main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Spillover from the Understanding the Qu'ran thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by twowolves, Jan 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twowolves

twowolves Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2013
    Continue the debate here so that Ghost can have his thread back. If the mods want to retitle it, fine by me, but the original thread got way off topic, so let's leave that thread to its original purpose and continue the debate here, outside of that thread.

2. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Who are you going to have a debate with if you keep blocking everyone?

3. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Hello twowolves. Can you see me? Just unblock everyone. Seriously, blocking is silly. Have a debate if you want one. No need to block people.

4. twowolves

Oct 6, 2013
    My intent with this thread was to take that acrimonious debate out of a thread that wasn't for that subject matter. I see everything. If people want to continue to debate off topic subjects in that thread (and while they are not mutually exclusive, that thread wasn't for debating vetting and political policy), someone may step in and lock the thread, and that isn't fair to Ghost. So better for it to have its own thread, and if there is already a similar thread, for a mod to direct the debate to that thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    twowolves. The best thing to do is for you to quote some scripture (any scripture) and we can then intepret it according to our political/moral/social/economic agenda. That way you will understand 'radical' Islam.

6. twowolves

Oct 6, 2013
    I am no longer interested in debating anything. You wanna debate it? Knock yourself out. Nothing, and I mean nothing, will change my mind because of the experiences I've had first hand. But for someone who wants to debate scripture, go to Ghost's thread. If someone wants to debate the political aspects of it, go to this thread.

7. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    I applaud twowolves' openness to debate, but I don't really understand the purpose of this thread yet so the applause is slow and uncertain.

Edit: oh! stopped clapping.

8. twowolves

Oct 6, 2013
    I said very plainly what this thread was for. Several times. ShaneP and others wanted to continue the discourse on vetting and what not, so continue that here and leave Ghost's thread to what HE wanted it for.

9. LostOnHoth

Feb 15, 2000
    You sound just like the fundamentalists you oppose. No facts, truths, logic, reason or sanity will ever change my mind!

SuperWatto likes this.
  10. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Have you gotten any wiser today?

11. twowolves

Oct 6, 2013
    Sorry, but you're wrong. My logic is based entirely on facts, on numbers, on statistics, and yet none of that tells me I need to go out and kill anyone who doesn't believe as I do simply because God told me so.

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    You told people in the other thread to "not believe the media," and are now trying to lecture us about "facts."

If you have these "facts," you need to post them, and if they are from InfoWars or Breitbart-style blogs, you probably should not waste your time, as they will not be believed. Your facts need to come from objective scholars in religious studies or journalists--real ones, not Steve Bannon or his ilk.

Before you continue with any more posts about Muslims as a whole being terrorists, you should be aware that we have a hate speech policy here.

Also, "eschewing political correctness" has become code for "I want to post terrible negative stereotypes/bigoted statements about a race, gender, ethnicity or religion without anyone calling me on it." Not gonna happen. "Politically correct" is also code for "being a nice person who does not think in stereotypes." That's the type of thinking that should be encouraged.

Jedi Merkurian and Jedi Ben like this.
  13. LostOnHoth

Feb 15, 2000

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  14. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    I'm seeing textbook trolling in this thread. Sounds like people are afraid of allowing an opposing view to their own.

15. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Aaaaand locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.