main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Anthology: News and Rumors (General Discussion Welcome)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TtheForceHurts, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Maybe Vader is not moving at all, awkwardly frozen in mid-strike, paralyzed by his sudden onset of lavaphobia.

2. AhsokaFan88

AhsokaFan88 Jedi Knight

Sep 16, 2013
    I'd love a General Grievous movie.

3. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Me too... :)

4. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Trioculus spin-off for me please!

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  5. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

sons_of_anakin_tatooine Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2005

[​IMG]

StoneRiver likes this.
  6. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I love the Dark Times era. So I one day it looked like this I would be happy.

17 BBY:
    Darth Vader Trilogy of films based on hunting a group of Jedi.
    16 BBY:
    Obi-Wan vs. Darth Maul film (kill two birds with one stone)
    Droids TV Series (Already finished :) )
    15 BBY:
    Boba Fett Movie (Prequel to the Underworld TV series)
    1313 game (based off of minor characters from the Underworld show)
    14-11 BBY:
    Underworld TV show
    5-3 BBY:
    Rebels TV Show
    3 BBY:
    Princess Leia Spy Movie

Disney if you do that you can have my EU.

7. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

Sep 28, 2005
    why not just do dark empire without clone emporer and be done with it?

have old luke go to the dark side and have the solo twins basicly confront him similar to like esb and rotj?

8. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Because Luke going to the dark side is against everything his character is supposed to represent and supposed to be in these movies.

9. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    And also: been there, done that. Luke has already overcome the temptation of the darkside. Having him do it again is the epitome of rehash.

That was the worst part about Dark Empire for me, personally. People complain more about the clone emperor, when the idea makes perfect sense in sci-fi/fantasy world. What never made sense was Dark Luke.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  10. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    My Boba Spinoff idea (also taken from agent for the empire):

Boba and other bounty hunters are set on a bounty by Vader. He tracks down his target and it turns out its some innocent kid or the like. Boba gets a change of heart. But now other bounty hunter are after it too. Boba tries to get it to safety. But one hunter is more resilient than the others: Cad Bane. A huge fight ensues with lots of explosions and the like. Boba wins and kills Bane. He sets the kid off with the advice to stay hidden. Vader he tells that the target was "disintegrated". Vader is pissed off, but the carnage from the battle with Bane is proof enough for the truth of Boba's claims.
    Credits roll

11. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Have Jason Statham play Boba Fett and we're all set.

12. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Write and submit to LFL. Love it.

13. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Want a old republic movie with Darth Bane or Revan timeline.

Dra--- likes this.
  14. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    The votes clearly favour an Obi Wan movie, honestly it would be the easiest spin-off to pull of and probably the cheapest.
    1.You get Ewan at the right age.
    2. Plays on Tatooine, no need for big SFX, Landspeeder, some creatures, Tusken, Jawa etc. No space battles necessary (except maybe his arrival)
    3. You can take take the story from the Kenobi novel (recent, no contradictions to the new movies)
    4. You can have cool cameos (Owen and Beru, force ghost Qui Gon, Jabba maybe Evazan, Wuher, Ponda Baba)
    5. If you don't go by the novel or only loosely base it upon that, you can have Obi battle a Krayt

Dra--- likes this.
  15. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    It's a fine thing to want an Obi-Wan Kenobi spin-off, but it's just not safe to film in Tunisia nowadays; there's just too much political upheaval going on in that region. In the 1970s and 1990s, none of that was a factor; these days, Ewan would be lucky not to get his head cut off...

16. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Well, don't spoil the ending :p;)

In all seriousness though I fear this would spoil the mystery of the "No Disintegrations" line which is what made not just Boba Fett, but all the bounty hunters there so much more awesome. Plus we've kinda already seen this end on film in the movie "The Rock" when Nicholas Sparks claims Sean Connery got disintegrated by a bombing run by fighter jets so his boss couldn't gloat over the body... hmm... wonder if the writer was a Boba Fett fan come to think of it now, lol.

17. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    As far as I know they filmed the Tatooine scenes from ROTJ in the USA, Arizona IIRC. Although not going to Tunisia might sound like sacrilegue, I think there are plenty of "safe" deserts to shoot. I was in Namibia a few years ago and the scenery there is great, You could film Tatooine in the Kalahari and Geonosis in the Namib... Plenty of german movies are shot there as well, infrastructure is good, etc.

18. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

Sep 28, 2005

not saying i want a obiwan spinoff but the first ironman regarding the dessert scenes was filmed in california if i remember correctly so they could just film there

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    No, I suspect they really would love a General Grievous movie, hence the *I* to specify where the preference originated from. I haven't done a full study of the original post, but it almost resembles a personal opinion. Further examination pending.

Dasan, Darth Chiznuk and Dra--- like this.
  20. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

Sep 28, 2005

to me greivous was the worst thing in rots. thats just my and my own opinion.

ive said before episode 3 was the only good ( not great) film from the pt but i think grievous kind of ruined the whole jedi/sith and how they originally say. same with the midichlorian argument

i think what gl shouldve done was flesh out more of palpatine in his two alter egos of being a senator and sith lord and have that lead into his revelation to anakin.

but of course just to push merchandise he decides to run with a robot trained by dokku to learn the ways of fighting with a lightsaber.

that was the only thing really i didnt like about 3 other than that still a better movie compared to eps1 and eps 2

Darth Archimage likes this.
  21. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Did somebody say

[​IMG]?

22. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    The best scenes of PT were indeed the dessert scenes.
    They used practical effects, too!

Lazy Storm Trooper and Dra--- like this.
  23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  24. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    I hope Abrams hires the same bakery for the Sequels.

25. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Darth Dessert.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.