main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Splinter Cell: The Next Generation

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by PRENNTACULAR, Mar 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    IC: Johan Lindsey

The seasoned agent smiled.

"You probably know them better as contacts. Helpers is the term we used in the old days. As far as your support, I have no idea. Last I checked, you guys had full jurisdiction of the CIA and their full support, but I don't know. I say keep going on your mission, you have nothing to lose. But you better move now. Good luck."

TAG: Obi

2. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    IC: Jack Carter

Jack was half surprised. He was expecting him to say they would all be on their own. The day was bad all ready. Why not just let it get even worse?

"All right then," Jack stated. "Thanks for the help. And sorry about the whole gun thing."

Jack looked to the team. He saw a few with stains of blood on their clothing. Obviously from helping Thorr. Maybe they were the people for the job.

"All right guys and gals," he started. "We still have a man to pick up. Any questions?"

Jack was not in the mood to argue what they should do. The next guy they pick up would hopefully not be some arrogant jackass. But the way their luck was heading could mean anything.

Tag: Everybody

3. alpha_red_83

alpha_red_83 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2005
    IC: Aleksandr Vasili

"I'm going to pay you 100 Dollars to place a audio tracking bug on this man." Aleksandr fished in his pocket and pulled out a small picture and showed the bystander. "His name is Jack Carter. Don't mention this to anyone, if I find you successfully accomplished this task. I will pay you 100 Dollars extra. Deal?" Aleksandr hid the picture away and thrusted his hand forward.

"Deal." The man smiled and firmly shook the Russian's hand. "Good. You have it all planned it. I want to see it work." Aleksandr nodded and stepped away, giving the man a last glance over his shoulder.

Aleksandr bought a cup of coffee on a street vendor and took a seat at a small bench and read the local newspaper. He kept his eyes on the man and read at times, to avoid suspicion.
    TAG: Jack, any

4. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Genna Reed

Genna looked from Johan to Jack and back again. She was guessing that they were now on their own.

I mean, how do we even know this whole thing isn't set up to get rid of us?

Genna shook the thought from her mind and then looked back at Thorr, hoping he would be alright. She slowly stood up and was already at the doorway when he asked if they had any questions.

She pulled out her gun and peered around the edge of the broken in doorway, making sure no one was trying to shoot at them.

"It's clear. Lets move."

Genna headed towards the car with the rest of the team, hopping into the front passenger seat and buckling the seatbelt. She read some more on this next agent they were going to pick up after putting her gun away in its holster. So he was a hacker.

Interesting..

Tag: Team

5. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002

"Well, I guess that answers my question. Let's go," Jack ordered. As everyone moved from the house Jack was the last to leave.

"Thanks again man," Jack said, looking back into the room.

Jack left the place and sighed he strode to the car, looking at the sky. What was happening? He didn't even know what to think. Finally reaching the driver's door he sit back into the car and looked to Genna and the others. He then saw Genna reading the paper.

"So what all do we know about our new guy?" Jack asked as he started the car.

Tag Genna, everybody

6. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Genna Reed

"So what all do we know about our new guy?"

"Well, he's a brilliant hacker... and a little egotistical." Genna answered without looking up at Jack and continuing to read the paper.

"Says he used to hack into several different mainframes and gloated about them... got him in trouble quite a few times."

Genna put the paper on her lap and looked up at Jack, her green eyes meeting his bluish gray eyes.

"Sounds like we're going to be having fun with this guy." She said with a sarcastic tone.

Tag: Jack

7. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002

"Sounds like we're going to be having fun with this guy."

"Peachy," Jack breathed out.

He turned down another lane. He was driving much more calmly. Of course he didn't have a dying person in the car, so that was a plus.

Out of the corner of his eye he glanced back at Genna.

"Maybe you should just shoot me now," Jack suggested dryly. "Cause I swear, I'll kill this guy if he acts up once."

Tag: Genna, anybody.

8. alpha_red_83

Aug 2, 2005

He watched as the target and a female exited the building. The informant stood at attention and called for their attention. "Excuse me! Guys! I'm lost! Can you please show me where the nearest train station is located?" The man moved towards Jack and bumped into him ,appearing that it was an accident. While he bumped into Jack he secretly attached the bug under a fold in his uniform.

The man showed Jack and his comrade a city map and apolgized for taking their time.
    TAG: Jack, others

OOC: Jeez, slow down. Don't ignore me! [face_mischief]

9. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002

As Jack drove his mind floated back onto what had happened before they left.

-------------------------

Jack's eyes grew suspicious and angry. Who was this man?

"I'm sorry, we can't help you," Jack told him. Motioning for Genna to go ahead. "We're on a business trip here."

Jack then walked away, his eyes glancing back one last at the man before he got inside the car.

-------------------------------------

Jack's mind flashed back into the present. He waited for Genna's answer.

OOC: The italics basically is past action. It's the only way I saw this to work. How many RPG's can do THAT?! Not that many. Once in a lifetime game folks.

10. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Genna Reed

Genna folded up the piece of paper and tucked into one of the pouches in her belt, able to relax a bit, especially with Jack driving like a normal person. She even rolled the window down a bit, pulling her brown hair into a ponytail.

"Jack. I'm not going to shoot you. Believe it or not, but we actually need you. We can't afford to lose another person on the team. Especially the only one who's trying to take leadership." She watched him for a moment before looking out of the window.

"Take a left here."

Genna said nothing further as she thought some more, not even taking heed to the man who stopped them to ask for directions.

11. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002

Jack half smiled, though he made sure no one could see it. He then took the turn as according to Genna.

"I'm just trying to do what's best for the team," Jack stated. "I don't want to lose anyone either. It is an un-acceptable loss."

Jack's mind drifted once again to the man. Something just didn't feel right.

"Did anyone think his timing was a bit suspicious?" Jack asked aloud. "The guy that came up I mean."

Tag: Genna, anybody

12. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Genna Reed

Genna stared out of the window while Jack spoke.

"I'm just trying to do what's best for the team," Jack stated. "I don't want to lose anyone either. It is an un-acceptable loss."

Genna smiled weakly even though he couldn't see. Talking about losses again made her memory return to her lost brothers. One dead, and the other missing during fighting. A tear welled up in her eye, fighting to break though the strong barrier of keeping emotions back during her job. She was able to push it back, trying her hardest to grab a hold of her emotions and self control. What was happening to her?

"Did anyone think his timing was a bit suspicious?" Jack asked aloud. "The guy that came up I mean."

Genna was yanked out of her saddening stare out of the window. She looked back at Jack, trying to hide the sad look on her face and in her eyes.

"What?" She shook her head, urging her thoughts to get back into focus.

"Oh, right. The man... It was a little strange... keep an eye out for anything unusal." She suggested.

Tag: Jack and Team

13. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    IC: Chris "Keystroke" Keyes
    Studio Apartment -- Russia

Chris at alone in the baren apartment he had called home for the past week. The only funishings sat in front of him, Four screens in a Semicircular arrangment on a series of desks. Wires ran through out the living arrangement, supplying power to his monsterous machines.

A keen eye would have also noticed the large posters hanging losely on either side of each entrance and exit. Benieth each was hidden a electromagnet capable of wiping the harddrive of any electronic device without adequete protection. Matching those magnetic loops were loops of smaller size attached to each of his 5 computer towers scattered before him. With the flip of a switch, they too were charged, and the data on the computers wiped clean.

Luckily, he hadn't had to used those yet.

He was on the 8th floor of a delapetated apartment complex in the run down part of town. The perfect base of operations in his opinion. Hidden cameras were stashed at both the front and back doors, the bottom and top of the fire escapes, and after each flight of stairs leading to the roof of the building, and well as one in the elevators. No one was sneaking up on him. No way. No how.

His pistol, a small .38 Special sat next to his main key board, in a location that was never out of reach, and all around him were the scattered boxes of pizzas, chinesse take out, and other fast foods.

Two screens were dedicated to showing the multitude of cameras, and alerting him if any motion detectors were triggered, while the remaining two were for his own use.

His current assignment was locating Sam, and he wasn't doing a very good job of it. For all he could do, who ever was holding him always seemed one step ahead.

Of course, the fact that Russian, and the many other languages used on the enemy mainframes weren't his native language, most weren't even in his reptoir, did hinder him a bit.

But he didn't care, he only need to know one language....

An alarm sounded...but not the 'Oh-My-God-All-Hands-on-Deck-Intrudert-Alert-Danger-Will-Robinson' type of alarm one would think they shoudl be hearing...instead a normal alarm clock type alarm, his computer screen suddenly flashing the time and date.

Pick would be any time soon. Thorr would finally be here to hopefully get him out of this dump. Sure, he wouldn't like that he had'nt found Fisher yet...but he had some good leads...and he was working with 3 month old equiptment. If they'd given him the NSA computers he'd asked for rather than this Order-By-Mail crap he would be moving alot faster.

Tag: Any/None

14. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002

Oh, right. The man... It was a little strange... keep an eye out for anything unusal." She suggested.

Jack eyed her suspiciously. She seemed very off. Could Thorr being shot have messed with her? He didn't know.

"You all right?" he asked, looking to her.

Jack was not one to pry, but this was his team. He honestly expected her not to answer, but he had to try.

Tag: Genna, anyone

15. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Genna Reed

From the uncertain look in Jack's eyes, Genna knew he had a feeling something was wrong. She looked down at her lap and then quickly back out of the window.

Great. Just great. Now he's probably thinking that I'll break down on the mission or something. Just great, Genna.

She rolled her eyes at herself, making sure no memories or sad feelings returned to her. She was now in control of her emotions and thoughts... like she should have been. She scolded herself coldly.

"You all right?"

Genna looked at Jack, putting a confused look on her face, also trying to cover up anything that could give her past emotions away.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Why?"

The car stopped in front of the apartment building, the one where their agent was at. She pulled the paper out of her belt and reread it again, making sure she caught every bit of information about this guy... it also served as a distraction from Jack's suspicious gaze.

Tag: Jack, Anyone On The Team

16. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002

Jack opened the door. She was keeping something from him. But it wasn't his place.

"I was just checking," he told her.

Jack then gathered his thoughts and began to brief the team:

"James, Jen, stay and watch after the car," Jack stated. His eyes then locked onto Ethan. "Follow us to the stairs and watch them."

Finally his eyes rested on Genna. "What floor is our buddy on anyhow?"

Jack finished and pulled out his gun. He hadn't fired even one shot today. So he had something to be happy for. He just hoped this Chris guy was even alive.

Tag: Genna, everybody

17. alpha_red_83

Aug 2, 2005

"I'm sorry, sir. I tried." The man walked up to the Russian, a grin forming on his face. "Fool." Aleksandr whispered and tossed his cup of coffee into a trash bin. "...but I did manage to place the bug on the car." The man crossed his arms. Aleksandr looked up and smiled, "Good, good. I'll pay you."

Aleksandr fished his pockets for some money, but instead he performed a head butt on the poor man. He fell on the ground, staggered for a moment. The Russian pulled out a silenced pistol and aimed it at the man, "Your purpose is met." Then PEEP! The man jerked on the floor, Aleksandr looked around and picked up the dead body and hid it away in some bushes.

He hid his pistol and looked at a small hand held device. There was a screen and a small stationary red dot, "Good. Stay there." Aleksandr went to his car and drove to the place.

When he arrived he saw the car parked in front of a building. Gladly, Aleksandr's windows were heavily tinted, he kept an eye out and decided to wait...
    TAG: ANY

18. agap_afima

agap_afima Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 2005
    IC: Ethan Cooper

Ethan nodded at Jack and checked his gun for what seemed like the hundreth time. The three headed up the stairs quietly and slowly. They reached their floor, and the other two headed in. Ethan hadn't used his gun yet, but that was probably going to change...

TAG: Jack, Genna, Anyone

19. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002

Jack and Genna had finally arrived at the door. Jack wasn't sure how this would go. He didn't know who was inside. Or if Chris was alive.

He had to be ready for anything, and he was. The day had gone so mcuh worse than he had expected. Jack knew he would have to make sure the team succeeded. It was on him.

Genna knocked, awaiting an answer. After some time, Jack spoke.

"We could always try the direct approach," Jack remarked, smirking.

Tag: Genna, DVC

20. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Genna Reed

Genna shut the door to the car with her foot while quickly scanning the page. She followed Jack to the door, her hand on one of the grips for her guns that was attached to her belt at her hip.

"He's on the 8th floor."

Genna pushed the paper back into her belt and pulled out one her pistols with a silencer on the tip. The two went up the stairs, checking each floor to make sure no one was there to stop them. Silence.

Finally the two reached their floor and found the door Chris was inside of, or was supposed to be inside. When she knocked, no one opened the door or answered. She looked back at Jack.

"We could always try the direct approach," He said and smirked.

Genna grinned and shrugged, pulling out her second gun. She stepped back and kicked her right leg out, sending the door flying inward and slamming against the wall. She peered around the corner with both guns ready to defend off any attackers, and surely Jack was ready as well.

Tag: Jack and Chris

21. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002

"You're learning," Jack told her approvingly with a witty smile.

He hold out his gun and rounded the wall.

"Chris Keyes," he called out. "This is Agent Jack Carter. We were sent by Thorr."

Jack looked around at the equipment. They certainly did give him the gear to handle the situation. With Jack also knowing his share of computer intelligence they would hopefully have no problems.

But with this job you just never knew.

Tag: Genna, Chris

22. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Nov 12, 2004
    Apartment -- Russia

Chris watched as the two people climbed the stairs towards his room, and sure he hadn't seen them before, prepared for the worst case scenario.

Well, second to worst. The worst was a complex tangle of ideas involving giant robots, alien, and a great number of the living dead. He was still working on preparation for that one, and had been trying to convince NSA to build a Bunker for such a case but they couldn't see the problem occuring, and there is no reason to sugar coat it, ever.

Picking up his pistol, he pressed his back to the wall on the other side of the bathroom door, so that he was hidden. First they pounded on his door, and then, by force, entered.

"Chris Keyes," he called out. "This is Agent Jack Carter. We were sent by Thorr."

Chris stepped from his hidding spot, gun leveled on the man.

"Just don't move. Where's Thorr?" He asked sternly, then adding "Oh, and I hope you weren't partial to any Cell Phones or PDA's on your person, as the Magnetic Coils on either side of the door just scrambled their chips. Point of Advise, never enter a Hackers Apartment with out his permission. Also, Could you ask your lady friend to step in the door as well. And I'd love it if the both of you dropped your weapons."

Tag: Jack, Genna

23. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002

Jack smiled inwardly. This guy didn't know what he had gotten himself in to.

"You don't know who you're dealing with," Jack warned. "You'll have a hole in your head before you ever get a chance to pull the trigger."

Jack's index finger rested firmly on his own trigger. He had never met this man before, and wanted to be certain this was who they were looking for.

"Thorr was shot," Jack told him. "Now drop your gun and I'd like some proof of who you are."

Jack's eyes locked directly into the man's. He knew countless points where he could injure him enough that he'd never do this again. Or he could drop him to the floor.

But he wanted to be a bit more civil.

Tag: Chris, Genna

24. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Nov 12, 2004
    Apartment -- Russia

"Whoa buddy...how do I know you aren't here to kill ME? Why don't you drop YOUR gun and show me some proof of who YOU are?"

He tighted his grip on the weapon, ready to jump back intot he cover of the wash room at a moments notice. Should this guy not check out, the remote in his pocket would wipe the hard drives, and send a distress signal to the real NSA.

25. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002

"You know something, I doubt you have the ability to dodge a bullet," he threatened.

Jack wasn't about to stand down to some nervous man. A knife hung to the back of Jack's belt. He had slid it in before he jumped from the car. If he was forced to drop his gun, he only had to get close enough.

"If I wanted to kill you, I would have done so," Jack stated.

Tag: Chris, Genna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.