main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Anthology: News and Rumors (General Discussion Welcome)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TtheForceHurts, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I think there's something to it though, unlike some of the more forced feeling connections of the PT... such as Anakin having built C-3PO; that wasn't based on anything in the OT. But there does seem to be some underlying theme of Boba and Han knowing each other from the past running through their shared scenes in TESB and ROTJ.

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Going by only the movies, I've always seen Jabba as Han's archnemesis. Boba seemed to just be somebody who's hoping that Jabba pays him.

Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  3. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    But Han used to do smuggling jobs for Jabba... one of those trips went bad (dumping spice for fear of being busted by the Empire), so things went sour then I think. So I don't know I'd call them enemies per se before that.

4. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I meant starting when Han dumped the spice.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah, Han used to be Jabba's boogie. Or boy or whatever.

6. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Ah, OK.

darklordoftech likes this.
  7. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I wonder why a Fett movie before a Han movie. Perhaps they want to spend more time writing the Han movie OR perhaps a Fett movie could actually introduce Han and make way for the Han spin off which would include Fett.

Could definitely see a Han Solo trilogy with the Fett movie being the precursor to it. Maybe they were both part of the Imperial Academy first.

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I wonder if they believe that any "new" audience would rather see someone more visually fantastic. Not that I agree with this potential reasoning, but in the world of selling fantasy (... and therefore, toys and halloween costumes...), Fett is slightly more interestingly designed than a fella in a vest.

9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Maybe the rumor's not true and the first spin-off is a musical starring Sy Snootles.

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Droopy McCool. Be realistic, audiences love that delightful Deep Roy.

11. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    If the spin-off rumor is true, future Halloweens could very well feature more Boba Fetts knocking on doors than Iron Men and Spider-Men combined.

12. Spam Bot

Spam Bot Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 16, 2012
    I said Lando because I think that film would be hilarious!

For some reason, I got this image of Terry Cruise playing a young Lando. Ridiculous, I know, but it would be outrageously funny.

Although I must admit I'm not overly keen on any spin-off in particular. I would like to perhaps learn about Plegueis, but I'm sorta hoping this is covered in the ST proper.

Immortiss likes this.
  13. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Max the Blue-Skinned Elephant (inspired by Rudolph. no racism intended.)

14. handofluke

handofluke Jedi Padawan

Jun 30, 2013
    He didn't say that it was the first one, just that one of them is a Boba Fett movie. Correct?

I'm more nervous about a Han Solo movie than anything. I just can't imagine anyone filling Harrison Ford's shoes.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  15. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    Who would play Fett though? Morrison's a bit old to be playing a mid-20's bounty hunter though if they keep his mask on all the time it could work or he could possibly just provide the voice.

As for what a Boba Fett movie could look like - For A Few Dollars More In Space. Cad Bane as Mortimer, Boba Fett as Manco.

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Jet Li.

The circle is now complete.

TigerCraneFist , Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  17. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think I'm most interested in this Yoda film if it's true that that's one of the spin-offs. I think it'd be best if it focused on a younger Yoda because then we could be introduced to a completely uncharted era and possibly introduce new Jedi characters. Also what does this earlier era look like? How does the Jedi Order function at this point in history? Who are the villains and what are they doing? How different is Yoda at this point? Is he a less wise Yoda then what we're used to? Does he struggle with the dark side? Yoda doesn't seem like a character that would need his own film but that's kind of why it interests me. It'd be a challenge to pull off successfully and I'd love to see them try.

Darth PJ and Mystery Roach like this.
  18. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I don't think so, they run in the same circles. They know the same people. They work for the same giant slug. Only one provides the service of smuggling and the other Bounty Hunting. Who knows, Han may be smuggling Wookiees from a slave to a free sector, you know, to help out Chewie's kind. I mean once in awhile his conscious gets the better of him and Boba is hired to get those Wookiee pelts we've always seen him wearing. They don't need to be arch-nemesis, but let's face it, they're two sides of the same coin. They're both doing what they need to do get by in the galaxy, except one has a conscious and one has a grudge.

I don't think its the same as Darth Vader created C-3PO. Hey, but do what you want with it Disney, you own it.

Darth Chiznuk and Darth_Pevra like this.
  19. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Maybe it's a Boba Fett spin off taking place post-RotJ... but it turns out it's really JODO KAST! :eek:

20. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I think there are several great options for Star Wars spin offs... I defo believe a Yoda story has more potential than a Boba one for the points you mention... and that it can focus on more philosophical elements. Besides - I think Yoda is the most popular character with anyone under the age of 25.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  21. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    My nephew disagrees with you. :)

[​IMG]

22. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    That is a pretty cool home made costume.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  23. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Pro Scoundrel - so, I'm guessing you're the greatest uncle in the galaxy after that? :)

Immortiss likes this.
  24. HegoDamask

HegoDamask Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2013
    Just a thought here, Star Wars 1313, It was looking to be a very popular and promising game.
    The story was supposed to act as an origin story for young Boba becoming the bounty hunter we know and love. This was apparently an adaption of the Boba episodes of the Star Wars Underworld TV project. We can see from the very earliest promotional material for the show it would feature Boba:
    [​IMG]
    Now recall, that the TV series was put on hold due to funding (it would cost $1.2 million per episode.) So then scripts where picked up by Lucasarts to make it into a game. The game looked incredible quite frankly, the characters seemed well written and the story seemed good and the graphics where incredible. Much to our dismay after the acquisition the game got canned, but what if Kasdan saw the potential in the story and picked it up. Giving us a decent explanation as to why the project wasn't handed over to another studio. He could adapt the story into a film and dramatically cut down the costs. Or perhaps it was canned so that the Underworld project could be reawakened in a couple of years by the far richer Disney, now they are keen to put their franchises on the TV screen (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Vader TV specials etc)
    Personally I believe the story for the film may have gone down this route TV Show > Game > Movie.
    This leads me to question, if the Fett spinoff was indeed developed down this route will it have the mature themes from the TV series and the canned game?

25. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Has it been declared anywhere how many spin offs they plan to make, or is it just a "we'll see how it goes" basis?

I've heard a film every year for the next 5 years (which would mean 3 sequels and 2 spin offs). I've also heard 3 sequels and 3 spin offs.

I guess it would be foolish to declare how many spin offs they will make. One spin off about one character could lead to its own trilogy itself.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.