main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Splinters (J/J, post-Dark Nest Trilogy novella) - Long neglected Replies 12/14

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TKeira_Lea, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
  2. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    Ohhhhh...that was sooooooooooooooo good. I especially liked the part where she hears all those voices. Very nice starting and ending with quotes about a lightsaber.

Syal was brilliant, but I love Jagged Fel so much. I am eagerly awaiting your next post. [face_praying]

Janet

3. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I'm so glad you're continuing this! I forgot how much I loved it.

Jaina's dress sounds so pretty! I wish I had one like it.

Looking foward to the "good stuff" as you put it.

4. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    [face_dancing] OMG!!

What a magical post!

The lightsaber is a thing of beauty... a combination of the past, present, and future made from different parts of her life and symbolizing everything Jaina needs to hold close to her. Your description of its creation is just amazing. =D=

Syal? What a loving go-between! A mother who adores her son and has come to understand Jaina--and how much the pair mean to each other. The moment when she discovered just how well Jag knows Jaina was so real. Corellian roses it is! @};-

The bath and the dress are the stuff of a girl's dreams, all right! Even Jaina's, although many would see her as too tough to appreciate such things. [face_love] I think the whole scene was perfect. And, of course, Jag's appearance perfects the romantic moment.

I absolutely loved every word! [:D] Welcome back!!!

oldj

5. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    Wow.
    Yay for bridging. Indeed.
    :D

Thanks for giving us something more of this, TKL.

That sure is quite the lightsaber. And I have a feeling Jaina will need it.

=D=

6. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    As always, thank you beyond words to Lex for his support in getting my muse to dream once more.
    [:D]

The battered remains of her last weapon, once lost and now found, had become the foundation for a new beginning. The latest Chiss materials and a bit of Solo ingenuity added, Jaina had constructed a lightsaber like none other.
    That?s Jaina in a nutshell. ;) Not afraid of her past or her heritage, always seeking the best, and a scoundrel like her father at heart. She may play the reliable Jedi most of the time, but deep down she doesn?t trust anyone to get it right more than herself. :D

Jaina had a feeling she was going to need every trick in the book, plus some good old Corellian luck, to beat the odds she was about to face.
    [face_worried] I have to agree with her there? But something tells me the Solo luck is going to be on her side, not on the side of the twin who?s turned his back on everything he ought to value about his heritage. [face_shame_on_you]

The gems were so rare few ever had actually seen one; fewer still could claim to own one. But a Csilla ice crystal was not an impossibility for a former Galactic holostar.
    I really like the ice crystals. :cool: A very plausible gemstone from Chiss space, and of course it would be nothing less than legendary and impossible to get. How much you wanna bet Thrawn had a whole cache of them somewhere? :p Seriously, though, I can totally see Syal giving such a gift to Jaina ? as a blessing of Jaina?s love for her son, and as a token of good fortune for what lies ahead.

That's your uncle talking.
    [face_thinking] I loved the way you integrated all the quotes into Jaina?s final task of harmonizing the lightsaber. This one was my favorite, though, because of how well it ties into the LOTF story. In his own way, Luke is just as much in denial about some things as Owen was? :(

?I hate that part.?
    :p That?s so Jaina.

?No. I must go tomorrow as planned.?
    [face_thinking] She?s quite insistent about that?

Thankfully, they didn?t cross paths with any of the Fel family, not even Efnine.
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] You know, after growing up with prissy Threepio, I can completely believe that dirty and disheveled Jaina wouldn?t even want to see a droid. [face_talk_hand]

?My son insisted on Corellian roses??
    @};- Jag knows his girl. @};-

Slipping from her clothes
    [face_batting] =P~

?You look stunning.?
    :D And Jag sure knows how to make an entrance. [face_mischief]

Awesome post, EP. [face_dancing] Welcome back. [:D] I can?t wait to see the rest of this missing scene ? as well as what?s on the other side of the bridge. [face_whistling]

7. Lyne

Lyne Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2006
    Love how you show the warrior and softer side of Jaina. =D=

8. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Why didn't I see this yesterday?! :eek:

Finally, if she shifted all three crystals into alignment at the same time, the weapon would overheat in less than a second, exploding with the force of a thermal detonator. Not that she planned to ever use that feature, but at least if she had to go out in a blaze of glory, it would be a really big one.

Wow :eek:

In the simplicity of the moment, Jaina watched the strands of her life running through the fabric of the Force, through space and time, on an inexorable course. Their final destination was obscured by the haze of uncertainty, but at every turn she stood tall, this weapon of her design afire. One purpose, one existence. One sword.

That's such a beautiful description =D=

?That sounds like a good idea. You?ve got a few hours. How about a nice bath?? Syal ran her hand along a stray lock of Jaina?s hair.

Bow chicka bow-wow [face_mischief]

Thankfully, they didn?t cross paths with any of the Fel family, not even Efnine

Efine? :confused:

Slipping from her clothes

Nice [face_mischief]

This is such a great scene. Up there with Anakin Solo rebuilding his own lightsaber in Conquest. I loved all the detail you put into it, about the crystals and the tech stuff, but I also liked the spiritual connection Jaina feels to the process. What's going on in the Force as she builds it and the unseen elements that actually complete its consruction.

I also really liked the part with all the voices from the past coming to her, and her interaction with Syal was very well done.

Another excellent post, TKL :D Can't wait to see what happens next. I'll be counting the days until Monday [face_dancing]

9. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Next week - the good stuff

I disagree next week more good stuff!
    A wonderful post. I enjoyed the beauty and detail of Jania's lightsaber.
    I was glad to se more interaction between Syal and Jaina. It's nice to see her integrate into Jag's family.
    Coreillan Roses and a bubble bath? I think Jag is quicklyreplacing Obi as the man of my dreams![face_love] Or maybe I can have the two of them.....together![face_devil]
    Oops, I forgot this is a family board.

10. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Ee! I was just checking back here... what a wonderful surprise. :D

I absolutely loved the little snippets voices Jaina heard. The essence of her heritage and training. It fit so very well.

And the romance parts were just right. *sighs*

:D

11. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    wow! that was amazing! tomorrow can't come soon enough!

12. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Good Morning!

Yep it's that day, and a post will be coming this evening for sure! [face_dancing] This missing scene is so long it's going to be three posts not two! First I need to pound off some replies...

Chimpo_the_Sith: Stunning The wait was long but it was worth it

Thank you. And I think long is an understatement [face_blush]

Hmm 4 days without food and water? I know now why Jedi are bad and Sith are good. Sith would eat and drink during that time

Of course they would ;)

EDIT: wOOt!!!! I got the first reply

[face_dancing]

jade51999: Awesome. I love the use of quotations from the six films. Well spaced out and well chosen.

Thanks. *wipes brow* You won't believe how long that took me. I had about 100 quotes then narrowed them down, categorized them for theme then decided how I wanted the themes to align and flow.

Can't wait for the rest!

Soon enough ;)

Auntie: Ah, beautiful beginning to the end to satisfy all of us. Jaina's introspection was very peaceful and full of love, and I loved all the voices she heard during her mediation.

[:D] I hope this satisfies the wait. You guys are the best to be so patient. I'm glad you saw the "peace" because that was really what I was going for.

ccp: =D=

Darkwriter: Ohhhhh...that was sooooooooooooooo good. I especially liked the part where she hears all those voices.

Oh great! I was up in the air how that part would go over. It seems to have done alright...

Very nice starting and ending with quotes about a lightsaber.

Thanks for catching that specifically. The whole series of quotes was as much about Jaina's journey as the Force and particularly her lightsaber.

princess_melissa: I'm so glad you're continuing this! I forgot how much I loved it.

I'm glad you remembered :D

Jaina's dress sounds so pretty! I wish I had one like it.

Me too. It's the dress from the coverart btw. I need to find that link to put here.

Scrubs: What a magical post!

Yeow! Me likes magical :D

Your description of its creation is just amazing.

In my mind the lightsaber is a bit of a magical creation. I had a lot of fun with that part of the scene. I imagined this journey in the Force that brings the Jedi and her lightsaber into one weapon. This is Jaina becoming the Sword more or less.

Syal? What a loving go-between! A mother who adores her son and has come to understand Jaina--and how much the pair mean to each other. The moment when she discovered just how well Jag knows Jaina was so real. Corellian roses it is!

I needed to show just how much Jag's family has accepted Jaina and Syal would be the easiest way to do that. And that Jag knows Jaina better than his mother is a sign of true love in my estimation but also a testiment to how he's been raised by his mother.

The bath and the dress are the stuff of a girl's dreams, all right! Even Jaina's, although many would see her as too tough to appreciate such things. I think the whole scene was perfect. And, of course, Jag's appearance perfects the romantic moment.

I think any woman has a soft spot for being swept off her feet [face_love]

Solo_and_Fel: Thanks for giving us something more of this, TKL.

You're quite welcome [:D]

That sure is quite the lightsaber. And I have a feeling Jaina will need it.

Oh so do I. At some point I really want to put together the Jacen/Jaina showdown so you all can see where I envision the story going.

Lex: I have to agree with her there? But something tells me the Solo luck is going to be on her side, not on the side of the twin who?s turned his back on everything he ought to value about his heritage.

There's something to be said about the saying - you make your own luck. I think Jacen is doing nothing in that regard. It doesn't always mean good will triumph but in this case I just d

13. TelannaTani

TelannaTani Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2005
    Yikes! Out for a week with the flu and the world has shifted!

You're back! [:D] [face_dancing] =D=

Fantastic update! Jaina certainly has built the ultimate weapon here. It is the perfect symbol of her life - like every lightsaber should be. She is absolutely turning into the woman she needs to be, and it's wonderful to be here to watch that journey. It simply reminds me that all things truly do come together for a reason, and we are carefully prepared by our history to face our future.

I loved the Jaina/Syal interaction, and how, even before Jag's proposal, she came to love and accept Jaina as her own. That is the Syal I love. And as for Jag and his 'premonitions' about Jaina's tastes, well, that just goes to show that he truly IS a keeper. [face_love]

Can't wait to see the rest. And lucky me, I only have to wait until tomorrow morning! Wahoo!

Welcome back, TKL. [:D]

Voz

14. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    How very profound and hits right at the heart of what I'm trying to portray in this story. It's all been a preparation for the ultimate showdown for Jaina. Life's lessons have been hard but she'll be better for it.

It was important for me to show Jag's family accepted Jaina for who she was and not simply because she was going to marry their son. Syal was the best person to relay that.

It's good to be back [:D]

15. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Bridging the Gap
    (Part Two)

Jag hesitated, then walked to Jaina?s side in front of the mirror. ?May I?? he asked, indicating the last two clasps she had been unable to reach.

She nodded mutely, and pulled her damp hair aside. His fingers were cool against her warm skin, and she shivered. He paused after the first clasp. Ever so slowly he bent forward, his lips hovering millimeters from her neck. Soft air teased her skin, and Jaina?s breath caught in her throat. Jag placed a tantalizing kiss at the crook of her neck before finishing his task.

Jaina shut her eyes, not wanting the feeling to end.

?I missed you,? he whispered, his arms closing around her.

?I missed you too.? She let her weight lean into Jag.

He accepted it willingly. They stood that way for some time, content in the simplicity of their bond. Jaina tried to just enjoy the moment, and not rue the fleeting reality of their shared embrace. When Jag drew in a long breath she wished for a few seconds more. He must have known, because he didn?t speak immediately.

?You?re ready.? It wasn?t a question. He somehow knew she was. Or more likely, had faith she always would be. That faith was one of the things she would count on to see her through the months ahead.

?I am.? She reached out in the Force and sensed her new weapon easily, an extension of her self now. Then she let it go. For the next few hours she wasn?t going to think about her destiny. She needed to simply revel in the joy of celebrating life, love, and family.

Turning to face him, she took Jag?s hand. ?I love the dress.?

?I thought you might.?

?You dreamt of it too??

He tipped his head, averting his gaze.

?The night we made love??

Jag swallowed, then nodded tentatively. ?It was a vision I won?t soon forget. Not the bad part,? he added quickly before she could interrupt, ?but the beginning. You were so beautiful. I wanted to see that for real. Fortunately Cem and Father just happened to be making a supply run, so I sent them to a dressmaker.?

?You had this made from a memory??

He guided her hand up over her head, and spun her around like a master dancer. ?Exactly to specs.?

?If you say so.? She winked playfully, but she couldn?t shake her own memories. ?I won?t ever leave you again, Jag. Not like that dream, not like Zonoma Sekot. I swear. I only want the good part of that dream ??

His finger on her lips ended the rest. ?I know.?

Jaina wrapped her arms around Jag ? because she could ? and held him tightly. She clutched him as though that horrifying nightmare was about to come true and take him away.

?Hey.? Gingerly Jag extricated himself from her embrace, taking her hands in his. ?You?re shaking.?

She nodded, and let Jag lead her to the edge of the immense bed that filled most of the room. Together they sat down on the edge.

Almost immediately he bounded back to his feet. ?Of course. Your shot. I forgot in the excitement of finally seeing you.?

He was practically to the door by the time Jaina said, ?I don?t need it.?

The door opened, and Jag stepped into the threshold. ?It will only take a second.?

?I said ?? A nudge with the Force tugged him back into the room. ?? I don?t need it.?

?But ??

?I?m fine.?

He refused to budge even when the door began to cycle close. ?You weren?t fine a few seconds ago.?

?That wasn?t about the shot.? Jaina stood. ?That was about you.?

?Me?? Jag took a step closer. ?But ?? Another step. ?? we?re ?? Another. ?? all right. Aren?t we??

The sudden fear seemed to wound him to the core. She cupped her palm to his cheek. ?We?re better than all right. That?s why I?m fine.?

?But you said?? He drew in a breath. ?Cilghal said ??

Jaina shifted back to the bed?s edge, beckoning him to join her. She waited as his green eyes cycled through protest, hesitation, defiance, and finally back to resolve. Finally he sat by her side. Jaina inhaled and met Jag?s concerned gaze.

?When I first felt the Killik?s call, the

16. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    *Snag* Hey!! I never grab first reply! 8-}

And I'd just like to say... Oooh, baby!! It's pretty darned warm in that room...

Cem and Father just happened to be making a supply run, so I sent them to a dressmaker

[face_laugh] Oh, I'll bet Soontir and Cem loved that assignment!

?Me?? Jag took a step closer. ?But ?? Another step. ?? we?re ?? Another. ?? all right. Aren?t we??

Aw! [face_love] He's so sweet when he's scared.

Jag covered her balled fist with a hand. ?Zekk is your friend and an unshakable ally. I have no reservations about that.?

*Sigh* What a wonderful man! Um. [face_worried] I mean character.

?I wanted?? His voice caught, and in a rare moment he was unable to vocalize his thoughts. Then she recognized this was one of those things they needed to do before tomorrow.

OMG! Now we have to WAIT? Your evilness continues. [face_worried] [face_whistling] [face_laugh]

Seriously, this is a beautifully romantic scene. You've done a great service to these characters, finally having Jaina explain the Killik mess to Jag. I love that he had moved forward to the point that he could accept her explanation. But, oh, those little touches, the glances... they go way beyond dialogue. This is such a nuanced scene, the sort for which you are rightfully applauded.

With every addition to one of your stories, I am even more acutely aware of your ability as a writer. Bravo! =D=

oldj

P.S. o_O Thanks to your speedy beta for getting this back to you! ;)

17. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Beautiful! [:D]
    Jag and Jaina always feel like two pieces of a puzzel that fit perfectly together.

18. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    She nodded mutely, and pulled her damp hair aside. His fingers were cool against her warm skin, and she shivered. He paused after the first clasp. Ever so slowly he bent forward, his lips hovering millimeters from her neck. Soft air teased her skin, and Jaina?s breath caught in her throat. Jag placed a tantalizing kiss at the crook of her neck before finishing his task.

*sighs* [face_love] *nudges EU authors*

How very perfect. :D

19. Lyne

Lyne Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2006
    ?I am.? She reached out in the Force and sensed her new weapon easily, an extension of her self now. Then she let it go. For the next few hours she wasn?t going to think about her destiny. She needed to simply revel in the joy of celebrating life, love, and family.

I really loved her attitude in this section.

I also love how open they were in talking about Myrkr and Zekk.

20. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    So sweet!

I actually wasn't sure what the dress looked like--i thought it might be Padme's dress from AOTC but thanks for the picture

21. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005

You really have a way of using air so seductvely!:) This as only one of the many references to air in the post. I am learning, Master TKeira! Your skill is amazing!

22. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    I like your explanation for why the Mykr group ran to the Killiks so quickly. They never really did get to talk about what happened there. I always thought that was a big thing to go through and then just let everyone go their separate ways. I mean, we saw how Jaina attempted to deal with it... not the healthiest way in the world.

?You?re right. You need more of me to cure you.?

[face_love]

Oh, TKL, you're such a cliffie queen. [face_not_talking] :D
    Yes... that was me being upset with you for a whole nanosecond.

Who's the girl in the dress picture? (Or is it a drawing?) She's a good Jaina.

(p.s. Thanks goes to the speedy beta.)

23. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    oh wow! that was amazing!

**does dance** There was some mush! There was some mush!

I loved it!

24. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Part One

The battered remains of her last weapon, once lost and now found, had become the foundation for a new beginning. The latest Chiss materials and a bit of Solo ingenuity added, Jaina had constructed a lightsaber like none other.

I like that she incorporated some Chiss material into it. :cool: Perhaps this is the precursor of the awesome lightsaber the Imperial Knights are going to weild in the future? :p

In the simplicity of the moment, Jaina watched the strands of her life running through the fabric of the Force, through space and time, on an inexorable course. Their final destination was obscured by the haze of uncertainty, but at every turn she stood tall, this weapon of her design afire. One purpose, one existence. One sword.

=D=

The ice crystal, when shifted into phase with the relacite, would make the blade shine with a radiance so intense it could flash-blind. Jaina was unsure how she would use it, but she was sure she would.

I have a bad feeling about this. I think we?ll get to see her use this feature in the near future. [face_worried]

Jaina glanced around the small room she had shared with Jag these last few weeks and suddenly needed to see him badly. Until she remembered what four days in isolation could do to a girl.

:giggle:

?Your son is a keeper, isn?t he??

=P~ You bet!

I really liked the scene with Jaina building her lightsaber, it was beautifully written and fascinating. You really captured the profoundness of that moment. After all, for a Jedi, building a lightsaber isn?t just making an ordinary weapon but creating something that becomes a part of or an extension of that person. This weapon is your life?

As has already been mentioned by others, the voices of the great Jedi from the past coming to Jaina during this moment was wonderful, just the perfect touch. =D=

Part Two

?It was a vision I won?t soon forget. Not the bad part,? he added quickly before she could interrupt, ?but the beginning. You were so beautiful. I wanted to see that for real. Fortunately Cem and Father just happened to be making a supply run, so I sent them to a dressmaker.?

?You had this made from a memory??

He guided her hand up over her head, and spun her around like a master dancer. ?Exactly to specs.?

Is he not the perfect man? [face_love] And Soontir and Cem made the trip to the dressmaker? These Fel men are truly remarkable.

?I wanted?? His voice caught, and in a rare moment he was unable to vocalize his thoughts.

Aww... [:D]

What can I say? You are still, without a doubt, the Romance Queen, my twin. [face_love] I loved everything. But did you have to end it there? Tease! [face_not_talking] :p

Wonderful job as always! =D=

I can hardly wait for more! :D

25. Master_Vicky

Master_Vicky Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    Gasp! My internet goes out and you finally post! Curse you computer! *shakes fist* Well I guess it wasn't such a bad thing. It definitely made for a pleasant surprise. And man! The Romance! *sighs* My mush meter was running dangerously low, but you've brought it up to max. I can't for next week! :D

Great job as always, El Captain!

-Vicster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.