main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Splinters (J/J, post-Dark Nest Trilogy novella) - Long neglected Replies 12/14

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TKeira_Lea, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Oh wow!!! This gets better and better with every post :D

More after I return from exam [face_plain]

EDIT: That dress is =P~ I wish I was on Jag's place [face_mischief]

I like that kind of posts. That's what we need right now. Some good old J/J romance :)

Can't wait for next post. I wonder how will it end [face_mischief]

2. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    This was one of my favorite posts yet. It had the right mix of mush and seriousness.

Thanks for the picture too. I had a picture in my mind but it always helps to have the real thing. It looks amazing.

Can't wait for next week!

3. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Excellent!

I like how this is all slowly revealing itself to them.

4. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    It's been a while since the story proper was posted. Efnine was the family droid that interfered in the Jaina's great escape from Jag after their night of passion...

My mistake :oops: I'd forgotten about her [face_blush]

Almost immediately he bounded back to his feet. ?Of course. Your shot. I forgot in the excitement of finally seeing you.?
    He was practically to the door by the time Jaina said, ?I don?t need it.?
    The door opened, and Jag stepped into the threshold. ?It will only take a second.?
    ?I said ?? A nudge with the Force tugged him back into the room. ?? I don?t need it.?
    ?But ??
    ?I?m fine.?

[face_thinking]

The three exterior walls and the roof were constructed of durasteel girders and transparisteel panels. Bright lights along the ceiling outshined the stars she knew twinkled above. The lights provided the life-giving energy necessary to fill the space from wall to wall with flora over every kind and species imaginable.
    Everywhere Jaina looked there was color. Greens, blues, yellows, reds and every shade in between. This was Syal?s hothouse, built in exacting detail by Jag?s father in a show of boundless love.

Wow, it sounds beautiful =D=

Great post, TKL :D Very sweet. Loved the Jag/Jaina interraction and the descriptions of the hothouse. Was also interesting the way Jaina has severed her ties with the Killiks. I didn't see that coming.

I wonder what it is they have to do before tomorrow [face_thinking] Can't wait for the next post :D

Kate's looking good =P~

5. Madame_Solo

Madame_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2005
    Finally got around to reading the last two posts.

Bloody brilliant, and thats all I can say. They were just so perfect for the story, just as I'm sure the next ones will be. Can't wait!

-Flygirl

6. TelannaTani

TelannaTani Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2005
    As others have said here, I think this was a perfect balance of romance/love and serious preparation. I can't wait to see the rest of this story line. What's this LotF concept you mentioned? Want to give us any hints?

And :eek:! Jag Fel! On your parents bed?! [face_shame_on_you]

Great update!
    Voz

7. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Good Morning!

Working the replies slowly...

Scrubs: *Snag* Hey!! I never grab first reply!

Let's partay then :D

And I'd just like to say... Oooh, baby!! It's pretty darned warm in that room...

Haahaa! [face_love]

Oh, I'll bet Soontir and Cem loved that assignment!

For some reason I have this whole funny story in my mind with Cem pitching a fit...like, [whine]why don't you go! [/whine]

Seriously, this is a beautifully romantic scene. You've done a great service to these characters, finally having Jaina explain the Killik mess to Jag. I love that he had moved forward to the point that he could accept her explanation. But, oh, those little touches, the glances... they go way beyond dialogue. This is such a nuanced scene, the sort for which you are rightfully applauded.

I think the dialogue can only do so much, even though I am a fan of it. The touches reveal the unsaid. So thank you for recognizing the nuances. I work very hard at those parts.

Auntie: Jag and Jaina always feel like two pieces of a puzzel that fit perfectly together.

I think so. Yin and yang and all that. [face_love]

flowerbee: *sighs* *nudges EU authors*

How very perfect.

Heehee! Don't see us getting that good from them. <-- that's a dare Allston, Denning and Traviss :p

Although I have to admit the first J/J kiss in RD made me stand up and squeal.

Lyne: I also love how open they were in talking about Myrkr and Zekk.

These are all things IMO they need to address in order to move on and fight the big fight.

jade51999: I actually wasn't sure what the dress looked like--i thought it might be Padme's dress from AOTC but thanks for the picture

Not quite as ornamental as Padme's. I think Jaina's a bit simpler, raised in a more practical time. Compare Leia's clothes to Padme's for instance. Then again that's why I love having Leia dress up in the Naboo attire in Legacy, to show that she's learning her heritage.

obsessedwithSW: You really have a way of using air so seductvely!

Oh I'm not the one who has the way [face_batting] That was...um, well, experience helps.

Solo_and_Fel: I like your explanation for why the Mykr group ran to the Killiks so quickly. They never really did get to talk about what happened there. I always thought that was a big thing to go through and then just let everyone go their separate ways. I mean, we saw how Jaina attempted to deal with it... not the healthiest way in the world.

Well I'm pretty sure that in some ways the profic Powersthatbe don't want to explain. It's one of those space opera things, but I think that's why some people had issues with the DN series. Jaina and Jag will have to go there to resolve this gap between them.
    ?You?re right. You need more of me to cure you.?

Who's the girl in the dress picture? (Or is it a drawing?) She's a good Jaina.

Evangeline Lily from Lost.

JAGSGURL15: **does dance** There was some mush! There was some mush!

So easily appeased. :p

red: I like that she incorporated some Chiss material into it. Perhaps this is the precursor of the awesome lightsaber the Imperial Knights are going to weild in the future?

Definitely where I was going with that ;)

I have a bad feeling about this. I think we?ll get to see her use this feature in the near future.

You know it's going to take drastic measures to stop Jacen [face_worried]

I really liked the scene with Jaina building her lightsaber, it was beautifully written and fascinating. You really captured the profoundness of that moment. After all, for a Jedi, building a lightsaber isn?t just making an ordinary weapon but creating something that becomes a part of or an extension of that person. This weapon is your life?

I've always loved that line - This weapon is your life - because in a way the lightsaber is an extension of the Jedi. I think th

8. Jedi_Vai

Jedi_Vai Jedi Master star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    Commander,

So good to see you haven't forgotten your lowly minions! :)
    Seriously, it is good to have you writing and posting! You know how much I enjoy your story telling talents!
    And, it appears you haven't lost your touch! :p
    Keep it coming!
    Thanks,
    A

9. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    Well, I finally had a chance to catch up on this missing scene and boy am I loving it! The bond that Jaina and Jag have is beautiful and it was great to see that he would know what scent she preferred. The fact that he remembered the dress too and had it made so perfectly was great. I'm really looking forward to the next post and I'll try to be more timely in my response next time (if school lets me).

10. ChissGoddess

ChissGoddess Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    AH! I've missed two posts!!

I'm all caught up now though. :-D FYI TKL I think you're official title should be "Queen of the Cliffhangers" because you always find the perfect spot to leave us hanging...and you do it rather frequently might I add. But still, wonderful posts. I'm glad you're back! ^_^

11. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
    I finally caught up on this story. I love it. Question for you: You know the scene you couldnt put on here that came before resolution? Could you send it to me? I'm 20 so I can read it. email adress is click5lover00@yahoo.com Great job so far and I can't wait for more.

12. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Good morning!

Okay totally depressing moment of the evening last night. I finished my replies and the internet went POOF!

So I'm trying to get them in before this afternoon...bear with me.

princess_melissa: This was one of my favorite posts yet. It had the right mix of mush and seriousness.

Wow! Thanks. I like the play that mush/serious balance a lot :D

ccp: I like how this is all slowly revealing itself to them.

There is a lot for these characters to work through so it will take time.

Yobi: Wow, it sounds beautiful

beautiful for a beautiful lady [face_love]

Was also interesting the way Jaina has severed her ties with the Killiks. I didn't see that coming.

The withdrawal was written in a very intentional way throughout the story. Every time Jaina withdrew from Jag, even in flashbacks, she would start to show symptoms. When she began to accept him the symptoms lessoned. Each time it looked like something else was contributing to the ease, but really it has always been about her needing Jag in her life. Which boils down to why she turned to the Killiks in the first place...not sure that made sense?

Madame_Solo: Bloody brilliant, and thats all I can say. They were just so perfect for the story, just as I'm sure the next ones will be. Can't wait!

Wow! Bloody brilliant! Sounds like my British Grandma. I love it :D

Voz: What's this LotF concept you mentioned? Want to give us any hints?

Um right now Splinters doesn't contradict canon, because it's quite possible this could fit in there. But when it does I want to finish my version of LotF, where Jaina and company face off with Jacen.

And ! Jag Fel! On your parents bed?!

Yeah, he's a guy :p

Jedi_Vai: So good to see you haven't forgotten your lowly minions!

I'd never forget you guys [:D]

And, it appears you haven't lost your touch! :p

You're too kind. Thank you :D
    Wildcat: The bond that Jaina and Jag have is beautiful and it was great to see that he would know what scent she preferred.

Yeah, Jag's smart like that [face_love]

The fact that he remembered the dress too and had it made so perfectly was great.

I have this idea that he relived that dream so many times that the image was burned in his brain.

ChissGoddess: FYI TKL I think you're official title should be "Queen of the Cliffhangers" because you always find the perfect spot to leave us hanging...and you do it rather frequently might I add. But still, wonderful posts. I'm glad you're back! ^_^

I can be quite a tease, but it just seems my stories always have great breaking points [face_devil]

skywalkerlover00: I finally caught up on this story. I love it. Question for you: You know the scene you couldnt put on here that came before resolution? Could you send it to me? I'm 20 so I can read it. email adress is click5lover00@yahoo.com Great job so far and I can't wait for more.

I am going to try to get to that this afternoon. If you don't hear from me send me a PM, kay?

EDIT: Author Announcement

Please pardon the delay of a couple more days, folks. Because of an untimely death in my industry (there are only a handful of engineers who do what I do) there has been a run on signal design emergencies today. Unfortunately it's only the beginning of the week. I think though I can push this stuff through tonight. These are real life concerns and affect the welfare of the general population so I cannot choose to leave them in favor of fanfic. As soon as I can get rid of my fireman's hat I will give my full attention to finalizing this post.

13. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Double post

8-}

:oops:

Figures, the ISP has been giving me fits for weeks and when I finally get to post it puts up two :p

14. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Bridging the Gap
    (Part Three)

Jag reached into his chest pocket and withdrew a small fold of linen. Jaina knew it very well. The little handkerchief had never left her side over the last few years ? except for the past four days, when it had rested in Jag?s care. She knew now there was no one else in the galaxy she would ever entrust with that precious memory. The notion was profound and bittersweet.

Jaina?s heart began to pound as her mind spun with memories. She had lost her daughter, and with her any hope for a family. Nothing anyone had said ? not Zekk or the doctors ? had eased the ache in her heart or quelled the tears threatening to drown her soul. In the midst of her inconsolable sorrow, an elderly attendant had entered the sterile, cold hospital room. She had said nothing, but simply pressed the delicately crafted handkerchief into Jaina?s hand. It was all Jaina had ever had to hold onto. No ceremony, no burial, no goodbye. Over time the linen had come to serve as the closest thing she had to a memorial.

?She needs to rest,? Jag said, and reached out for Jaina.

Taking his hand, Jaina nodded. ?A home.?

He squeezed her hand, then passed her the handkerchief. While Jaina studied its tender features, Jag walked a few steps away and retrieved a silver cylinder no bigger than a lightsaber hilt. As he closed the distance back to her, she saw the intricate etchings around the tube. He depressed a hidden button and the device separated to reveal a hollow interior.

Jaina held the linen, committing it to memory beneath her trembling fingertips. Fresh tears brimmed in her eyes. How could she let go?

Then she realized she didn?t have to. Her daughter, their daughter, would always be a part of her. The tiny life, even in its brevity, had helped shape the woman Jaina had become. Ultimately their grief for their daughter?s death had come full circle, until Jaina and Jag were once more whole. They would go on together.

Throughout her silent reflection, Jag waited patiently. Finally she extended her palm with the handkerchief exposed. He handled it with the most gentle of touches, rolling the linen neatly before tucking it into the cylinder. A flip of his thumb sealed the linen inside. Jag curled his fingers around the shiny tube, and held onto it for the span of several heartbeats.

Jaina thought her heart would break when he finally lowered the cylinder to the small stand set into the dirt. The Sword lilies were left to stand guard around their daughter?s memorial. It was a beautiful tribute.

?Cha?na doe en ta,? Jag said softly in Cheunh, then repeated it for her. ?Go in peace.?

The dam holding back her emotions crumbled. Jag scooped her close, crushing Jaina to his chest. She wrapped her arms around him and allowed her tears to flow. They cried as one, years of grief crashing over them in a tidal wave. It was easier, she realized, to resist the flood of anguish together. Eventually the onslaught subsided, and they were left clutching each other in reassurance that they had endured.

Jaina pulled away first, wiping the warm saltwater from her cheeks. ?I miss her already.?

He sighed. ?I?ve barely wrapped my brain around the concept I had somebody to miss.?

Jaina turned toward the Sword lilies, bending over to touch a white petal. ?She was all I had ??

?You have me now,? he said, brushing her shoulder, ?and we can always have more children. Remember Doctor Tarado said??

He swallowed the rest and removed his hand. An awkward silence hung in the air, unspoken dreams and nervous hopes dancing to the beat of their heartbeats. Just within reach. He had said we, hadn?t he?

Spinning to face him, Jaina caught his hand. ?We need to talk.?

?I didn?t mean? What I?m trying to say is ??

?We?ve worked through a lot these past weeks, and it?s been wonderful. Better than I could ever have wished.? She had to make him understand; her explanation spilled forth. ?When I went looking for you on Tenupe, the best I had

15. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    First! :eek:

*goes to read*

16. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    [face_love]

[:D]

=D= =D= =D= =D=

[face_worried]

It's over?

:_|

So beautiful! There's really nothing else to say.

oldj @};-

17. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Third? DANG :p

=D= =D= =D=

I'm going to let you use their imaginations from there

Happy places, I'm going to happy places [face_love]

18. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    The end?! :eek:

*Reserves space*

19. lurker2209

lurker2209 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2005
    Aw...so sweet!

I know, I know, you're thinking 'do I remember you?' But your thread is hardly the place to explain my abscence from SW fic, so I'll sum it up as DRL in the form of grad school and an affair with the Veronica Mars fandom (Best. Show. Ever. ~Joss Wedon)

I loved reading this; I think I disapeared somewhere after the first or second post, and I'd sadly forgotten that. I have yet to read the Dark Nest series; lack of time and enthusiam, but I'm sure I'll get around to it. Still, this works so well despite having only an inkling of what has pulled them apart, and you really delve into that as well. As a story of two wounded souls finding each other, it works so well as to make the cliche of that category unworthy. And I think, on a meta level, you capture what so many fans sense, and the profic doesn't seem to offer: that Jaina deserves to be happy. Hopefully cannon will get there eventually.

:sighs: I missed this. It makes me happy.

20. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Use our imagination? :eek:

Are you kidding me!!!! Until my imagination motor starts you will finish Healing Hearts ;)

BTW proposing to Jaina Solo must be the hardest thing in Galaxy Far, Far Away [face_laugh]

Another great story is finished :_|

21. Lyne

Lyne Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2006
    Jaina pulled away first, wiping the warm saltwater from her cheeks. ?I miss her already.?

He sighed. ?I?ve barely wrapped my brain around the concept I had somebody to miss.?

That little section was so sad. :_|

I loved the sadness, humor, and banter in this post.

22. TelannaTani

TelannaTani Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2005
    :_| I can't help my self! It's the hormones!

More later...

23. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Wonderful ending!=D=

24. ChissGoddess

ChissGoddess Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    *sniff* Tres bien TKL. It was sad and beautiful in a deeply touching way. Time to re-read methinks. Wonderful though!

I guess it's back to HH now?

25. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Awwww. @};- [face_dancing] I loved it. So far, I think this has been my favorite story of yours... especially in light of the recent EU stuff.

Hm. Use our imaginations, huh? Can I imagine that Nom Anor comes back from the dead, blows Jacen up... and they all live happily ever after? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.