main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Anthology: News and Rumors (General Discussion Welcome)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TtheForceHurts, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    That strike looks like it went into his man parts.

2. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Vader is a dirty, dirty fighter.

3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It's hard to tell- but it looks like he's stabbed Maul (Maul doppleganger?) somewhere similar (right through Vader's own gut in the process):

[​IMG]

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Vader is a big meanie duelist.

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    He gives no quarter, unless you're his son.

6. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Or Admiral Piett. He let him survive Luke escaping in the Falcon

7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    True, he definitely gave Piett a break there. But I was just thinking about lightsaber duels.

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I've always been curious why he let Piett live. Sign of his true self starting to resurface perhaps.

Immortiss, EHT, Krueger and 1 other person like this.
  9. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I've always thought that. I think he just thought he was good at his job, too.

EHT and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  10. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    That's how I took it. The start of the internal conflict Luke taunted him with in RotJ.

Krueger, EHT and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  11. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I always figured he was too caught up in his own thoughts (and feelings) to even notice Piett.

12. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    How about a movie on the birth of the Jedi? I recall hearing that GL was interested in covering that.

T-R- and Dra--- like this.
  13. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999

How would you even....where would you start?

Perhaps there was one person who became the first to really study force sensitivity (a phenomena which had always been around) and who was a philosopher at the same time. Perhaps discovery of the midichlorians and finding out he had a high count sparked his search for similar individuals.

Hmm...that might be interesting.

14. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    "The Skywalker".

However, I prefer the idea that the Jedi were formed to defeat the Sith, hence the Sith's hatred of Jedi.

15. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999

I like your idea but it begs the question:

1. What organization preceded the Jedi?
    a. Who would you select to defeat the Sith?
    b. How did people interpret the Force and Force-users before the Jedi?

Here's my take: :p

Perhaps the early "Jedi" were mystics in less civilized systems. In the more advanced population centers closer to the core Force-users were not as visible. Gradually over time, governments of the less civilized systems began to formally recognize their powers. Hired on as advisers, these mystics began to refine their understanding of the Force and the powers they came with it. As their roles expanded into diplomatic and security responsibilities (much like samurai), their exposure increased. A few minor wars and skirmishes, where their involvement proved decisive, accelerated this notoriety.

The Republic, recognizing their benefit, created an Order, with a physical presence located on Coruscant. Here their diplomatic and military skills could be exploited to the Republic's advantage. In return, the Order was given a haven to learn more about the living force, embark on missions to recruit others, and help bring peace to a confederated galaxy. As the organization matured, a rift occurred over (FILL IN THE BLANK). A detachment of force-users broke away and formed a independent group. Bereft of exposure to the accumulated wisdom and training provided by the Order, these force-users succumbed to the dark side and called themselves, Sith.

16. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    The Sith oppress the galaxy (possibly for millenia). Eventually, somebody (who I'm going to call "the Skywalker" for the sake of having a name to use) infiltrates the Sith and is trained in their ways. However, the Skywalker decides to use the light side instead of the dark side. The Skywalker gathers some followers and trains them, forming the Jedi Order. The newly-formed Jedi Order overthrows the Sith and the Sith go into hiding for the next 1000 years.

17. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999

Awesome. Now, how did the Sith get started? Let's assume that the first Sith chose the dark side because it was just more attractive and fun (or whatever reason). Why did it take millenia before light side force users got organized as well? :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  18. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    There's many ways that the Sith could have began. They may have already been oppressing the galaxy when they discovered The Force.
    Lack of a successful infiltrator.

dolphin likes this.
  19. She-Wolf of the Dune Seas

She-Wolf of the Dune Seas Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2014
    I always imagined that they both started their cults in different sides of the galaxy and there was a war after they discovered eachother.

20. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Man, all this Force origin stuff... if only 2001: A Space Odyssey didn't feature a (then) future Earth society. That right there would probably be the best representation of such a concept. ;)

21. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    IMHO, I don't think it was like that. The way I saw it is that during that final chase, Vader himself was up on the Bridge of the Executor. He had no one to blame but himself.

22. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    And Luke was on the Falcon, he might have some idea of what's wrong. Not likely but you never know.
    Or R2.

23. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    He had, a few minutes ago, asked Piett "Did your men deactivate the hyperdrive on the Millennium Falcon?"

So - had he been "in the mood to cast blame" - it would have made sense for him to do so in Piett's general direction.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  24. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    Oh absolutely. It is even a moment of amusement the way Piett reacts to the Falcon getting away. He has a look of apprehension wondering if his neck will be the next to snap. Vader certainly wasn't going to force choke himself, so yes Piett was the logical target.

25. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Vader's is always screwed over by incompetents, the entire OT. It's why the heroes manage to get away most of the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.