main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Anthology: News and Rumors (General Discussion Welcome)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TtheForceHurts, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    EPVII: A Sweet Pudding

Lazy Storm Trooper and Dra--- like this.
  2. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    Of course, this is all hypothetical from minute one, but yes, there are indeed numerous other desert environments to shoot in, if Disney/LFL really wanted to go that route. And yes, they could indeed shoot in any of those other places and get most of the flavor of Tatooine without a hitch. But while I myself wouldn't necessarily say it applies to me (I'm not personally invested in such a spin-off because I'm not convinced there's all that much to tell regarding Obi-Wan in exile), the whole "sacrilege" argument you mentioned probably would have some validity. No one's going to convince me that fans would be happy if the filmmakers were forced to, say, move and recreate the entire Lars Homestead pit in somewhere other than that hotel in Tunisia. At best, they'd grudgingly accept it, but they sure as hell wouldn't jump up and down for that; they'd more than likely start looking for all the little differences and inaccuracies that would almost certainly crop up if you rebuilt a set in an entirely different country. And you don't want your core audience coming into this hypothetical film with a spirit of grudging acceptance; you want them coming in absolutely PUMPED.

3. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    As I said, they did not do any jumping, when ROTJ was filmed elsewhere, or when Obi's original hovel was changed digitally for ANH:SE. Concerning "not much to tell", if you have the time, read "Kenobi", the best SW novel in a long time, a long time.;) If you go by the novel, you would not need the Lars homestead as a set, since the only part in the novel that takes place there was already shown at the end of ROTS. A Kenobi movie could also be used as exposition for the whole force ghosts/netherworld/chosen one stuff, with Obi meditating and communicating with Qui Gon.

4. Revenge of the Dak

Revenge of the Dak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 27, 2012
    [​IMG]

5. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003

There is one Bane and one Bane only:

[​IMG]

Other than that, I guess I must be really the only one who never got fond of Boba Fett... [face_plain]

6. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    There are far too many villains named Bane.

7. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I dunno. Lying to Vader is pretty badass too.

Dra--- likes this.
  8. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

sons_of_anakin_tatooine Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2005

in speaking of bane what about tom hardy for star wars?

if you never saw the movie title warrior id say see it. its the rocky version of mixed martial arts

[​IMG]

9. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    When I want to watch Tom Hardy beat people up, I prefer Bronson.

10. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

Sep 28, 2005

another great film.

11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    They should film all of the scenes on the moon.

12. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

Sep 28, 2005

your killing me here because now i want duncan jones to write and direct star wars

Dra--- likes this.
  13. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012

14. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I figure that there were individuals who could do one trick, got together, and gradually figured out that there was single underlying thing that gave them all their ability. let's say for instance, there was an individual who could influence weak-minded folks, and an individual who could Force-choke, and an individual who could lift rocks, and so on. Then they all had a conference (with Powerpoint slides and poster presentations) and, while yakking about methodology and R and P values and the like, figured out there was a single energy field responsible for it all, and published it in the conference proceedings. Hey, I'd watch it. :D

Circular Logic likes this.
  15. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    That certainly casts my potentially oh, so gripping tale of spiritual discovery, mixed with a dash of action/adventure, innate striving for community and the quest for justice into a different light! :p

Hell, if they slapped the name Star Wars on it, I'd probably watch yer thing, too.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  16. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
    Hey, we should combine our efforts! Let's get together, write a script, and submit it to LFL/Disney. I foresee great sums of money in our future! [face_money_eyes]

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  17. TtheForceHurts

Jan 28, 2010

And now it seems like they will indeed move to New Mexico

http://www.starwars7news.com/2013/09/star-wars-episode-7-to-be-filmed-in-new.html#more

18. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    While it does seem like a logical choice, based on the pictures of the place, I'm somewhat sceptical of that site and it's claims.

Dra--- likes this.
  19. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Yeah, isn't this the same site that ran some fans obviously fake tale of getting canned by LFL? Any site that runs that garage can't, unfortunately, be trusted.

20. TtheForceHurts

Jan 28, 2010
    At least their news roundup is preety accurate and they have a news report linked. That's more substantial than anything ElScoopbe gave us...

21. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    I really want to see a Qui-Gon Jinn movie set sometime before Obi-Wan became his apprentice. Maybe we can see Jinn's first apprentice and by the movie end we see a kid Obi become his new apprentice.
    A Darth Maul movie would be a must as well. It would also be nice to see an Obi-Wan movie set between ROTS and ANH.

22. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I just hope that, one day at least, we get a movie set in the KOTOR days. As of now, I'm at peace with a "When Han met Chewie" film. Could be fun. A Boba Fett spin-off just leaves me feeling cold, though. Can't explain why, as I actually like the character. I guess it’s because I just struggle to imagine a whole two-hour long film with him as the protagonist. I just don't think his character has it in him, whereas Han, for example, does.

23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm all for a new character.

24. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
    If you're not interested in a General Grievous movie, don't go and see it. Really, it's that simple. Not going to see it = no General Grievous movie for you. Everybody wins.

Plus, I saved you some money. Now, since you obviously didn't think of this idea yourself, I think if would be fair of you to pay some of the money you saved to me--let's say, half.

AhsokaFan88 likes this.
  25. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Scrap the 'origin stories'.

Let Joe Johnston do a bounty hunter western (with or without Boba Fett), and bring the Seven Samurai Jedi film concept, sans Snyder, to the big screen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.