo-hiss villians, almost comical. Temple of Doom though dark in plot is my favorite and is loads of fun to watch for me.Ralph Feines in Schindlers was not nor was Private Ryan. They were not meant to be of course. But for IJ4 to work Steven needs to be Steven and not SPIELBERG, if you take my meaning. I also hope Irwin Kershner directs pick up and redoes the whole Ep3.
  25. flyingseal Jedi Master

star 4
    You haven't seen "Catch Me If You Can" I geuss ?[face_plain]...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.