main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Split episode III up into 3 movies

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by DarthInsidious, Jun 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthInsidious

DarthInsidious Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2002
    This is my wish for episode III. Split it up into 3 separate screenings. I have seen this kind suggestion in other discussions and want to know what everybody else thinks. There are many good reasons to do this. First, if you're like me, you just can't get enough of Star Wars and will take all of it that I can get. Today I even rented the two Ewok movies.

Secondly, there is just two much left to cover to fit it into 2 hours. AOTC was 2hr. 20 min. and it felt rushed with everything that they had to cover in it. In EPIII the twins have to be born, Anakin has to turn evil, the Death Star is under construction, so many characters die, and plus there is a whole clone war going on and many other subplots. So I think that the only way to do the movie justice is to make it about 6 hours long.

If they would have put everything in EP2 that GL wanted, it would have probably been about 4 hrs long. Think about it. It probably wouldnt take any extra time to make the movie that long. Just dont leave out any of the scenes and expound upon them a little. GL could then either release all three at once or 1 every couple of months. He sure wouldn't complain about the money that it would make. Does any one else have an opinion on this?

2. Imperial_Guard

Imperial_Guard Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    It won't happen and is not really logistically feasible but I understand where you're coming from. In hindsight and under different circumstances, I would have liked to have seen nine movies (the false rumor that still won't die) with ANH, ESB and ROTJ re-numbered as VII, VIII, and IX so that you could expand the PT in the middle and provide a smoother transition into ANH. Having said that though, I think the format the way it will happen will work just fine. We'll get two acts with each act consisting of three episodes. In that sense, the Star Wars saga has more in common with plays and novels than some people might care to admit.

3. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    That would be awesome, but only because I'm a fanboy.
    :p

4. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    "the Death Star is under construction"
    Not necessarily.

And I don't know.. it would seem odd to go Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3.0, Episode 3.3, Episode 3.6, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 :p

5. CaseyRae2901

CaseyRae2901 Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2002
    I like the idea of splitting the movie...because even though it might be odd to have, like, 1, 2, 3, 3 1/2, 4, 5, 6...it would still be better than sacrificing quality or content. But if GL can accomplish everything he has to in one movie, I say do that. Its just better.

6. MadMardigan

MadMardigan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2001
    I think we should have Episode III. Then in 2008 have Episode Pi.

7. thenink

thenink Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2002
    Everything that needs to be in EP3 WILL be in Ep3, not to worry. All we have to see is:

- Destruction of the Jedi
    - Formation of the EMpire (which we've partly see already)
    - The fall of Anakin
    - The Ob1/Anakin duel
    - The birth of the twins

What else is there!?!

8. NyLonathatep

NyLonathatep Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2001
    It would have to be the longest film granted, but George can fit it all into it, im sure. It doesn't deal with any more then EpII if you think about it.

9. Jabachile

Jabachile Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    I think we should have Episode III. Then in 2008 have Episode Pi.

[face_laugh]

nink- I would like to see more developement on Alderaan and there are some crucial points that need to be resolved.

-Formation/Change into Stormtroopers
    -Obi-Wan leading Anakin into some "fool idealistic crusade" (line from ANH).
    -Resolution of the Clone Wars
    -Palpatine/Sidious answered

MAYBE...
    -Death Star construction
    -What ever happened to Cliegg Lars?

10. thenink

Mar 19, 2002
    nink- I would like to see more developement on Alderaan and there are some crucial points that need to be resolved.

-Formation/Change into Stormtroopers
    -Obi-Wan leading Anakin into some "fool idealistic crusade" (line from ANH).
    -Resolution of the Clone Wars
    -Palpatine/Sidious answered

All this can be resolved with a minimum amount of screen time.

MAYBE...
    -Death Star construction

Nope....I doubt we will be seeing this.

What ever happened to Cliegg Lars?

Rocket chair mishap. Very tragic.... ;)

11. MadMardigan

Nov 8, 2001
    I've noticed everyone seems so preoccupied with Cliegg Lars. Who cares! A better worry would be about what happened to his leg! I heard he's hopping mad about it.

12. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    It'll be no problem fitting the "oh so many loose ends!" up in 2 hours 20 minutes.

13. thenink

Mar 19, 2002
    [face_laugh] LOL @ MadMardigan!

....But seriously, why all the fuss about Cliegg! Everyone knows he's about as worthless as a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest! ;)

(Had to do it!)

14. DarthInsidious

DarthInsidious Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2002
    I agree. If Lucas can fit everything that needs to be covered in EP3 into a single 2-3 hour movie, without it seeming rushed, then that's ok with me. The worst thing about it would be having to title the extra movies something like EP3 1/2 or 3.33333. But hey, it worked for the Naked Gun movies, didn't it?

15. Z-MANfreefly

Z-MANfreefly Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2002
    i wonder who wouldnt mind sitting down and watching a 6 hour long episode III.

and dont worry about ol' cliegg what happens is that some one tells him that a kaminoan cloned his leg so he goes off on a crusade and finds his leg and than he gets killed. "Clieggs big adventure"

16. Leg_of_Cliegg

Leg_of_Cliegg Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2002
    Did somebody mention me?

17. Z-MANfreefly

Z-MANfreefly Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2002
    hahahaha

leg of cliegg :)

18. LordMaul99

LordMaul99 Jedi Master star 1

May 31, 2002
    I think GL will have to go into 3 hrs. in order to fit everything in. Hopefully nothing lame is included anymore.

19. Jabachile

Jabachile Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    I think he can fit it all within 2 hrs 45 mins...

20. kirby2112

kirby2112 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2002
    "Everything that needs to be in EP3 WILL be in Ep3, not to worry. All we have to see is:

- Destruction of the Jedi
    - Formation of the EMpire (which we've partly see already)
    - The fall of Anakin
    - The Ob1/Anakin duel
    - The birth of the twins

What else is there!?! "

That could DEFINITELY be done in under three hours...let's see...(cloudy haze forming)

All remaning Jedi in one room (sans Yoda, Anakin, Obi-wan). Masked villian comes by and throws grenade in. BOOM! Jedi gone.

Palpatine: This is Ludicrous! We need an Empire to combat these maniacs throwing grenades at will and we have no Jedi left to help us! Let's form an empire!

(applause and tears)

Anakin: Damn grenades! Took my jedi friends from me! And Padme, too!

(looks outside and sees Padme is safe)

Anakin: Obi-wan Lied to me! I'll teach him! (anger ensues)

Bur first, I'll get some friendly advice from Palpatine. He will solve everything! I hate everyone but him!

Later...

Palps: Wipe them out...alll...I mean...Obi- wan didn't mean it! Well...Okay, go get him...

Anie fights Obi. Obi beats Anakin. Obi looks outside. Twins are born.

(much rejoicing)

'Ben' takes them to tatooine. It is revealed here that the future 'Ben Kenobi' is actually Sidious who has to hide out. Takes twins to future homes.

Obi-wan becomes emperor. Anakin joins him.

The End

(much rejoicing)

Well, looks like a 15 minutes short should take care of this movie!

21. MadMardigan

Nov 8, 2001
    Hysterical [face_laugh]

22. kirby2112

kirby2112 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2002
    OH, forgot a scene....

Palpatine: How's that weapon you've been talking about?

Tarking: Good!

Palpatine: Alright, then...

23. BattleDroid1138

BattleDroid1138 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 6, 2000
    I think some dots can be connected without showing them in Ep. 3 because they are explained in the OT. I mean... that's how we know what we think we know about Ep. 3 already, right?

24. Darth_Bendover

Darth_Bendover Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2002
    i agrre that more film time is needed to fully explore and realise the depth of the most evil man in the universe. Face it everyone, TPM was wasted hours. If Anakin agreed could have been found on Tatooine, with the whole Naboo plot very much smaller, and then cut to anakins training on Coruscant, with much more maul killing qui gonn on coruscant. Cut to 10 years later and begin the episode 2 plot in episode I. The love scene wouldnt have felt rushed, our felings for characters would be full, and it would leave all the time in the world for episode III to clean up all issus, ie dissapearing dying jedi and even litlle sith side stories ie Dokuu visits an ancient sith planet and is seduced.... sigh.... so much wasted.... I still love it all though.

25. PDZSY

PDZSY Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    This is definitely going to be the longest of all the Star Wars films, and I hope it is. When this movie, the last Star Wars chapter, hits the theaters, it's gonna be big! Remember when Titanic came to theaters? It was three hours and some minutes long, but everyone(not that I was too crazy about it), loved it, so they didn't care how long it was. I look forward to a three hour Star Wars movie, and I hope George takes all the time he needs to tell his last story the way he wants it to be told. In other words, time is of no concern to me, the quality is what counts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.