main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Anthology: News and Rumors (General Discussion Welcome)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TtheForceHurts, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    he's an anti hero protagonist, because he does horrible things for money, for nice people

where do i queue?

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It is a story of family and hard, honest work. He is the second generation of simple men just trying to make their way in the universe.

3. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    I voted for Han Solo and then Darth Maul. Why? Because:

1. The main series basically follows the story about a Jedi, so these two characters are different and therefore interesting to explore.
    2. A film about Han Solo could easily incorporate characters like Boba Fett, Jabba and Lando anyway, just like a film about Darth Maul could easily incorporate characters like Sidious.

4. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I think it's time to avoid a...

[​IMG]

Canon War

WatTamborWoo and Darth_Downunder like this.
  5. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Cameras can't fight wars.

[​IMG]

Well, not yet...

6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Another note on our canon policy. We updated it with minor changes a few days ago, but we are in the process of updating it again now in light of today's official announcement. It will be published (replacing the existing policy post) soon.

As always, though, everyone please play nice. [face_peace]

7. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I want a movie on a non-Karpyshan Bane. The true, badass creator of the Rule of Two.

Darth PJ likes this.
  8. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    Why isn't there a poll option for a Porkins prequel?

Dewback, T-R- and purplerain like this.
  9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Because I think it's just a given that we all want that.

T-R-, purplerain, Six and 1 other person like this.
  10. RobShanti

RobShanti Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2009
    I think this proves that:

[​IMG]

T-R- likes this.
  11. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Belly Runner

Do want

12. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Yoda overthrowing Sidious 1000 years before the saga

13. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    The Shmi Skywalker prequel, where you can see Darth Vader being born right into a pile of sand.

T-R- and TtheForceHurts like this.
  14. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    An actual sith prequel that discusses the history of the sith.

Immortiss, Darth PJ and purplerain like this.
  15. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014

That would explain his later dislike of it. Primal baby memories.

purplerain likes this.
  16. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Didn't Anakin say they were brought to Tatooine when he was about three, by Gardulla, in the TPM movie?

Immortiss and T-R- like this.
  17. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Lots of planets have sand!

Iron_lord likes this.
  18. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    According to Wokkiepedia, he and his mother were bought by Gardulla when he was three.

19. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Padme: "Have you been here very long?"
    Anakin: "Since I was very little. Three, I think."

It's not clear whether "here" is "at Watto's" or "at Tatooine."

Force Smuggler likes this.
  20. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I thought it was clear he was talking about Tatooine [face_thinking] Now I'll have to rewatch that scene after work

21. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I figured at the time that it was Tatooine (and The Rise & Fall of Darth Vader had a scene of Shmi and three-year-old Anakin arriving).

22. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I agree. But in the absence of either direct evidence or a definitive statement from GL, I prefer to think he was born on Tatooine as it adds a measure of symmetry to the saga.

23. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    You know, I think we're all left wondering about the canon history of the Sith now. A standalone picture focusing on Sidous or Plagueis -- heck, even an Old Republic trilogy -- sure could go an awfully long way towards answering some of our more burning questions.

In light of Friday's announcement, I think something like this is needed now more than ever.

You joke, but I'd love to learn more about Shmi, her ancestors and the history of the Skywalkers in general. Who are they? Where do they come from? Enquiring minds want to know. :)

24. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    I definitely agree here. If they intend to throw away the "Legends" EU version of Sith history, than I'd love to see them tackle stories (and films, certainly!) about past Sith Lords who played a key role in shaping the history of the Order, particularly the incarnation known as the Banite Sith, the line of Darth Bane. The OS recently created an entry on Darth Bane, the founder of the Rule of Two. While the description is vague enough that we can still assume that much of the Darth Bane trilogy can still apply, the following quote would suggest a different take:
    This implies that the Jedi Order knew about Bane's Rule of Two, and moreover, unlike what was shown in the novels, they appeared to have had a role in or at least knowledge of, his ultimate defeat, presumably at the hands of his apprentice, if not the Order itself. We can assume that the Jedi believed that the Sith Order finally died with Darth Bane, so they apparently had no knowledge of a surviving apprentice(s). I would love to see some clarification on this particular subject, and revisiting Bane's history could be a good idea for a new EU novel to tackle, or even a film. Heck, even a flashback or some clear-cut exposition in a film about a past Banite Sith Lord like Darth Plagueis can elaborate on this history.

Speaking of which, I'd love to see a spin-off film about Plagueis and a younger Palpatine, especially if they do intend to decanonize the Plagueis novel. I'd love to see the story of Palpatine's Sith Master unfold onscreen, whether or not he appears in any manner in the ST, as many have speculated. Throwing out the past history about Plagueis, while disappointing, as I loved how the character was portrayed by Luceno, would be interesting to see the Story Group's take on the character, who played a key role in the seduction of Anakin Skywalker and the near-completion of the Sith Grand Plan.

Edit: I suspect the Sith homeworld of Moraband, or rather Korriban, as I'd prefer, would play a role in future stories since it has also been officially deemed canon; it has an entry in the OS! The power of the dark side is strong here, and I'd love to see it in a live-action film setting exploring Sith history.

25. Ichthyocentaur

Ichthyocentaur Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 25, 2014

Star Wars: Conceived Through The Force

Starring Sasha Grey

Rated X

Coming to a disreputable theater near you

Valairy Scot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.