main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Spinoffs you want to see?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darthmaul208, Mar 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    So I just wondered what spinoffs do people want to actually see?
    I know some have been thrown around but do people want to actually see them?- Boba Fett, Han Solo, Yoda. etc
    Remember these are to be "origins" of some sort but not exclusively so feel free to suggest anything.
    If you suggest something say why you want to see it and if it's based on something in the EU give us a brief description and reference.- I haven't read much but i have a basic jist of the stuff.

My suggestion. A Duo Prequel to the PT. Featuring Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan on some mission. Count Dooku leaving the order, Yoda perhaps on a mission, Most elements of Plaguies incorporated as well, Palpatine's rise to senator. Naboo explained. A look at the republic with Valouroum as well. Sifo-Dyas as well.

Why i want to see this - because Qui-gon was very underdeveloped and after TCWBC i want to see more of him., Plaguies has been teased and i really liked the book.

NOTE if this doesn't belong feel free to move it but notify me first. using the @ feature. I couldn't find a section or anything like this so did it here. Moderator NOTE. Should we get a Sequel Trilogy section or a spinoff section? or are these to be combined?

2. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Darthmaul In the 7SA forum there is at least one thread dealing with Spinoffs.

3. Kess Banta

Kess Banta Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 23, 2014
    Obi Wan after he drops off baby Luke.

A drama about his PTSD over all that happened, survivor's guilt, trying to establish a life in hiding on Tatooine without using any Jedi skills, no more missions, no more lightsaber, day in and day out of reflection all while trying to protect and raise this icon of his and Anakin's mistake, and the eventual shedding of the Code. "I was once a Jedi Knight like your father." He speaks in past tense.

I've read one of the young adult books, but the real story, I think, has a lot more richness of pain and interior struggling than suitable for young adult audiences.

Bail B. Baobab and Darthmaul208 like this.
  4. The_Riddler

The_Riddler Jedi Master star 3

Aug 6, 2013
    no offense but that Obi-Wan films sounds incredibly boring :p

Obi-Wan sitting around in his cave thinking about his past doesn't scream "ONLY IN THEATERS NOW!" :p

If I had to see a spin-off and I'm not thrilled about the idea to be honest, call me a heretic but I don't think any Star Wars character is strong enough to have a stand alone) then I guess it would have to be a Palpatine or a Han Solo one.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  5. Kess Banta

Kess Banta Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 23, 2014
    Yep, Riddler, ;) I'm sure it does.

6. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    You know I love you mate [:D] but in this case I'm with Kess. Obi-Wan is about the only character I could see a strong standalone working for. :)

7. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    I would like to see it as well but wasn't this one in the Kenobi book? I haven't read it but might pick it up for my birthday.

8. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    What I would want to see: anything about Yoda (during any pre-PT time frame) or Obi-wan not long after ROTS. Not sure if there would be a good enough story for Obi-Wan during this period (I haven't read Kenobi so I can't say if I think that would be a good story choice), but if someone could come up with one that would work as a movie, that's something I would want to see.

Reasons: I love Yoda and it would be easy to do him at any stage in his life since correct actor age would not be a factor. For Obi-wan, I also just love the character and would really love to see Ewan portray him again [[face_love]] , especially in something where he is the main focus.

I'm on the fence about a "young Han" spin-off. I love Han as a character but it would probably be very hard for me to accept another actor playing him, though maybe it could work if the new actor had enough of a resemblance to HF and was a good enough actor to do a good job of "connecting" the two portrayals (as Ewan did with connecting his Obi to Sir Alec's).

Darthmaul208 and Bail B. Baobab like this.
  9. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    Oh hey! An 'apprentice' Palpatine training under Darth Plageus the Wise would be fascinating to see. Although I only have a limited knowledge of EU, I understand there is a novel about those years- I'd love to see it.

Pensivia likes this.
  10. DahJediMan

DahJediMan Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2014
    I wanna see an admiral Ackbar spin off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.