main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Splinters (J/J, post-Dark Nest Trilogy novella) - Long neglected Replies 12/14

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TKeira_Lea, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Title: Splinters
    Author: T?Keira Lea
    Timeframe: Post-Dark Nest Trilogy
    Characters: Jagged Fel, Jaina Solo
    Genre: Canon speculation
    Keywords: Jaina, Jag, Dark Nest
    Notes: Wraiths hibidity dibity challenge for their Commander and Chief
    Summary: This is a short story placed at the end of The Swarm War. What happens to Jag after the end of the war?

Disclaimer: Lucasfilm owns all the rights to Star Wars. I don?t. No infringement is intended or profit to be made by me.

[image=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/beechgq/Splinters3.jpg]

[i]cover art courtesy of [b]BigFatty[/b][/i]

[b]SPLINTERS[/b]

[b][i]Man Down[/b][/i]

?[i]Command, the last of the bugs has been cleared from the scope. Twin Suns awaiting new orders.[/i]?

At the sound of Jaina?s voice trickling over his earpiece, which he had kept eternally tuned to her personal frequencies during the past month, Jag had to fight a smile. He managed to conceal it well enough by the time the bridge control officer looked his way.

?Your orders, sir?? the fiery-eyed Chiss asked.

?Tell Ja?Twin Suns to come home.? He must have been more tired than he realized. The slip of the tongue was unusual.

?Come home, sir??

?A [i]human[/i] expression,? a familiar Chiss voice answered from behind Jag. ?Do as you are told, Lieutenant Tanadahl.?

The control officer quickly swiveled back to face his station, but not soon enough to hide the hard lines exposing the shame of his rebuke. ?Twin Suns Lead, your orders are to [i]come home[/i].?

?[i]A girl rarely gets so lucky.[/i]? Jag could hardly recall hearing such pure, unadulterated happiness in Jaina?s voice. Not that he got to hear her voice often these days ?

?Colonel Nuruodo reporting to relieve you, sir.?

Jag glanced sideways at his Chiss friend, who offered her best officious bow. He leaned forward and said softly, ?Am I being admonished like Lieutenant Tanadahl, Colonel??

?Of course not, [i]Ambassador[/i].? Shawnkyr?s eyes twinkled like Chandrilan wine pouring from a flask. She was right, though. He wasn?t a command officer; in fact, he held no true rank on the bridge. But as always when the fighting became heavy and dangerous, he had assumed a leadership role. Command was where his heart lay.

?[i]Twin Suns on approach vector to[/i] Rising Storm. [i]Requesting berth assignments.[/i]?

No, Jag?s heart had made its bed somewhere far more fulfilling than any command he could ever be offered. Suddenly he was very grateful to his dear friend for giving him the opportunity to take his leave, and even more so, he was eager to take it.

Jag stood ramrod stiff, trying his damnedest to look like an ambassador who had just won a war and not a man who couldn?t wait to fall into the arms of his lover. ?Comm me if there are any problems.?

?I most certainly will ?? Shawnkyr placed a hand on Jag?s back and ushered him to the far side of the bridge, out of earshot. ?? not, [i]sir[/i].?

Jag arched an eyebrow. ?The Granjanjin Resistance has not accounted for all its cells. There is the possibility some pockets of fighting may erupt.?

?Duly noted.? She had stopped calling him sir, and Jag didn?t even care.

He grinned despite himself. ?You?re the best.?

?So I?ve been told,? she said as he walked toward the bridge lift. She might have been saying more, but Jag?s thoughts were roaming elsewhere. He only remembered the squad of Chiss military police assigned to protect the Ambassador, as they all stepped into the lift behind him. Desperately he tried to think of something?else for the next few seconds.

?[i]Twin Suns signing off, Control, and heading for the showers.[/i]?

Heat flushed Jag?s features until even his scar felt like it was turning red. No doubt she knew he was still listening, and had added the last part for his private benefit. [i]I?ll make her pay for that later[/i], he thought, then quickly banished the notion when ideas for retribution came in the form of adult-eyes-only holovids. Reaching up, he tapped the earpi

2. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Snag! Woot! First reply! [face_dancing]

SPLINTERS
    Hmm? [face_thinking]

No, Jag?s heart had made its bed somewhere far more fulfilling than any command he could ever be offered.
    Heehee! Jag?s got it bad. [face_love]

Jag stood ramrod stiff
    [face_whistling]

He fell against the door as it swished shut behind him and rested his head on the cool duranium. After one deep inhalation, calm filled his body. He could smell her everywhere.

Slowly Jag opened his eyes, taking in the disarray of his stateroom. Clothes were strewn about ? a Jedi robe here, sparring attire there ? and all he could do was smile at the sight.

Wonderful scene setting. :D There?s just something unexplainable about the way coming home can be such an escape from the rest of life, and how simple reminders of the little things we love about a paramour can bring out that smile. And great use of the senses: touch, smell, sight. It makes the scene feel so real. :cool:

?So why are you still dressed??
    Yowza! =P~ [face_hypnotized]

Chiss didn?t scream, but Jag tried. No sound escaped his lips as a face of clacking mandibles eased toward him.
    :eek: :eek: Holy crap!

?No!?

Jag awoke with a start.

Phew! :p

Well, you did have me wondering. There were just some things that didn?t seem quite right for post-TSW? Twin Suns? The way Shawnkyr was acting? Ambassador? So having it be a dream makes a lot more sense. ;)

The figure paused and raised its arms ? pincers? ? defensively.
    Wow. Jag is really wigged out. [face_worried]

Her mistake.

Jaina?s smile faded the instant she felt the barrel of his blaster pressing into her jaw.

?Don?t touch me again, Jaina, or I will kill you.?

Wow! :eek: But it?s perfect for Jag after TSW. Jaina?s been practically leading the enemy for a couple of years. Even without the Joiner aspect, he has no reason to believe that her motives are genuine. With the whole Joiner thing, he has to be extra cautious. After all that?s happened, and the betrayal Jag feels, Jaina is going to have to do an awful lot of work to earn his trust again. :(

And if you thought I was going to give you the good stuff on the first post you were sorely mistaken. Muwaahaahaahaaa!
    Who are you kidding? [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Great start, EP! :D =D= I?m really glad you decided to make time for this story, too. [face_dancing]

3. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Hibbity-dibbity!

[face_dancing] =P~ [face_laugh] [face_blush] :p

4. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    oh, this is great!

5. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    OMG!

What was that?!?!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

really good though.. I can't wait for the next chapter!!

6. JediWarriorYoda

JediWarriorYoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    With a title like man down i figured it would be about jaina getting jag out of the ravine, but then the beginning was all a confusing (not really, but you get it, right?) dream, so in the end i was right about jaina going to get jag out of the ravine. great closing line... terrific.

7. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Excellent! He's either delirious, or really ticked off!

Either way, this ought to be good.

Great start!

oldj

8. SpikeLeadJF

SpikeLeadJF Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2003
    :eek: TKL! I guess I should have guessed that something like this would come from you. After all you did write Legacy... can't wait for next Wednesday!

~SpikeLead~

9. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Ha Ha..oooh I appreciate the sneakyness Evil Author..

;)
    Nice start....

And I nice hold me over until *cough* Healing Hearts starts in two days*cough*

:)

10. Queen_Apailana

Queen_Apailana Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2005
    Great Story now if only troy denning could write this.

11. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    :eek::eek::eek:

Wow. Obviously they have some issues to work out.... Great job!

12. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Ack! I just can't help but feel bad for Jag! At least Jaina is trying though.
    Nice work, Evil Author... lots of twists & turns. You certainly haven't lost your touch! :cool:

13. jaynasolofel

jaynasolofel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2003
    Go Jag, make her work for it!!! For them to reunite in canon, I agree that Jaina has to be the one to go after and "rescue" Jag. She needs to put forth the effort, right quick.

An exciting opening and a great twist, TKL; to start with a memory disguising itself as the future. I totally missed the tells: "Twin Suns" and "Ambassador".

Favorite Lines:
    ?So why are you still dressed?? she asked as she slid into the room.
    There's the direct, determined Jaina we all remember!

?Not a tuskcat exact-?
    Someone has his tongue, alright!

He couldn?t bring himself to pull the trigger, though. ?Stop!?
    Well, it seems he wants to shoot her, even after he realized who IT is.

?Well, you?re a mess,? she said with a forced smile, crawling under the shelter towards him.
    And whose fault is that, Solo?

He will take the water, but NOT the affection!

Ok, so I am mad at Dark Nest TaatSolo, err I mean Jaina, I admit it.

I am glad the little plot bunnies bit, always a good thing for us readers. Yay!

'night
    JaY

2 days. Jag lives. Apollo in a tank-over-T.

14. Master_Vicky

Master_Vicky Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    Whoa! When did this happen? I go on a trip for a week (London is amazing!), and come back to find our fearless leader has started a new story! It's crazy! But I like it. ;) :D

Though I must say, it's taking me awhile to get through the Dark Nest trilogy. Normally I can get through a SW book in a week at the most, but I'm still on the first book and I got it two months ago. Then again, it's easier to read in a high school class then it a college class. And when I'm not in class, I don't have time to read. Oh well. I like spoilers. :p By all means, TKL, Spoil me!

-Vicster

15. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    I enjoy how several great authors here are trying to come up with what comes next. And of course I couldn't resist checking in on yours, TKL.
    At the beginning I was thinking... wait... she did read tSW, right? But alas... that was straigtened out. Quite the freakish dream to be having. Although considering the situation, I guess something out there is to be expected.
    he might not make a guant?no banahs of himself
    I think I recognize that curse. :)

And as for the ending? Didn't think he'd let her off that easy. Hopefully the rather brash threat has at least a little to do with his semi-delusional state. Those two have quite a road ahead of them.

16. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    ?Command, the last of the bugs has been cleared from the scope. Twin Suns awaiting new orders.?

At the sound of Jaina?s voice trickling over his earpiece, which he had kept eternally tuned to her personal frequencies during the past month, Jag had to fight a smile. He managed to conceal it well enough by the time the bridge control officer looked his way.

Since this is a CANON speculation piece, I had to guess that he's dreaming here. Bummer too. This is life as it should be.

?A human expression,? a familiar Chiss voice answered from behind Jag. ?Do as you are told, Lieutenant Tanadahl.?

And despite what the Chiss or even he might think, Jag IS human.

She was right, though. He wasn?t a command officer; in fact, he held no true rank on the bridge. But as always when the fighting became heavy and dangerous, he had assumed a leadership role. Command was where his heart lay.

Yeah. I always saw Jag in a more military role rather than one of a diplomat. I think it suits him much better.

Jag stood ramrod stiff, trying his damnedest to look like an ambassador who had just won a war and not a man who couldn?t wait to fall into the arms of his lover. ?Comm me if there are any problems.?

Now I KNOW he's dreaming:p

Desperately he tried to think of something?else for the next few seconds.

Trying to hold on to that famous Fel composure.

?Twin Suns signing off, Control, and heading for the showers.?

Of course, no Chiss had ever been head over heels in love with a Jedi princess named Jaina Solo, either.

Isn't that the truth.

Slowly Jag opened his eyes, taking in the disarray of his stateroom. Clothes were strewn about ? a Jedi robe here, sparring attire there ? and all he could do was smile at the sight.

Jag smiling at a mess? He must really love her.

By the time the talks had broken down, Jaina and Jag were thoroughly entrenched in the most domestic time of their lives.

Sounds...to good to be true.

?Uh??

Oh boy:D

He was utterly attracted by the tantalizing fire dancing up from the depths of her soul and radiating in the golden flecks of her brown eyes.

Oh baby, he's got it bad.

She was on fire. Ablaze with passion for him alone.

And I think it's getting a little hot in here too. Where's the cold shower emoticon when you need it?

Chiss didn?t scream, but Jag tried. No sound escaped his lips as a face of clacking mandibles eased toward him. He tried to push her away, the creature. She wasn?t Jaina. Not Jaina.

And the dream becomes a nightmare. Bummer. Just when were were getting to the good part:p

He wasn?t sure which was worse ? his quick death at the hands of some insectoid queen his imagination had concocted from his remembrance of Jaina, or his slow impending starvation once the emergency rations ran out.

The worse of two evils. I hate trying to figure out which is. I hate that right now, Jaina is one of those evils for him.

Now, two weeks after the crash, he had only two ounces of drinkable water left and no chance of getting more. The rain was so contaminated it would turn his insides to mush, and his shattered ankle made it impossible to search for viable alternatives.

Well, talk about hopeless. At least it sounds like it right now. What a really crappy position to be in, especially for Jag who is usually a take action guy.

This was an unworthy end; he should have let the Millennium Falcon blow him from the sky.
    Blasphemy!:p

I can see why he would think that though. Better for him to go down fighting, then to go down broken.

He was in no position to fight ? but he could still try to shoot. As long as he saved enough charge in the power pack for one final shot.

Ah geez. I think things just went from bad, to worse.

?Jai-na?? As the familiar fac

17. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Whoa... nice going there. I was quite enjoying that and you just up and twisted it. :D I know you've said you'll post Wed. but I'm old and forget easily. Might I ask for a PM update if you do those?

18. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    1,243,353,353.75 posts later

Now that's a start :D

The rest went unsaid. No taunting dialogue. No teasing. No foreplay. Jaina crashed into Jag, his clothes ripping off seemingly of their own accord. She was kissing him, everywhere and nowhere. His hands danced across her body, burned by the sensation of touch. She was on fire. Ablaze with passion for him alone.

Till this part it was a very nice dream ;)

Chiss didn't scream, but Jag tried. No sound escaped his lips as a face of clacking mandibles eased toward him. He tried to push her away, the creature. She wasn't Jaina. Not Jaina. This wasn't Jaina, he kept reminding himself. But the creature didn't seem to care he wanted no part of her game; she kept coming. Unavoidable. He feared she might devour him if he didn't...

This is clearly a nightmare [face_worried]

Her mistake.

Jaina's smile faded the instant she felt the barrel of his blaster pressing into her jaw.

"Don't touch me again, Jaina, or I will kill you."

Uhuh she hit the nerve there... You girl have some explaining to do...

And if you thought I was going to give you the good stuff on the first post you were sorely mistaken. Muwaahaahaahaaa!

To be honest no :p Since you wrote that this going to be a short story in Cantina ;) BTW it's not your style either to give us good stuff right away ;)

*shakes a fist at the Wraiths for cursing me with this plot bunny*

No problemo Commandero :)

19. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    [face_dancing] :eek: :eek: [face_worried] =D=
    fantastic start :D

- Mookiee

20. SoloFel_RebelGirl

SoloFel_RebelGirl Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2005
    :eek: OK...wow. I don't think I've ever gotted such an up-and-down wave of emotions from reading a fic. Something like:

:D
    :p
    [face_love]
    [face_blush]
    :eek:
    [face_worried]
    [face_praying]

Anyway, that's my way of saying =D= and that i'm [face_frustrated] you're making me wait another week...Do you have a PM list? Cause if so, i REALLY want to be on it.

~Rebel

21. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    It's here! It's here! [face_dancing] :D [face_dancing] :D [face_dancing]

*shakes a fist at the Wraiths for cursing me with this plot bunny*

Just to be clear... I believe it was your offhand remark that suggested the premise - we just begged you to write it. ;) (And you're the bestest for indulging us and actually doing it. Thanks, Commander! [:D] [:D])

Jaina drew down the zipper of her flightsuit. Jag just stood there and watched. Actually, his hyperdrive-fueled libido wanted him to watch, but he couldn?t stop looking into her eyes. They held a look that was more powerful than a dark star falling in on itself. Not powerful, that wasn?t the word. Attractive. He was utterly attracted by the tantalizing fire dancing up from the depths of her soul and radiating in the golden flecks of her brown eyes.

?Jaina?I??

?Tuskcat got your tongue, flyboy?? Jaina began shimmying the flightsuit off her shoulder.

?Not a tuskcat exact-?

The rest went unsaid. No taunting dialogue. No teasing. No foreplay. Jaina crashed into Jag, his clothes ripping off seemingly of their own accord. She was kissing him, everywhere and nowhere. His hands danced across her body, burned by the sensation of touch. She was on fire. Ablaze with passion for him alone.

Wowee! (Need. More. Smilies.) Not exactly the hibidity dibity we're looking for, but certainly more than I would expect to get in the first post! :D

Possibly there was a bug or two still out there, looking for another Chiss victim to feed its young. Out of habit he reached for his blaster, which had lain at his side since he crawled to this position propped against a rock. If there was one end Jag had no desire to meet?
    [...]
    He was in no position to fight ? but he could still try to shoot. As long as he saved enough charge in the power pack for one final shot.

Poor Jag! For a man who has grown up in a culture that believes that suicide is "wasteful and unjustifiable" - to have seriously contemplated the act not once (at the prospect of being enteched) but now twice... :_|

Oh, I don't believe that for a second (*glances again to the lines: It kept coming. ?Jag, it?s me.? / Even with two hands the blaster trembled. He couldn?t bring himself to pull the trigger, though.*) but I'm sure there's a lot that Jag will have to resolve before we get to see any real hibidity dibity.

Great post, as always! :D

22. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    hibidity dibity challenge Love it!!=D=

Can't we have one of those for the J/J index?

I have to tell you that when I don't get in on the first post of a story I can't keep focused. So when I saw a new one for you that wasn't 20 pages long yet I braved to press the enter key. I'm so glad I did.

OMG I hadn't a clue it was a dream until he woke up.

What a nightmare. :eek:

Jaina?s smile faded the instant she felt the barrel of his blaster pressing into her jaw.

Sorry to say I agree with Jag. For now.

23. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    This board is max. Pg-13 so I don't think it's possible here ;)

24. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
    dang.. someones grumpy.. i mean jags grumpy.. not you... why do you say curse the plot bunnies... all they did was give you an awesome idea for a story.. did the same thing to me last night...

25. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Shawnkyr?s eyes twinkled like Chandrilan wine pouring from a flask.

Beautiful! :D

Jag stood ramrod stiff,

*immature laughter* [face_laugh]

?Twin Suns signing off, Control, and heading for the showers.?

[face_batting]

Is there a better greeting? [face_mischief]

Chiss didn?t scream, but Jag tried. No sound escaped his lips as a face of clacking mandibles eased toward him. He tried to push her away, the creature. She wasn?t Jaina. Not Jaina.

Gah! That will kill the mood! :eek: [face_sick]

she kept coming.

o_O

He feared she might devour him

o_O o_O

Yeah, I was surprised he dropped his charric to begin with when he saw her :eek:

Wow, this was good! :D Incredible writing, great details, and the story itself is intriguing. Loved the way the story shifted into a much darker place and the way you handled it all.

Overall, a great start and a very exciting one! Can't waiti to see what you do next :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.