Evan, IN Spoiled Rotten: Episode III Discussion Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by WedgesOtherNephew, Jan 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    THE FOLLOWING WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS

If you do NOT want to know details about Episode III, stop reading now.

You have been warned!

For those of us who like to be spoiled, this is where we can talk about all the cool stuff as it comes out. REMEMBER! We still can't mention anything at the meetings. Most of the club is spoiler free. Spoiling other members will result in a severe beating with a plastic lightsaber.

I gotta give props to Cole. He set up this thread originally, but we did not keep the discussion going. Now our Book Club Leader has gone dark side and wants to play. Have fun everyone!

/>
  2. Preachrman007 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thank you, Scott. To say that I've gone dark side might be overstating it a little bit. I still consider myself to be mostly spoiler free, but I couldn't resist this video!!

BTW, I don't consider it to be that bad. If you're like me and haven't been listening to a lot of spoilers anyway, most of the stuff in the video is unrecognizable.

Has anyone else seen it? I have a copy on my laptop computer and will be bringing it to the next GM for anyone who wants to see it.
  3. TC517 Jedi Master

star 4
    I haven't seen it yet, but I'm looking for it now...
  4. Preachrman007 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Good luck. It's about impossible to find. I finally had to PM a guy that had it and beg him to send me a link.

I'll also burn the video to a cd for anyone who wants one at the GM.
  5. Edric-the-grey Jedi Knight

star 2
    I don't know if this is a spoiler; but, can anyone confirm or deny the existence of a character named "The General"? Also, is Ackbar in this?

Peace,

Edric
  6. Buckaroo_Banzai Jedi Knight

star 1
    MAJOR SPOILER.....

VIEW AT YOUR OWN RISK..................

A MAJOR SOURCE HAS CONFIRMED.......

Anakin lives.....
  7. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    ...from a certain point of view 8-}

I mean er, uh, don't spam! 8-}
  8. Edric-the-grey Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey, gang:

Old news but....I SAW PICTURES OF THE DUEL!!!!!!!!!

OMIGOSH!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace,

Ambassador Edric
  9. TC517 Jedi Master

star 4
    I have only been able to see a few stills of the duel, but wowzaaz. Looks great.

Just the Facts is a great resource for spoiling yourself. I find it too hard to separate fact from speculation around the boards.
  10. Edric-the-grey Jedi Knight

star 2
    I just saw a picture of General Grevious. He doesn't look too bad. Capt. Kirk could woop 'im - oops, I mean Obi-Wan :)

Peace,

Edric

PS: I was looking at some other messages on the spoiler sites and went to a picture of "supposed" makeup tests of Anakin after the fall. Fairly gruesome. I was curious if anyone had any opinions on EIII being too dark. I had always thought that the fight would end with Anakin falling into the lava and then, at the end, Vader would make his cameo. I think that if they show too much "gore" this movie will not fit too well with the others.

Any ideas?

Edric
  11. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    George has said from the beginning that E-III would be the darkest and therefore least succesful (monetarily) SW film. Frankly, I hope he sticks with his vision. It is the darkest part of the Saga. On the other hand, I think it will be PG. I don't think they'll break that tradition.

General Grievous [face_plain] I hope this turns out okay, and I'm hoping for very little screen time. It can take away from so much IMO. If they pulled the plug on GG and inserted Ventress or even Aurra Sing that would suit me fine.
  12. Edric-the-grey Jedi Knight

star 2
    ^^I remember him (GL) saying how dark it will be. I still hope he'll go with the less is more rationale, for a change!

Edric
  13. Edric-the-grey Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey, gang. I just saw a supposed teaser poster of Episode III with the title and also heard that a teaser trailor would be out this memorial day weekend. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Peace,

Edric
  14. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    So is it fish face or what? 8-}

I thought he would be in there...much like Mon Mothma & Tarkin.
  15. Edric-the-grey Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yep. It's Ackbar! Of course, this will blow the roof off EU Continuity. Fortunately, I can deal with that. Besides, as it is in the Trek-Verse: "What's on the screen really happened, the novels and comics are fiction" :)

Peace,

Edric
  16. Darth_TKD Jedi Master

star 3
    Of course, this will blow the roof off EU Continuity.

Oh man, I can hear Adam's head pulsating with rage at those words. The sound is actually loud enough to drown out the sound of his hair falling out...

:D
  17. Preachrman007 Jedi Knight

star 2
    If Steve is talking about the Mon Calamari in the new Insider Prequel Preview, it's not Ackbar. The caption says it's a Mon Cal senator. I'm confused. Steve, what are you talking about?
  18. Edric-the-grey Jedi Knight

star 2
    The Mon Cal Senator is Ackbar - or his twin pod mate. It has to be, I enlarged and counted his 'ittle gobbler thingies hanging from his chin. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ------ IT IS -------- THE ACKBAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :)
    Peace,

Edric
  19. Edric-the-grey Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hi, all.

It's offcial, according to Steve Sansweet, Episode III will be called.........

Revenge of the Sith.

Peace,

Edric
  20. Ulkesh2 Jedi Master

star 4
    NO !!! It is not Revenge Of The Sith. Pooey on ROTS. The correct title for episode 3 is...

STAR WARS EPISODE III: THE SITH TAKE OVER

Why you ask?

Simple it matches The Empire Strikes Back in wording structure. You simply can't have two OF THE titles in a row. Lucas is such a tease. So buy one of them ROTS shirts so you can BURN it. Pooey. Star Wars is now truly dead. DEAD I tell you. All dead not just sorta or mostly, but dead with rigor mortis and adipocere!
  21. Edric-the-grey Jedi Knight

star 2
    ^^ Well, at least it won't be something like "Anakin Takes a Nasty Tumble" or "Anakin Gets Burned" or "Attack of the Lava Lamps"

Or.....

The Wrath of the Sith :)

Peace,

Edric
  22. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, this will also contain new OT DVD "spoilers" too, so beware.

Okay, so Hayden is in as force ghost Anakin at thee end of ROTJ. I have a mildly silly question. Will we see Hayden in traditional Obi-type Jedi robes/outfit in Ep. III? If we don't, I will have to take a little bit of issue with Hayden having them on at the end of ROTJ. It would just be cool if he would try on some traditional ones on in Ep. III & then say something like..."Oh I prefer my Jedi clothing MUCH DARKER."

Thoughts?
  23. Edric-the-grey Jedi Knight

star 2
    As I am still feeling like Bantha Poodo and will not be at the meeting tomorrow to regale all in attendance with my opinion on the new Jedi Spirit Scene.....here it goes.

Digitalbits.com has the screencaps of the changes and they are usually correct. That being said, he will be in the Obi-Style garb.

Edric

***Sneeze....weeze.....hack****(
  24. Edric-the-grey Jedi Knight

star 2
    Uh.....hi.

I just wash surfing the net and came across a very creepy picture of Darth Vader being "sutied" up on a cross shaped medical gurney as Darth Sidious looks on. I am totally creeped. I mean, I seriouly have the wiggins. When we go see this flick at midnight, I hope that there is a cute 'ittle fanchick that I can snuggle up with. :)

Scared to the point of really needing a bathroom,

Edric

PS:

er....hi, again. On the "official site" I saw something even more wiggin worthy......a picture of a female Mon Calamari in a.......oh, the horror.....bathing suit.

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The pain....oooooooh.....the pain. This is almost worst than the thought of another week at work.....

Almost, but, not quite.

Edric
  25. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    The opening crawl as released on TOS:

WAR! The Republic is crumbling under attacks by the ruthless Sith Lord, Count Dooku. There are heroes on both sides. Evil is everywhere.

In a stunning move, the fiendish droid leader, General Grievous, has swept into the Republic capital and kidnapped Chancellor Palpatine, leader of the Galactic Senate.

As the Separatist Droid Army attempts to flee the besieged capital with their valuable hostage, two Jedi Knights lead a desperate mission to rescue the captive Chancellor...

While I always like the crawls, sometimes they always seem a bit off.

When I read the fact that they were releasing the ROTS crawl on TOS, and then read it...I thought it might be fake or a red herring from LFL. Certain elements seem off:

WAR! The Republic is crumbling under attacks by the ruthless Sith Lord, Count Dooku. There are heroes on both sides. Evil is everywhere.

Okay, I guess Dooku is a Sith, but why not use his sith name?

Heroes on both sides, what are they trying to tell us here?

In a stunning move, the fiendish droid leader, General Grievous, has swept into the Republic capital and kidnapped Chancellor Palpatine, leader of the Galactic Senate.

Leader of the Galactic Senate? He leads the WHOLE Republic...

As the Separatist Droid Army attempts to flee the besieged capital with their valuable hostage, two Jedi Knights lead a desperate mission to rescue the captive Chancellor...

No real beef with those lines.

We all know Uncle George likes to change things...I doubt this will be the exact oopening crawl we see in May....That's even if it was supposed to be in the first place, and this is the first time I ever remember them releasing a crawl...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.