main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Anthology: News and Rumors (General Discussion Welcome)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TtheForceHurts, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    IMHO the Schmoes Knows post is working off old information. Kasdan probably wrote a treatment and/or draft for the Fett movie that will now be completed by Whitta.

They can't swap the Solo and Fett movies because I suspect there's a chronlogical sequence to the two films.

Redimet, Dewback and Adi_Gallia_9 like this.
  2. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    And Gary Whitta just tweeted :

"Gary Whitta@garywhitta 23h
    Hellooooo UK! :)@THR: 'Star Wars' Spinoff to Be Filmed in U.K. http://j.mp/1pFeZvs

So this first spin-off is definitely the one he is writing. I imagine the info about Kasdan is old/no longer correct.

3. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I quite like Schmoes Knows. They're good guys, always on the level. However, I'm a little disappointed in them with this. This "article" just looks like a cynical attempt at gaining traffic. Nothing new is said at all.

4. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    Drew McWeeny is adamant that Edwards is not directing the Fett film. So I'll now revise my opinion: Edwards and Whitta are making Red Five (hence Edwards' comment about joining the Rebel Alliance), Josh Trank and Lawrence Kasdan are making Boba Fett (hence why no writer was paired with Trank in the announcement) and Kinberg will write Solo.

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Now that we've settled into our new Spin-Offs home here, I've added "general discussion and character poll" to this thread's title. As you were.

GGrievous likes this.
  6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
  7. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    dat thread title :p

EHT likes this.
  8. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Production Weekly, which is a legit weekly subscription-only magazine that offers people in the entertainment industry with a breakdown of what films and television shows are in development, have offered a preview of the issue that's to be released next Thursday. In it they list the first two SW spin-offs, this is what they say: Untitled Star Wars Spinoff” (Boba Fett) and Untitled Star Wars Spinoff” (Han Solo). I don't subscribe to it, but I do check the site every day. This is the first time they've put this and have been so specific as to what they're about. As I said, it is a completely legit source, so I think it’s safe to say that the first two standalone films will centre on Boba Fett and Han Solo. Looks like that leaked schedule may be on the nose. Red Five, here we come (hopefully)! Here's the link to their main page. I highly recommend checking it out every so often: http://www.productionweekly.com/

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  9. Justrec

Justrec Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 13, 2014
    This is terrible news in my opinion. I didn't want origin stories in the first places, but Han Solo? That's going to be garbage. His life wasn't relevant before he met Luke. Sure you can tell the tale of him and Chewie, or how he got his ship, but that would be a complete waste.

Dewback likes this.
  10. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Ehhhh. Boba Fett, fine. I don't particularly see a need for it but I can get behind it if done right. But I'm having a really hard time wrapping my head around a Han Solo film.

Justrec and Dewback like this.
  11. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    Tbh, I never really understood all the hype for Boba. I guess it comes from the EU and the fact that he never really did **** in the movies. I mean, he's got a cool outfit and seems like a cool guy, but I never really had a need to see more of him.

BARDAN EDIT: You need to star out the entire disallowed word.

cwustudent and darklordoftech like this.
  12. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    LFL hyped him well before any EU novels. Costumed appearances, the 1978 Holiday Special and a 1979 action figure all pre-date his appearance in ESB. He was the OT's answer to Darth Maul.

Krueger likes this.
  13. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    markdeez likes this.
  14. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    Thank the Maker!!

Abadacus likes this.
  15. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
  16. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    Where the heck is the Darth Vader option?

Redimet likes this.
  17. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    Right? I really want to see him after he becomes a machine has anyone read Dark Lord Rising that book is epic!

18. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    That would be an interquel, not a spin-off. Nonetheless, I want to and expect to see it.

19. shingi_70

shingi_70 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 24, 2014
    So i'm guessing that the first spin off film is going to be the often times rumored film that's a seven samurai remake. An expanded version of the clone wars episode Bounty Hunters but using former Jedi as the main characters.

20. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
  21. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Luke, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Darth Vader, and Han&Chewbacca.

22. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    you didnt put luke down. i mean now that the eu is gone, we will need some Luke adventures. but going by the list, it would be good to see some young Han Solo adventures where he rescues Chewie from slavers and such

dolphin likes this.
  23. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I want a spin-off that follows a Royal Guard. Royal Guards look badass to me.

24. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014

I've always liked the idea that they are Jedi that Palps captured and through the Force tortured until they were mentally broken drones, both lost to themselves and the Force, willing to die for him without question.

Iron_lord likes this.
  25. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Qui-Gon's quest for immortality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.