main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Anthology: News and Rumors (General Discussion Welcome)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TtheForceHurts, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    Part of me thinks this deserves it's own thread.

What I find most interesting it how this might relate to Rebels. Myself and a lot of other fans had begun to think the series would inevitably become about the death star plans.

I also find it interesting that even Lussier admits that parts of this rumor don't make any sense.

Artoo-Dion and starocean90 like this.
  2. -Redacted-

-Redacted- Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2013
    I really really really love the idea about it being an "oceans eleven" movie about stealing the death star plans. It's different but kinda cool in the same way.

Plus, the idea of characters being Connected in other films is a plus of being apart of a singular story universe.

3. Kuestmaster

Kuestmaster Jedi Master star 2

Nov 17, 2012
    I like the rumored concept of the film. A heist of the Death Star plans a la Ocean's 11 but with bounty hunters could be quite good.

What I'm not sure I like it's if the Falcon is in here too. It was clear that the ship was in Han's possession for a while, he made "some modifications" as he told Luke. I don't know how that fits timewise with the bounty hunters having the Falcon and using it to steal the plans.
    All in all, seems that the report that said the ship was built so it could be used in the spinoffs as well was true all along.

4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  5. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Jimmy Smits is ten years older than he was in ROTS. He's at the perfect place to play the role of the mastermind, Frank Ocean type. He finances the Rebellion, so he gets the team together.

6. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    If true then this means that the Rebels crew will not steal the Death Star Plans.

7. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    I LOVE this concept, and hope the general gist is true. The possibilities for synergy with Rebels and The Force Awakens is STRONG with this one. Would go even further to tie the whole saga together. We'll see!

8. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    If this is the route they take, I'm all for it.

9. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    I understand Dave Filoni has specifically stated that they won't.

From the Slashfilm interview:

10. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    Great! Another movie where we already know the ending.

Blazer-Smith likes this.
  11. ifleninwasawizard

Jun 2, 2014
    Honestly, for a while now I've been thinking that Filoni quote was just him messing with us a little bit. This rumor indicates that he has been nothing but straightforward about the direction of the show.

starocean90 likes this.
  12. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    You know which of the crew would survive? Which Imperials will be involved, who may be involved later? If the Death Star plans are basically the macguffin, I have a feeling there'd be a lot more story in play that just 'hey, we got in, and we got out! Yay!' expect betrayal, surprises, and lead-ins for future material/spinoffs.

13. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I like the general concept, and I would love to see Bail Organa in this, but I hope that (if they do use bounty hunters) the bounty hunters involved are completely new characters. I don't want a reunion of the ESB lineup. Blasphemy, I know. :p

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  14. ifleninwasawizard

Jun 2, 2014
    What if this movie is about a failed attempt to steal the death star plans? If it takes place a few years before the successful attempt then Lando could still have the falcon.

Mystery Roach and Bail B. Baobab like this.
  15. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Stealing Death Star plans? Really?

Sigh.

16. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I quite like the sound of this. I can imagine a real ensemble. Potential for some great characters, both human and alien. I think the inclusion of Bail Organa is a given, IMO.

I still think the ST should be finished before we delve into standalone territory (and jump around the time-line), but oh well.

17. ArchStanton1862

ArchStanton1862 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    The general concept of an Ocean's Eleven style heist film is a good one and I can't really think of it being done with spaceships before so it has the benefit of being unique. I do have a problem with the Falcon being involved. Involving that ship shows that they don't have confidence in the brand alone to sell tickets. More problematical is the timeline. If Han just happened to get the Falcon immediately before ANH I'd be really annoyed. From this I'd say that either the Falcon is incorrect (maybe the ship was described as Falcon-like?) or the time period is substantially earlier. Not strictly relevant canonically, but at one point they did have a plot point where Rebels stole a segment of the DS2's superlaser during the events of ANH and it worked out well from a story standpoint. Maybe they're planning something like that. Although if it's too early then we'd have to know they were going to fail soooo.... drama?

18. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Yes, I really hope the Falcon bit is inaccurate. I like the idea that Han has had the Falcon for a quite a while already by the time of ANH. It sure sounds like he has.

19. ArchStanton1862

ArchStanton1862 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    It needs time to be worn in. :)

TKT and darklordoftech like this.
  20. Ichthyocentaur

Ichthyocentaur Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    What really makes me uneasy about the Falcoln rumors is the prospect of another actor playing Han during the same period Harrison played Han. Or them doing some sort of Tron-style face swap. I just don't see how the Falcoln can appear without its pilot.

21. Sons of Liberty

Sons of Liberty Jedi Padawan

Nov 17, 2014
    Either Boba Fett or Obi Wan spin off would be great

22. Couq-DK

Couq-DK Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 16, 2014
    I would say it doesn't have to be a horror film, but a love drama, it would fit really well into the Star Wars generally stories about the downfall of a great person, perhaps shred some new light on a person we all deem viscously evil, perhaps his backstory will make us be less convictive on his reasons to hate the jedi/republic so much.

Not only would it give us his back story, but also a drama of a young person growing up in despair and conflict, bound to fight for his world to be free. It would show the inability of the jedi/republic to help and thus set the stage for more sympathy with his character.

Plus perhaps they can do a better "Anakin becomes Darth Vader" scene with his cyborg implants this time around, I always found that scene to be a little lacking.

23. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I enjoyed the adventure serial feeling of the early Tales of the Jedi comics. They discover new planets and the villains range from Hutts to failed Sith apprentices who settled for being planetary monarchs.

24. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
  25. xVentress

xVentress Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2014
    1. Darth Plagueis
    2. Mace Windu
    3. Boba Fett
    4. Luke Skywalker (Between Episodes 6 & 7)
    5. Asajj Ventress
    6. Lando Calrissian
    7. Bib Fortuna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.