main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Anthology: News and Rumors (General Discussion Welcome)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TtheForceHurts, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I desperately need to watch Willow again so I can knuckle down and finally get through the entire Shadow Wars trilogy.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  3. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Chris Lee's de-aged cgi head on a young actor's body

TKT and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  4. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    :D You're terrible.

Immortiss, Darth Chiznuk and T-R- like this.
  5. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
  6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    No! Benedict Cumberbatch of course! BC should play ALL characters!

Immortiss likes this.
  7. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    No he should just be the voice of R2.

8. themuzikman

themuzikman Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 20, 2013
    I think one spin-off, if not any more, could be about new characters from the ST... If Luke has children in the sequels, then obviously he will have a love interest, unless they were "conceived by the force" like Jesus, or Anakin, but then there would still be a woman involved, anyway I digress...

They could make a spin-off about the history of this woman, probably taking place during the OT, so we would actually get to see some of the things we love about classic SW again... they also wouldn't have to deal with trying to find an actor to nail a part as a younger character we already know and love... just an idea...

edit: and i also think that surely in the future there will be spin-off movies that aren't origin stories and will just broaden the star wars universe... i mean as it stands right now, film-wise, we only have part of a central story spanning about 50 years... but the star wars universe is so huge that they're going to have to exploit it bring some more of it to the screen at some point... think whole new story besides empire/republic stuff, completely new worlds, characters, etc.. almost like a completely different universe, but then slapping the Star Wars logo on it... who knows what will happen...

9. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    But, but ... why?

Why not just make new sci-fi films? What, we'll watch any nonsense with a certain brand name attached to it? Is that what it means to be a Star Wars fan?

I think ... I think I'm not a Star Wars fan. I mean, for years, I was sure I was. I watched the OT over and over again. I borrowed every EU book I could get my hands on from the library. I scoured every page of DK's guides. I played hours of the video games. I even convinced my friends and family to play the Interactive Board Game with me once or twice.

But I have no interest in seeing a bunch of generic popcorn movies just because they happen to share (part of) a name with some of my favourite movies. I know, I know, I guess I'm just one of those weirdos who finds that one film having the same props as another just doesn't excite him the way that originality and innovation do.

So yeah, I guess someone needs to tell me where to send my lightsaber.

jaqen, TKT, Dewback and 1 other person like this.
  10. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    No that would be extremely lightsaber of you.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  11. Jedi Comedian

Oct 27, 2012
    Well, obviously. But would it be more lightsaber to hold on to it? I honestly don't know.

12. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Well that would be totes lightsaber!

13. Jedi Comedian

Oct 27, 2012
    Well then I'm lightsaber if I do and lightsaber if I don't.

I can't not lightsaber!

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  15. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    According to the logic of TFN, yes.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  16. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I hope one of the spin-offs explains the origins of the lightsaber.

17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    definitely a possibility

18. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Hopefully it doesn't turn into a boring documentary.

19. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I don't want the spin-offs to be called "Star Wars". Not using the Star Wars name could open up many possibilities that would otherwise be restricted by the brand.

Mystery Roach likes this.
  20. themuzikman

Dec 20, 2013

It's not necessarily something I want to see myself, except out of curiosity, but I guess I meant I could see Disney doing that maybe 20 years down the road after other SW films are exhausted and they want to expand the SW universe... if executed properly, it wouldn't necessarily be a fan disservice... just imagine a brand new Star Wars without the republic/empire conflict or the story of a Jedi's journey to become one with the force, and a whole new set of stories/ issues that still feel like SW, but just nothing we've seen before, if that makes sense...

21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I want an X-Wing and Tie Fighter movie.

22. Jedi Comedian

Oct 27, 2012
    I just feel that, if it's nothing like the Star Wars we've had before, why not make it an entirely original film? There's no harm in another sci-fi film feeling like Star Wars, but if the characters and the story are completely unrelated, you might as well let it live as its own thing.

There's also that qualifier "if executed properly". Almost any idea could be an amazing film "if executed properly". As such, it becomes a meaningless phrase.

By the way, thank you for your civil and well thought out reply. I had worried that you might feel like my last post was an attack on you, when in fact it was merely an airing of some frustrations I have with the concept of infinite spin-offs.

23. themuzikman

Dec 20, 2013
    Well, if it was its own original film, then it wouldn't be Star Wars and I wouldn't want to go see it ;)

And no offense taken. By the way, "I think ... I think I'm not a Star Wars fan. I mean, for years, I was sure I was. I watched the OT over and over again. I borrowed every EU book I could get my hands on from the library. I scoured every page of DK's guides. I played hours of the video games. I even convinced my friends and family to play the Interactive Board Game with me once or twice." you just described my childhood, except I still pop in a VHS of one of the OT films every night when I got to bed ... And that board game, I bet I still have it somewhere. That video with Vader used to trip me out, I thought he was actually interacting with us somehow hahaha

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  24. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I honestly feel like a Boba Fett spin off would fail miserably UNLESS Fett is miraculously revived and is part of the ST and we see how he survives.

Outside of the die hard fan base, nobody cares about Boba Fett. He had cool armor but was an insignificant character. He's like Wormtail from Harry Potter. Yeah, that's a wet dream for fanatics, but they alone cannot perpetuate the popularity of a movie. No following=no demand=no success at the box office. Disney has to tread lightly after what happened with Lone Ranger.

Han yes
    Yoda absolutely
    Obi-Wan perhaps (again, if his spirit is somehow important in the ST)

There will be arguments I am sure, but everything will need to be somehow anchored to the ST since that will be the pivot point for SW's life in the next few years.

Krueger likes this.
  25. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.