main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Anthology: News and Rumors (General Discussion Welcome)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TtheForceHurts, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Very true... I fully except it's me being anal about it. ;)

2. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    That book? Hell yes they can throw it in the trash bin. Burn every last copy of it!

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  3. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    There are two ways you can read that you know. I still don't agree with your assessment of it. I guess we will see.

4. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    Whilst the grammar is a liitle off... it reads that the movies they're developing feature existing characters, but sit outside of Eps I-IX. That's the most logical way to interpret it... unless they were deliberately trying to confuse us. ;)

Sum-Wan and Dra--- like this.
  5. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Jabba gets more votes than Leia. :rolleyes:

Dra--- and Dasan like this.
  6. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Hey, Jabba is awesome :p

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  7. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013

Leia's background in ANH's radio drama was great., I'm on board for more.

Immortiss, Dra--- and Darth_Pevra like this.
  8. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    That was definetly one of the highlights of the radio drama... episode 2 specifically. :)

Darth Archimage likes this.
  9. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    It is along time since I collected the Darkhorse Comics. But some of my favourite stories were the Droid Kalarba Adventures. It was pre-ANH and felt very much like SW.

I think the droid duo of R2 and 3PO would work as a genuine focus for a story in a GFFA but unconnected to the main Saga.

10. crescenstar

crescenstar Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2013
    Han Solo movie for sure! with lando and jabba as enemy!

Obi wan movie! Post ROTS?! or maybe life on tatooine isnt that great?

BOBA FETT MOVIE PLEASE!

11. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    Actually an Origins of Jabba the Hutt would be very interesting if its done like the God Father or GoodFellas. [​IMG]

Krueger likes this.
  12. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    I still feel that the best Spin Off/ Origins film would be that of Star Killer. With this we get Vader, Sidious, Young Leia, Jedi the Empire. We get what people want to see:

[​IMG]

Trebor Sabreon, Dra--- and mes520 like this.
  13. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I voted for Plagueis/Sidious, Maul, Leia, and other

Plagueis/Sidious of course, it's at the top of my list

Though Maul could somewhat be covered if they based any possible Plagueis movie off the book. Several characters in fact. However, I would like to know more of how Maul survived post TPM. What happens after TCW and he's in Palpatine's hands again. I always hoped he and Obi-Wan duked it out one last time on Tatooine

Leia could be really good and hey, Disney has always been known for their princesses.

For others I would like a Starkiller though leave the sequel out of it. An Old Republic trilogy. Revan is a character that always interested me. Can't think of anything else. I'll probably what more of what I want when the ST comes and we know more details. I'd love a Mara Jade movie and a Cade Skywalker/Legacy movie, but I know that depends on whatever they do with the EU and the ST

Dra--- likes this.
  14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    How in the world would they make a Jabba the Hutt film? He moves like a slug and speaks in a different language.

Darth_Pevra and Krueger like this.
  15. mes520

Nov 3, 2012
    I can't see Jabba being a main character in a movie. Same with Yoda, no offense

Also for Boba Fett I don't think he needs an origin story, but I would like to see him be a main character in the Underworld series. If and when that happens of course

16. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Wow, I never even knew there was a radio drama. I just found a bunch of them on youtube. Time for some fun.[face_dancing]

Darth_Pevra, Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  17. mes520

Nov 3, 2012
    Oh, and I thought of one other...

Darth Bane!

18. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    This! My personal hope is that they create a new saga (with all new character who are not Skywalkers) that takes place during this period.

Krueger likes this.
  19. Jedi Zaven'than

Jedi Zaven'than Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 12, 2013
    [quoterth Chiznuk, post: 50995987, member: 1374651"]
    This! My personal hope is that they create a new saga (with all new character who are not Skywalkers) that takes place during this period.[/quote]

The problem with movies set in this period (if you're a Bane fan) is that Disney might do what they did with the post- ROTJ EU and just ignore it in favor of a new story and introduce new characters that more people will know about than, say Darth Bane. IDK if they'll even make movies set before the prequels, but I hope they do. Even different storylines then established EU which (IMHO) is kind of hit or miss.

20. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Personally, that's exactly what I think they should do. Take Darth Bane and whatever notes Lucas has on the era and create their own trilogy. It wouldn't bother me a bit if they ignored the novels while creating the films and I say that as a huge fan of the Darth Bane novels. If it was up to me I would make a sort of prequel saga to the Skywalker saga. It would revolve around a whole new set of characters who would not be related to the Skywalker's and I would even reuse the Episode numbers. So you would have two very distinct sagas set in two very distinct time periods and you could continue making new sagas to your hearts content (Saga I, Saga II, Saga III, etc.)

21. Jedi Zaven'than

Sep 12, 2013

That would be awesome, a kind of prequel to the prequels, if you will. And it almost seems likely if Disney wants to take a break from continuing the story of the OT. After all, there's only so much you can focus on one era. (Or maybe that's just my inner Old Republic era fanboy speaking.:p)

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  22. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    It would work as kind of a prequel saga to the original saga (or Skywalker saga.) It would start over with Episode I and continue with however many episodes they want to make for this saga. So it would be like one long novel with the Sagas acting as Parts and the Episodes acting like Chapters. It might get a bit confusing with multiple Episodes I's and II's etc. but I think it would be an amazing thing to see happen.

Jedi Zaven'than likes this.
  23. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I've already shared in lengthy discussions on which stand-alone films we'd like to see, so I'll try to be brief:

- Obi-Wan Kenobi exile film starring Ewan McGregor. It needs to me made. Enough said.

- Boba Fett film set post ROTJ, opening with Boba fighting out of the Sarlacc and then proceeding to depict Fett moving on from a life spent exclusively bounty hunting, to establishing his own criminal empire in the wake of Jabba's death and the crippling blow the Empire suffered at Endor.

- At least one film (preferably a trilogy) set during the Old Republic. Ancient Jedi, a Sith empire, all that good stuff in a story which culminates in the decisive battle which forces the "extinction" of the Sith for over a millennium and Darth Bane's historic reworking of the Order.

- A film which shows us the story of the very first Je'daii. And it has to star Daniel Day-Lewis in the lead role.

- Darth. Plagueis. The. Wise. Good luck marketing the thing, but man, oh man, how I'd love to see it.

- I really want to know more about where the Skywalker's came from. The identity and life stories of Shmi's ancestors is something I find myself more and more curious about as time goes on. For that matter, though it may not merit a film of its own, I'd really like to learn more about Shmi, herself, and her story prior to TPM. By the by, I'm perfectly okay with the official version of events, but part of me also sometimes wants to believe that the whole 'Force conception' was a bluff on Shmi's part, and that we could one day learn the real identity of Anakin's father.

- Han Solo. But whew, you really gotta get that casting right.

- Finally, if the story of the ST merits it, I'm open to the idea of character features which flesh out the tale of the new trilogy.

You may notice that few of my preferences could be counted as 'origin stories,' save the origin of the Jedi Order, itself (oh, and I guess Han), but I suppose I'm just not all that convinced that origin stories are what we need to be seeing right away.

edit: Oh, I forgot to mention that a tale surrounding Dooku as a Jedi Master during the time when Qui-Gon Jinn was his Padawan would be really great. Lee and Neeson are so wed to the characters in my mind that it may take me a minute to get used to the idea of other actors, but man, I'd really like to see it happen.

24. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Voted for a few, but have some thoughts on all of these. I've listed them below.

Han: Perhaps. If a good story could be written then I might be OK with it. Biggest problem would be casting a young Harrison Ford, he is very tough to imitate without it turning into a charicature of him.

Yoda: NO. As much as I love our favorite green Jedi master, I am strongly against knowing more about his background as I feel it would ruin the mystique of his character. If he shows up in other films in a supporting role, fine, but his background needs to remain a giant question mark.

Boba Fett: Possible. AOTC was more or less his origin story and we last saw him holding Jango's helmet there on Geonosis. And keep Daniel Logan in the role, he has aged nicely into the character and this could also be a vehicle for Tem Morrison too.

Obi Wan: Hell yes. Ewan McGregor has mentioned that he would be open to playing Obi Wan again and it would be interesting to see how he spent his time on Tatooine watching over Luke, pissing off Owen, and learning how to do a good Krayt Dragon impression. Only drawback I can see to making this film is that Tunisia (where most of the Tatooine scenes were shot) is still somewhat unstable after the Arab Spring which started there. This could potentially bring about some stability but it could also be too big of a liability for filming.

Plagueis/Sidious: Possibly, but we've seen enough of his machinations for now. There are more bad guys in the GFFA than the Sith.

Maul: Sorry, no. He was cool and mysterious, but he is also dead and his status shouldn't deviate much from this. Yes, the Clone Wars did some more stuff with him, I know, but anything more of the guy would be overkill.

Jabba: Maybe. But a giant semi-mobile Hutt crimelord would be sorta boring to watch for 2 hours.

Lando: Another "Hell Yes!" Perhaps he could share his movie with Han, perhaps in an Oceans 11 style caper. Only drawback is finding a good young Billy Dee actor.

Leia: Maybe. I will admit to wondering why she is such a good shot, notice how she never misses during the films? That girl had some training or something on a supposedly peaceful world.

Other: I'm still VERY much in favor of "Jar Jar's Big Adventure" hitting the silver screen. Admit it, you are too.

25. Jedi Zaven'than

Sep 12, 2013
    A movie about Dooku would be great, but I think he's too minor a character to warrant his own movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.