main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Splinter's tie-in to PT? (Possible EP2 and 3 spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ParanoidAni-droid, Feb 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001

Okay, so I'm reading some of the different timelines recommended in the EU continuity thread and I come upon Nathan Butler's rendition which is one of the better one's out there. It's really dense, maybe it's TOO good! It takes a year to find what little fact your looking for. :D

But anyway, there's a part in the third section where he summarizes ANH. He mentions something about Obi-wan (and most likely Yoda)vanishing when they die because they are sending their essence to help Luke in his coming confrontation. I would usually shrug off such unfounded speculation but he adds that GL has hinted towards this possibility and that he'll reveal this in the coming films. (Though of course he *coincidently* forgets to cite the source!)

So how does this relate to SOTME? (This is where it gets good) Well, if TFO had Ben and Yoda learn to vanish for this reason, it would help to support the fact that Kenobi inhabited Luke's body during his first battle with Vader!

~Now the question is, can anyone validate or dig up some GL qoute that coincides whith Butler?

2. JediLord

JediLord Jedi Master star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    i have not heard anything from GL about why they disappeared. he has said that it will be explained, but to my knowledge, nothing specific.

3. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001

~Upsiy Daisy...

4. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Well Obi-Wan did help out Luke in the Death Star trench run. "Let go Luke." "Use the Force Luke." So I guess you could say Obi-Wan disapeared because he still had unfinished buisness with Luke.

5. Darth_Infamous

Darth_Infamous Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    I love the EU but I really hate SOTME. It doesn't fit with my vision of the continuity when included with the movies. If Luke cut Vaders arm off before they fought in ESB, why was it like their first meeting? Why didn't Vader reveal himself to be Luke's father in Splinter. I think LFL should have left splinter collecting dust.

6. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001

Yikes dude! Check out here for all your answers. We already had a lengthy debate on the topic: He's possessed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.