main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Splitting Dragonlance (and maybe other series) discussion into seperate eras

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by FlareStorm, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Ok so we got Dragonlance General here

Doesn't have the most traffic, but I for one don't post there a lot because it is really hard to post about a series that has been going on for 20+ years and people are still just starting to read.

The series itself is a changing world, and continues to be so, and is one of the high points of it. I really can't mention ANYTHING without giving out some sort of spoiler for people who haven't read books written 5,10, or even 15 years ago.

I would like to talk about it. But what am I gonna do? Talk with someone who is on the current books and black out like 70% of the stuff. Talk about the older ones and try to remember what is a spoiler and is not?

How do I handle this? Dragonlance is important to me, I love it. I'm all caught up so I am not worried about spoilers. But I don't wanna spoil other people.

If I could have anything, I would have threads [Dragonlance] {Dragonlance-era} pfft, I can't even do {Dragonlance-era} without giving out a slight spoiler.

Edit: Was gonna send this to a mod, but the boards are broken or Im broken, so I don't see any mods up top.

2. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Definitely, we don't want to have to confine all discussion of one series to one thread. Song of Fire and Ice has multiple threads. Feel free to start whatever :)

3. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I agree with your concern, in the thread dedicated to Dragonlance I was worried of what to actually post for fear of spoiling those that are not even done with the first series yet.

It would be nice to chat about what happened after the Chaos Wars and the War of Souls, but there are some massive twists that I wouldn't want to know yet if I was just starting to read Dragonlance.

4. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    Oh ok, I didn't know if they could be split up without Droideka going "ZOMG REDIRECT" because she is kinda mean.

5. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    Can I make one thread per book?

6. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Hmm, I suppose. I mean, we don't want 25 threads for the sake of having 25 threads, but if there is unique discussions going on in all of them, then it would be okay.

If you're trying to do eras, I'd do something like list the titles of the books in that era in the thread title. As there is no way that should ever be considered spoiler material since it's widely available.

7. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    thanks, I didnt know if all series stuff had to stay in one thread or what. But now I'm feeling to lazy to make the thread I was thinking about so its a moo point.

8. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    moooooooooooooooo [face_cow]

(haha sorry)

9. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Maybe you could just start one for each trilogy or quartet or however they're grouped, since the books in that series are grouped--especally since there are already 2 threads for Dragonlance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.