main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Spirit Warriors of Angharad *COMPLETE* Link to MS Word version available 8/4

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by poor yorick, May 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    I finished reading part 31. Now i have, *sigh* 353 parts to go in this wonderful fic. Not that that's a bad thing, but its hard to concentrate on reading when your tired.

2. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Well i finished reading part 38. It's looking really good so far.

3. sentinel75

sentinel75 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2004
    This isn't really the place for a challenge, but I don't know where else to put this...

Although I don't explicitly watch Big Brother in Australia - I just get the second-hand news - I've got this idea stuck in my head of Anakin Skywalker as one of the housemates, on this planet - not in the GFFA - and incognito of course. Anybody want to take that up?

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Don't make me snort soda up my nose! It's not nice!

5. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    You know . . . I think that people were actually talking about setting up a round robin or RPG like that. The people in the house were supposed to be the bizarrest combination possible, no matter if the characters couldn't know each other within the SW continuum, or the scenario otherwise couldn't happen. I wanted to have both Anakin and Vader living in the house. Obviously, they'd never show up at the same time. Vader would do things like get jelly in the peanut butter, and then Anakin would deny all knowledge when people confronted him about it. I thought it should remain forever unclear whether they were really the same person or not. I also thought Shmi should be there, and yell at Vader a lot. "You come back here and clean up this planet you just destroyed, young man!!" "Aww, Mom . . . not in front of the Imperial officers. You're *embarrassing* me."

And I very carefully kept the phrase "tent pole" out of this installment, despite the fact that it would have been a lot easier if I could have used it. :p

Obi-Wan felt the first tingling of danger soon after he exited the Pass. He couldn?t tell where the threat was coming from, and that was what worried him. All he could sense was that there was some predator besides Perahta out in the Anghara forest.

He had planned to arc his speeder around and head back toward Nidawi as soon as he was out of the steep mountain cleft that contained the Three Sisters pool and the mouth of the Shasti, but something warned him: //Don?t.// The danger that stalked him felt too vague to have any real shape or name, but the Force whispered that if he returned to his companions now, he would be bringing more than aid to them. Better that he stay as far away from them as possible.

For a time he just sped southward through the trees, with no plan about where he was going or what he would do when he got there. //Focus on the moment,// Qui-Gon would have told him. //Don?t second-guess what the Force is going to reveal to you. Just be listening and ready to respond when it speaks to you.// That was Obi-Wan?s absolute least favorite way to deal with a threat, and he preferred to avoid that particular method whenever possible. He recalled being dragged across the Shasti?s murky bottom by the swift current, and wondered what *was* it about that river valley that caused him to keep having to practice putting trust in the Living Force.

The sense of uneasiness only increased as he followed the river?s bends southward toward the hill country. Every instinct he had screamed at him to reach for his lightsaber?which, of course, he wasn?t wearing. All he could do was tighten his grip around his makeshift defense weapon and be ready to ignite its force shield at any moment.

The creeping, directionless sense of unease was faintly familiar, and, oddly, the first thing that came to mind was the poisonous whisper of danger he?d first picked up on the Trade Federation ship where he and Qui-Gon had become the targets of Nute Gunray?s hamfisted assassination attempts. That was the first time he?d felt that strange sense of danger lying everywhere and nowhere, although unfortunately it wasn?t the last. Obi-Wan recalled the deadly sense of malice that had filled the darkened farmyard several nights ago, and spared a grim glance downward at his ion resistors. He?d never had a chance to test their efficacy against a lightsaber?mainly because his problem was that he didn?t have a lightsaber.

He sternly crushed out the stab of anxiety that pierced him at the thought of facing a Sith while essentially unarmed. Life came from the Force and returned to it; if this was his time, then this was his time. There was even a certain comfort in the thought of passing into Oneness, where he would be ?with? his former Master and Jedi forbears, if not consciously aware of the fact.

Having essentially no other options, he leaned forward over his speeder?s steering bars and rotated the accelerator pedals all the way to vertical. Obi-Wan wasn?t

6. ithesock

ithesock Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2005
    Only you can produce overwhelming relief and numbing desperation at the same time - Anakin's arrival, and that blasted Sith's attack. Loved Obi's introspection about the onus being on the Force, as far as protection went. Not that's an easy thing to achieve, no matter *how* much you train yourself. But then, that's why he's the ultimate Jedi. :D

Superb, as usual, Ophelia. =D= [Now I want more, of course...this suspense is killing me!]

EDIT: Eeek! This thread's moving faster than a...than a...<runs out of adjectives>

7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Obi-Wan wasn?t very likely to lose his pursuer, but he?d be damned if he?d make things easy for him.

I didn't realize until I hit the reply button that I actually had tears in my eyes at that last part. You dork! Stop doing this to me! I forbid you to be this brilliant! No, actually, I don't, I beg you to be this briliant, I just am being a sentimental shmuck!

8. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    i have finished part 53.

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
  10. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Read part 59. That Sith is annoying.

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    That sith rocks my world.

12. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    Ah, and so here were are... the climactic tent-pole battle of our time!

Where's a can of Raid when you need one?

13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Right next to the sithswatter.

14. sentinel75

Mar 21, 2004
    "Attention all Sith-affiliated, squirrel-derived beings - the Jedi Expeditionary Force Commander has declared this planet a No-Fly Zone. Land immediately and prepare to be deported, or we will instruct our resident Chosen One (TM the Jedi Knights, Coruscant) to open up his unique style of Starfighter Whupass on you. The Chosen One's(TM) master also intends to ram his ion-resistor tent pole up your lower orifice, and we don't feel inclined to stop him."

15. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    LOL! Vengeance is not an insect . . . he's really more of a big, mean flying squirrel.

Which is worse, really. :p

Thanks guys, you really made me smile. :)

He didn?t have a lot of time to rejoice, however. He could hear the Sith?s speeder coming up behind him, and he flung one end of his staff backward over his shoulder just in time to block a vicious blow aimed to sever his spine. He?d wisely braced one end of the wobbly staff against the ground, and though the tensteel rod shook like a leaf in a storm from the impact, it did not bow inward far enough for the Sith?s blade to strike flesh.

The drag of saber blade against force field made a crackling, shorted-wire sound and gave off the sharp smell of ozone. An instant later, the Sith shot past him on his right. The momentum of the speeder carried the being some meters away, and Obi-Wan brought his staff around to forward guard again as his adversary wheeled around and came back toward him. This time, the creature seemed to be aiming straight for him, as if he planned on running the Jedi down.

This was not really what Obi-Wan wanted to see. He would have cheerfully traded anything he owned for a lightsaber at that moment?not that he actually owned anything. The Sith?s audacious approach just begged for Obi-Wan to duck to one side and slash the steering vanes off his speeder, but under the current circumstances, that was impossible. That, of course, was the entire point. Obi-Wan?s re-purposed tent pole could fend off blast bolts and lightsaber blades, but it wouldn?t protect him from an attack with a 900-kilogram projectile.

The Master Jedi held his ground?not that he had a lot of choice. He focused on quiet . . . stillness . . . peace, as he watched speeder?s blade-shaped steering vanes bear down on him. When the pointed metal vane-ends were less than a meter from his neck and the Sith no longer had the turning radius to change direction, Obi-Wan dropped and rolled to the side, whipping his staff upward at the Sith?s back.

Apparently the being didn?t realize that Obi-Wan?s pile-of-junk weapon had a bite, because he didn?t even try to block the blow the Master Jedi sent whistling toward him. The Sith gave a grunt of pain as the staff?s tip struck home, and his spine reflexively jerked backward. Unfortunately, none of that stopped him from shooting past, slowing, turning, and heading back toward Obi-Wan again, this time hunkered down over the steering bars and with a look of truly murderous bloodlust in his eyes. Perhaps the numbing blow across the back it would have no noticeable effect other than to make the creature angry. In any event, it appeared that Obi-Wan was about to find out.

The Master Jedi rolled up onto his knees again and moved back to neutral guard, calling on the Force to help him block out the sharp throbs of pain radiating up from his half-healed burns. A ruthlessly practical part of his mind considered his injuries and his de facto weaponlessness, and informed him that he had reached the endgame. It was no longer a matter of ?if,? but rather of ?when.? Uncharacteristically, Obi-Wan shoved that practical voice aside. Sometimes it was better to be his Master?s Padawan, and throw all thoughts of the future to the winds. //This is only the end if you think of it as so,// he told himself sternly. The future was nothing but the effect of his actions now, and so it was *now* that really mattered.

The Sith appeared to be getting ready to pass by him on the left, but Obi-Wan didn?t trust appearances. He did not alter his defensive stance at all. Rather, he would respond to whatever came to be, as it came to be. As it happened, only the Sith?s speeder rocketed by him on the left. The Sith himself leapt from the seat into the air, spread out a startling set of grayish, membranous wings, and came down with the talons on his feet extended.

This time the being was more wary of Obi-Wan?s staff, and struck it aside with his saber blade as the Master Jedi aimed a strike at his l

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, there's something that sounds patently obi-wan--trying to be his enemy's personal therapist. It smacks of the ANH duel and obviously rubbed off on ROTJ luke.

17. sentinel75

Mar 21, 2004
    Another *brilliant* chapter. I take what I said earlier about Kenobi ramming that tent-pole up the squirrel's arse... too angry a gesture, more Anakin's style.

No. Kenobi's just going to have the pole positioned *exactly* so as the creature comes into land.

I have an urge to go Photoshop a flying squirrel pic.

18. sentinel75

Mar 21, 2004
    Caption this pic!

[image=http://incolor.inetnebr.com/stuart/kikaida/wbfs2.jpg]

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    oh, force...

20. lvk1978

lvk1978 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 27, 2004
    The Sith?s audacious approach just begged for Obi-Wan to duck to one side and slash the steering vanes off his speeder, but under the current circumstances, that was impossible.

/Alec Obi/ ?Use the Force Luuuuuuke, use the Force.? /Alec Obi/

That, of course, was the entire point. Obi-Wan?s re-purposed tent pole could fend off blast bolts and lightsaber blades, but it wouldn?t protect him from an attack with a 900-kilogram projectile.

This is *so* wrong on *so* many levels. :p

What thoughts and motivations lay behind that awesome wall of hate? What other emotions might it be concealing??It was too late by that time, however. The Master Jedi had glimpsed a fear and hatred far bleaker than those the being bore toward Obi-Wan himself.

To Obi-Wan?s own utter shock, he found himself feeling something close to pity. ?Your feelings betray you,? he said, with more quiet matter-of-factness than accusation. ?You serve a harsh Master, who takes much and gives little. Why do you persist in your loyalty to him??

Even after all this time you manage to astonish me with all the small details that make this story so special. The above echoes to Luke made me tear up fiercely. And isn?t it ironic that Obi-Wan can analyze Vengeance?s problem and can?t do the same for the person he loves most in the GFFA?

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

Yes, I went to see RotS again. But this time I saw a digital version?ahhhhh, digital Obi-Wan/Ewan in all his pristine, glorious high definition! [face_love] But, yeah, RotS?

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

BTW, someone *did* do a story on a GFFA Big Brother house ? had the whole gang. It?s on this board somewhere, but I can?t remember the specifics at all. I did a half-fast search yesterday with ?Big Brother? but came up with zilch. Lo siento mucho.

P.S. I appreciate the ?No tent pole? policy on the previous chappie. I thoroughly understand its necessary use in this one. ;)

P.P.S. I finally saw my Nora DVD this weekend. Now I?m even more scared of James Joyce than before. [face_worried] And the hair combed straight back with little bushy mustache is not a good look for Ewan. [face_plain]

P.P.S. New buttons! Ack!

21. Shadowolf

Shadowolf Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2005
    I'm behind again, no surprise with all the zanyness around here (or me moving)! (not that zany-ness is a bad thing!)

I just gotta say, this line: It was as if the power that underlay the universe had itself gone mad, and chosen an avatar from among the defective. Is just a very cool line. Vengence maybe one heck of a baddie but his powers of observation are spot-on! :)

22. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    : LOL! Vengeance is not an insect . . . he's really more of a big, mean flying squirrel.

Which is worse, really. :p

You said it... not me. :D [face_devil]

[image=http://www.alcoris.com/tfn-images/sith-rocky.jpg]

23. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
  24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    What's order 67? Poisoning Pigeons in the Park?

25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Or is it the order to kill all Bullwinkles?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.