main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info SPOILER ALERT! (help each other avoid spoilers here)

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Sep 2, 2013.

1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Well, it's really just the official photo of the confirmed actors at a read-through. I know we've contained discussion of the casting announcements to just one thread in here, but does anyone consider that to be a spoiler? We can get it removed if we need to.

Edit: I'm looking into just getting it taken down.

Frank T. likes this.
  2. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe I'm the only one but yeah, I'm trying to avoid casting stuff too.

3. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    I assume the new banner is OK and not considered a spoiler. :p

Pensivia likes this.
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The banner in here should just say "The other forums have really cool banners that someone put a lot of effort and creativity into for you. You get this text".

5. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Oh man, now we know the timeframe for VII (a long time ago) AND the setting (in a galaxy far, far away). THANKS, EHT.

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That's not a given. The film may or may not involve extensive use of flashbacks as well as time travel. It may even take place on Earth. Have fun speculating. And sleeping tonight.

7. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    You've said too much. [face_shhh]

Frank T. and Pensivia like this.
  8. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    MASSIVE SPOILERS ARE NOW A THING. LEAVE YOUR BEDROOM & ITS FOIL-COVERED WINDOWS AT YOUR PERIL.

9. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm in my sub-sub-basement underneath my underground silo in the remotest part of Montana. Do you think that's enough?

EHT and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  10. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    This is kinda "CNN Headline" worthy info. Be wary.

11. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    Anything is CNN headline worthy.

Worst_Jedi_Ever likes this.
  12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    That bunker must be helloa fortified, does it just have a direct line to the NSA forum?

13. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    no, just a direct line to the NSA

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008
    Part of me wonders if this whole idea I had to go spoiler-free wasn't completely fruitless. I've a feeling that I'll end up seeing these spoilers from someone who just tweets it or something without thinking about the fact that other folks don't want to be spoiled. It's really, really tough to be spoiler-free in the age of social media.

Dewback likes this.
  15. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Luckily, my social media circles are pretty small for various reasons. Friends IRL that would know any spoilers also know I don't want to hear them any more. It's a rather boring venn diagram.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    The only SW updates I get from people in real life are along the lines of "hey, did you hear they're making a new movie?!".

BigAl6ft6 and hippie1kenobi like this.
  17. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Until yesterday, I was the person that my friends went to for rumors.

[​IMG]

Bail B. Baobab and EHT like this.
  18. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah... keep in mind, the people saying that to me know that I'm a huge SW fan (although they don't know I'm a mod on a SW forum :p). And yet they still let me know that level of information, just in case.

19. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    "Do Not Want"
    I haven't seen anything come across my screen that resembles a spoiler yet, now that a day has passed...has anyone seen the media picking it up? Might have to limit exposure to news sites from now on.

20. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008
    Nope, I haven't seen it anywhere, which leads me to believe the spoiler actually is so massive other sites don't want to touch it.

21. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    I saw it yesterday on a regular news site from the UK, I think, and I heard it was in a couple of other places too. The one I saw was behind big "Spoilers follow!" warnings.

22. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    That's a step-up from mine, normally I have to tell them there is a new movie. For a Star Wars nut like me, it's sometimes, well, you can probably guess...[face_laugh]

Forbidden Island and EHT like this.
  23. Forbidden Island

Forbidden Island Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 23, 2015
    same

24. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    There have been a couple news stories on yahoo.com for the past couple days that have spoiler potential right in their titles. So it might be safest to just avoid yahoo.

25. Fruit Pastilles

Fruit Pastilles Jedi Master star 3

Dec 21, 2014
    Luckily, one of my best friends seems to be a big SW nut like me, and told me a rumour that I didn't even know of at the time. I was impressed. Another of my friends is more like "hey, did you hear they released a trailer?", and that would've been in January.