main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Spinoff film eras

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by AveKender, May 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AveKender

AveKender Jedi Padawan

Mar 27, 2017
    Is anyone else bugged that the spinoff films all take place in the Dark Times? That is to say, between ROTS and ANH. I personally would live to see an adventure involving some original characters between ANH and ESB. The main character could be a lost Jedi Knight who comes out of hiding after sensing the destruction of his home planet of Alderaan, grappling with his temptations to fall to the Dark Side as he takes on the task of locating and destroying Darth Vader. In the same film we could have a subplot where the Rebels are scouring the galaxy for a new base of operations due to Yavin being compromised. They seem to have struck an uneasy alliance with a pirate syndicate in the Outer Rim for this purpose, but just when the Rebels feel safe the pirates sell them out to the Empire. At the end of the film our lost Jedi confronts Vader on the flagship of the Super Star Destroyer and reveals to him that the boy who destroyed the Death Star was (drum roll) his son!

2. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    How would that "lost Jedi" know that Vader is Anakin and that Luke is his son?

3. AveKender

AveKender Jedi Padawan

Mar 27, 2017
    Idk. I wrote it by the seat of the pants. It's got a lot of holes.

4. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I'm not bugged by this at all.

Also, the timeline you are talking about is pretty well covered in the comics - we already know how Vader found out about Luke and his reaction to it. I also think they would be more limited in their story telling, recasting Han because it's well before we first see him in ANH is one thing, but recasting any of the OT characters in a movie that takes place during the events of the OT is a pretty big risk I don't see Lucasfilm taking.

5. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    I'm bugged by Disney doing pretty much everything with the OT template. So an ANH-ESB spinoff would just bug me more.

Plus, Rebels has already done the lost Jedi coming out of the shadows (multiple Jedi, actually), grappling with the Dark Side, obsession with beating the Sith, confronting Vader, Rebels looking for bases, allying with pirates - except that Rebels actually did it with strong character arcs and a proper conclusion. This idea just ends on a tentpole rather than a dramatic resolution for the main character.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  6. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006
    They are going to be making Star Wars movies every year (eventually two or more most likely) for the next hundred years and beyond...I’m sure there will be dozens of films in every era. Patrience!

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Bazinga'd likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.