main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive SpiritofEowyn's Fanart. NEW: Protecting Younglings 12/3

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by SpiritofEowyn, Jun 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    So, I thought I'd post my Star Wars fan art here.(seems like the thing to do)

[image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/spiritofeowyn/KasritGhentfanart1.jpg]Here is my first, hand drawn and colored fanart of Kasrit(OC) and Ghent from my fic Dare to be Oblivious. Before Wiki had a picture of what Ghent looked like on it. >_<

[image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/spiritofeowyn/KasritGhentfanart2.jpg] Here is the cannon-correct blue haired and tatooed Zak. Ghent. I like both.

[image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/spiritofeowyn/BlueJayfanart.jpg] This is fanart of Kissa's story Blue Jay, in which Jaina and friends look like Chiss for a mission. So I got to wondering... what would a Chiss Jaina look like? This is the quick result.

[image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/spiritofeowyn/fratricidecover.jpg]Here is the cover of my angsty story Fratricide.

[image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/spiritofeowyn/Sithhappensico.jpg]A Starwars Icon I made for Livejournal. Feel free to use this at the site, just comment letting me know that you are.

[image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/spiritofeowyn/Twinsbannertestcopy.jpg]As soon as I can figure out how to get Photoshop to slice this- I want to turn it into the JC boards.

So, comments, suggestions :)

2. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    I really like the chiss Jaina!

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hello SpiritofEowyn, and welcome to the forum! Lots of artwork here--you've been saving up! I like your drawing of your OC and Ghent (a very interesting character, I agree!)--the style is very unique and different, and seems to be an almost caricature/anime style. The coloring is lovely--very vivid--did you use markers for this, or did you color in PS? To me, Ghent looks a little "stiff," and if you like, I could offer you some great references for figure drawing that might help you "loosen up" your figures a little (I'm forever working on figure drawing myself...I'm mostly a portrait artist...). Just let me know if you're interested. The Chiss Jaina is wonderful--she looks very authentically Chiss here! And the banner looks great (I laughed and laughed at the little "lament" across the bottom--oh, so true! ;) )--good luck on getting it used! Great start to your gallery, I would say--keep up the good work, and again--welcome!

FF

4. Goddess_Solo

Goddess_Solo Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2006
    Hey! Welcome to fanart! Nice pics. Really liked Chiss Jaina, kinda creepy. You've got a nice gallery going here, keep it up! Oh, and I ADORE Ghent [face_love]

5. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    Handmaiden_Azul: Thanks :D

FalconFan: I love your art, btw. All Illustration-quality. I have problems doing realism, but am anime-influenced.
    Yeah I didn't want to start a thread with only 1 picture. Actually Most of the coloring was done in Photoshop using 'color' and 'color burn' with varying opacities. He is a bit stiff. He's supposed to look nervous and kinda oblivious-innocent, but if you're willing to give me any references in regards to figure drawing--- I'm ALL ears. My normal art, not fanart, is better. I mostly just wanted to do some art of the characters really quick.

Seriously, any help however harsh you can give me in regards to drawing, I would be ever so grateful to recieve![face_peace]

Thanks :D I basically took a normal Jaina pic from a japanese cover, cut her out, made a new background and 'color' tooled her face and eyes and changed the outfit a little. I blurred her pupils so they were gone. I seem to like to make Blue- Jainas.

:D I'm glad you liked it! Poor Luke.

Thanks for stopping by. :D

Goddess_Solo: Thanks. She is kinda creepy, but now I can see how her own family and Jag wouldn't spot it was her first off. I adore Ghent too. [face_love]

6. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    Ok. Jaina and Jag fanart! :)

Another one-> the prequel to this one in a few days once I color it. Yes I know. bad bad coloring job. >_</ But Luke! err Look! They're cute together!

[image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/spiritofeowyn/Jainajagart1.jpg]

And two random(really, I'm not the one with the purple lightsaber...) girls playing with lightsabers.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/spiritofeowyn/lightsaberduel1copy.jpg

7. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Awwww!! Love it-love it! The look on Jag's face is too perfect: "Finally got the 'Goddess' in my arms!" :p This is just great--wonderful work on the clothing, too (and that quote is priceless! lol!). Great--and just go ahead and own it: that is you in the "girl-fight!" [face_laugh] We all want to fight with lightsabers, you know! :p :D

FF

8. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    ::fake sobs:: Oh all right, I admit it, I'm the girl with the purple lightsaber... in the Jedi temple! :Sniff: I have a purple plastic lightsaber than I duel with my friends with. [face_mischief]

Thanks :D If you like that I think you'll like the image that inspired it- the why Jag did that. (and of which I love Jag's expression even more ^_^) Although it's colored a lot less..

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/38981995/

9. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh I agree: that is a great expression on Jag! [face_laugh] I don't know if I'd be standing quite so close to Jaina, though, with that lightsaber swinging around like that! And as to hands (and yes, they're sooooo hard!)--take a look at this tutorial--there's a second page to it, too, the link's at the bottom of that first page. This is a tutorial I copied and kept with my drawing stuff, so I have it always--it's been a wonderful reference, and might help you too. Barring that, study your own hands in the mirror (in the positioning you want to draw)--study the shape and how the shadows fall on them, and it can also be helpful. Great work on the expressions, though!

FF

10. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Love the pose with Jaina and Jag! Very nice!

11. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    I really like the one called Blue Jay! It's fantastic!

12. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Hope you don't mind seeing your Jaina & Jag art in the J/J index. If you have a problem with that, please let me know.

13. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    General News: This week I should post up my random Jedi/lightsaber posing. (of course colored as if I looked that good. :p) I have to finish the careful coloring process. Much better lightsaber coloring since the advice I got recently. Whee!

FalconFan:[face_mischief] Isn't it just? I drew Jaina first, and then realized something was missing, added Jag, and knew the Correilian(sp) in him would be embaressed by her Protectiveness. ^_^

This is true, but with Jaina, lightsaber in hand... would you want to make her upset? Snuggling was the most diplomatic/safe approach. :p He sure looks nervous.

I will check that out for the hands. I found pictures for the scooped up Jaina, but my plastic lightsaber wasn't much help as a reference pic. I shall beat you Hands!::determined look::

SilSolo: Thanks for the comments on DiviantArt. I'm glad you liked it. :D

NL Skywalker: Thanks :) It took the least amount of time to do, ironically. You might like the Coverart to Kissa's Story Blue Jay, which I did which includes that art only updated with more Chiss and Jag to boot. :) (It's at her fic)

BigFatty:[face_batting] Not at all! Esp. considering I was about to request it today. :p I can post the Deviant Art J/J on photo bucket so you can display it there if you want. Yay!

14. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    I've already saved your two pics (including the DeviantArt one) to my computer to load them up to the J/J Index's Photobucket account. But thanks for the offer. :)

15. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    NEW: Solo Twins after TUF. It took me almost a month off and on to color this. My take on legacy and DN.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/42775634/

[image=http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/42775634/]

16. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow--beautifully symbolic, SpiritofEowyn--having them turned away from each other is perfect for this composition! Being "twin-bonded" the way they are certainly makes things very difficult for Jaya, I agree--but I'm also confident that our Sword of the Jedi is a lot tougher than even Jacen gives her credit for: she's going to come out of this entire mess in one piece, I know it. My two cents, anyway.

This is very "art-nouveau" in style, with the figures twined together and framed by the wonderful swirling--the only thing that bothers me is that the hand Jacen is holding Jaina with has the thumb on backwards: the thumb should be on the other side of Jacen's hand there (...unless I'm looking at it wrong...?)... And I see the little figure between them as another symbol: of their previous-but-now-broken trust...again, my own take on it.

Love the colors--it's a beautiful juxtaposition of the "light and dark" aspects, and the coloring on Jacen's side is very rich and complex--another good visual metaphor. A beautiful image!

FF

17. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    LIke I said on DevArt, it looks like a yin-yang.

18. Vandalier

Vandalier Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2006
    Real nice! I like how this piece conveys not only the total opposites of light and dark but leaves a bearing of nuance of grey in the middle-- middle ground, so to speak.

19. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005

FalconFan:
    Thanks. I was trying for as many meanings and interpretations as possible. I can definately see it as their trust and bond as well. It's vague enough. :p Plus it is the source of their problems too, although they blame Anakin's death often enough. I think she's tough too, but him betraying her is pretty heartbreaking. I think of it as Jaina-Padme. She's strong until the one she should be able to trust the most, betrays her and every one else. I think she'll come out stronger than Padme, but it's a tragic cycle. Jaina is about to reach her 'cant take No more decision breaking point' in legacy me thinks. She'll make it, but if she has to kill Jacen, will she ever know peace?

I love Art-nouveau! I was trying to imitate that 20s style, I'm glad you picked up on it. I tried to carry every line back to them in a swirling tempest, even their clothing and arms, and faces.

::tilts head a lot::: depending on how his hand is gripped I think it could work but I might end up trying to change that.

Both are complex and bits of the other blend into the other. So not purely dark and light. Jacen's colored look harsh and warped too, just like him. :p

SilSolo:
    Yup. I was going for that too. :) Thanks.

Vandalier: Thanks! :) Definately middle ground, they still at their most most basic state were made of the same material, but took on different aspects. Shading, but no true gray.

New: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/43400841/ Random Jedi posing, practice- but fully colored.

20. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Cool "Jedi poses," Spirit--the standing figure seems a little out of balance to me--the upper body seems to be tipping over behind her feet. When drawing a figure in motion this way, you need to keep in mind that the body always has a balance point over the feet--either the weight will be distributed evenly between the placement of the feet, or it will be over one or the other foot, while the unweighted foot provides a balance. If you keep a line for the body weight running down from the top of the head to the ground, it'll help you to determine where the feet will need to be for the figure to appear balanced. Hope that helps! As to the crouching figure, she looks great (...cutting a hole in the floor with her weapon, perhaps...? ;) )--sitting on the floor, elbows on her knees--a nice pose! And I agree with the reply in your DA account: the starfield looks fabulous back there!

FF

21. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    Thanks! Yeah, she's a bit unbalanced. I posed myself for the top one so it is possible but it does stretch a bit. I wanted her to look in motion but I'll work better on that. I love that starfield too! Kinda makes everything else look secondary... but still Yay. A friend of mine sent me the tutorial on how to do it. :)

And I have NEW Art. "Trying to Protect the Youngings" A young jedi padawan trying to protect youngings in the jedi temple during ROTS. Colored and shaded.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/44126560/

22. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh my! Heartbreaking!! :_|

Wonderful emotion you've captured here, Eowyn: the expression on the padawan's face is just perfect--trying desperately to do her duty to her little brothers and sisters, but facing impossible odds... Poor thing!! :_| The coloring is nice, though you might try to go for a bit more in the way of highlights and shadowing (ie., just go for deeper contrasts in the tones--just as when working in pencil, going darker with shadows and with brighter highlights gives the piece more "punch!"). The figures look quite stylized (long limbs, very slender bodies), so I'm assuming that was your intent there. I really like this one (I'm a total pushover when a piece hits me emotionally, and this one certainly does!)!

FF

23. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Hi Eowyn! [:D]
    Hey, nice to have another FF author here! :)

Woho, I LOVE Jaina's pose in your "Good and Evil". It looks awesome! [face_love]
    Could I steal the pose for an own Goddess Jaina pic, maybe? [face_blush] [face_praying] And the "Sith happens - carry a lightsaber" text? Not the whole icon, just the text. Cause I've got another idea now as well!... :)

Phantastic stuff you have here!

I agree with FalconFan about the padawan! Her eyes look so sad! Like she already knows she has no chance. [face_worried] :_|

=D= Beautiful!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.