main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Whizkid, Oct 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whizkid

Whizkid Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    Does anybody know what the release date for SC: PT is? I'm really looking forward to it

2. bowieslefteye

bowieslefteye Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2003
  3. XaeroN9ne

XaeroN9ne Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2003
    March 2004

4. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Does anyone know if the Xbox version look better that the Gamecube or PS2 versions? Ya know, like the first SC on Xbox looked better than the other two. I ask becasue this time around they are all being developed and released at the same time.

5. WindexedStormtrooper

WindexedStormtrooper Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    The PC and Xbox versions are still on schedule for their current release date. The GC version is postponed indefinitely (so are the PS2 and GBA ones) as of right now; estimates say May. PC and Xbox versions will assuredly have better graphics.

6. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    Actually, last thing I heard was that the game was on schedule for all of the consoles it's on.

7. MasterAero

MasterAero Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2002
    I saw that this is coming out this friday. (march 26th-thought all games came out on Tuesday: Amazon says it comes out tomorrow)

Anyway. I'll be getting this game fairly soon. Anyone want to meet to play on XBOX live? Everything I've read about the multiplayer sounds COOL!!.

8. bowieslefteye

bowieslefteye Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2003
    I got the SP demo for PC it is sweet!

9. eequo

eequo Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2004
    last time i checked it should be on shelves by wednesday (the 24th) I had it reserved 2 months ago.... yep.... sad

10. portman_is_so_fine

Apr 28, 2002
    How do you get past the two guards that are downstairs in the embassy. I tried everything but they can sense me no matter what.

edit: nevermind I got past it. pretty easy actually.

11. MasterAero

Aug 23, 2002
    Anyone else playing this interested in multiplayer??? I just started the single player and its COOL. Can't wait to start multiplayer.
    Guess no one wants to get kicked by me. 8-}

12. Evil-Yoda

Evil-Yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    Anyone else playing this interested in multiplayer???

Its awesome. Some dont like it though. If you have XBL send a Friend Invite to Darth Windu.

13. MasterAero

Aug 23, 2002
    My gamertag is Master Aero if anyones interested. I'll try to remember to add Windu when I get home.

14. bliv

bliv Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 2002
    Make sure you have the difficulty cranked up for the single player. Anything less and you are cheating yourself of the proper experience. I saw the hints in the demo and I instantly knew that it had to go off for me to get the full value out of the game.

15. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    I borrowed this game from a friend and was immediatly hooked! I want it so bad now but I also want like three other games as well and have no money. But from what I played I thuroughly enjoyed it. And that means a lot coming from someone who doesn't prefer stealth games.

Forcebewitya!

16. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    I heard inside the box, you can win a chance for a FULL YEAR of Xbox Live?

Confirm or Deny?

17. MasterAero

Aug 23, 2002
    JM22. Yep. You either win 2 months of XBOX Live, a year, or a home theatre. I won the 2 months, course I already have it so whoopy.

They've improved a lot of things since the first one. I like it a lot!

18. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    This is one awesome game. The SP campaign is a bit shorter than on its predecessor, but it has its moments. However, I think the draw of the game was meant to be the multiplayer. Yet, the multiplayer experience can be a mixed bag. The Live game has a ranking system that's creating far more problems than it's worth. I haven't bothered to learn its intricacies, however, many players are being royal pains by only hosting ranking games. And if they aren't doing too good in the game, they'll either drop out or disconnect the game under your feet so as to not hurt their stats (and I understand it that there is a sort of penalty system built in that DOES hurts your stats if you bail out of the game for such a reason, but I'm not sure about this.)

Then there's the players that play as Spies and instead of doing the sensible and tactically-wise creeping-to-the-objective thing, they rather play with a deathmatch mentality, engaging mercs so as to snap their necks. A really stupid thing to do considering the Mercs have stronger firepower.

Anyway, if you play online, play Free games with a good Friends list in hand and you might actually enjoy the experience better. My gamertag is ghostrider. I rather prefer playing as merc

19. portman_is_so_fine

Apr 28, 2002
    what the crap!!! i'm so freaking sick of the jerusalem level. it seems i've tried everything, but i'm probably looking over something so simple. i'm at the part where you have the find dahial(sp?) at/near the church. the two guards have just talked and i shimmy up the pipe, go through the sleeping man's residence, climb out the window, walk down the ally and pass the first two guards(or knock them out, whichever i feel like doing) then i get to the courtyard with the single guard and give him an elbow to the back of the head, and now i have no idea what to do. it seems like i've looked everywhere. help me please

20. Evil-Yoda

Evil-Yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    Im stuck at that level too... Keep trying.

21. portman_is_so_fine

Apr 28, 2002
    i already figured it out

22. MasterAero

Aug 23, 2002
    I'm in the jungle level where you have to follow that guy. I'm at the point where they tell you use the sticky cam to listen in. I get to a door where he's talking to another guy and when I enter the room it tells me the mission is over. Was I suppose to do something back near the house? I'm confused.am I just suppose to open the door and shoot a sticky cam into the room.

Help me..you're my only hope. 8-}

23. Theron

Theron Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2000
    While he is talking to one of his guys, shoot a sticky cam near them and listen in. You need to get the password. And that's the only way to get it.

24. MasterAero

Aug 23, 2002
    Thanks, I was doing that but was too far into the doorway so they were seeing me after I listened in.

So I finished the submarine level last night. Is it me or was that sub almost identical to the sub level for the first game downloaded off of XBOX Live. Guess subs are subs though.

So am I almost done now? If so it seems kinda short. Once I finish I'm going straight to multiplayer...so look out! 8-}

25. Darth_Imran

Darth_Imran Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    It's already out for X-box and PC.

I'm waiting for the PS2 version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.