main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST [Spoiler alert] A thought on Rey's vision on the cave

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LibjoNorec, Dec 15, 2017.

1. LibjoNorec

LibjoNorec Jedi Knight

Dec 24, 2015
    So, that cave scene obviously made us remember the cave scene with in ESB. TLJ made a point of showing, during Rey's meditation, that it was a place strong with the dark side, just like the cave on Dagobah. When Luke was about to enter the cave, he asked Yoda: "what's in there?" and Yoda answered "Only what you take with you". The dark side cave then materialized Luke's fear in front of him. A similar thing happened to Yoda in The Clone Wars, when he entered that same cave and saw the destruction of the Jedi Order and Darth Sidious' rise to power.

Anyway, I've seen a lot of people stating that Rey's vision meant that whomever her parents were was not important at all, but has anyone considered that the cave was simply materializing her fears?

Her feelings of loneliness, of being isolated from everyone and everything which she had since she was left on Jakku. You know, the same fear Kylo Ren sensed later, when he claimed her parents were "no one" and she was "no one" either. "There is no place for you in this story", he said, preying on her feeling of loneliness. Just like he had previously noticed on TFA: "You are so lonely. At night, desperate to sleep[...] And Han Solo, he's like a father you've never had." etc etc

TL;DR Rey's vision in the cave was nothing more than her fears being materialized by a dark side cave, and we shouldn't take what we saw and heard Kylo say at face value.

357hermon likes this.
  2. prlrocks

prlrocks Jedi Master star 2

Jun 15, 2009
    I like it. That works for me, but I'm not getting my hopes up after TLJ.

Avnar likes this.
  3. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Luke tapped into the cave to project himself onto Crait.

4. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    I like this idea. What's your reasoning?

Tanjint likes this.