main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***SPOILER ALERT*** use for ALL spoilers

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by k kanos, May 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    There is a possible spoiler in the

"? Palpatine's midichlorian count - Wouldn't the Republic have identified him? " thread.

AVOID IT UNTIL IT'S DECLARED SAFE.

For future reference we can use this thread to warn all other non-spoilers of potential spoilers in EITHER the media, or (as most likely is the case) on this board.

Thank you. :)

2. yodaman

yodaman Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 26, 1999
    Hmmm...haven't looked into that thread yet. Did you notify an admin already?

3. Boba_Phat

Boba_Phat Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2000
    Yeah, that's definately a spoiler. Someone needs to get an admin.

4. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    I PMed the perpetrator. He said it was speculation. However, the manner in which he said it makes me suspicious. Either way, he said that he would edit it. I'm waiting to see if he does before I notify a moderator to step in.

YOU HAVE 15 MINUTES TO EDIT YOUR POST DS. ;)

5. Dom

Dom Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 15, 2000
    It's almost pure speculation but using spy reports material - it counts as a spoiler, if only for the name.

Darth Sin is definitely not a troll, btw, I'm sure he will edit it out ASAP - it's probably an accident.

6. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    That's why I PMed him first. If it was someone unfamiliar I would have gone straight to a moderator. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt (THIS TIME) ;)

7. yodaman

yodaman Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 26, 1999
    Heh. An official spoiler alert thread. I bet there'll be people who'll play wolf with this thread. Don't be surprised to see the words "Just kidding" pop up once in awhile.

8. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    Darth Sin has not edited his post, so I've contacted tonyf and DLM. It's in their hands now.

k kanos out.

HAVE A GREAT CINCO DE MAYO EVERYONE! :p :)

9. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    OK, I edited his post. You can open your eyes now. :)

10. Pedro

Pedro Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 1999

"HAVE A GREAT CINCO DE MAYO EVERYONE!"

:)

11. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    my only concern is that people would abuse this by posting spoilers in here after a trolling spree... but then again i've gotten really suspicious lately

12. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    Hopefully not. Mr. P has been doing a great job so far. He's on top of it! Let's keep this topic within the first two pages shall we? This way, anybody new that doesn't know of its existence can post warnings to us all when necessary :D

13. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    This is a great idea for a thread. Certainly helps me out a bit. :) In any case, also PM me if you find a spoiler if I'm not in the forum at the moment.

BTW, if anyone "plays wolf" with this thread, instaban. Spoilers are not a laughing matter. :p

--Mr. P :cool:

14. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    "my only concern is that people would abuse this by posting spoilers in here after a trolling spree..."

Very serious problem. If necessary, you can start another thread called "SPOILERS IN THE *SPOILER ALERT* THREAD" and keep it at the top of the page so users have fair warning.

15. Mr. P

Apr 1, 2000
    In the case of a troll invasion or something, we shouldn't trust any thread because spoilers could be in it, including this one. So if we have some sort of thing that just says that there's trolls around we can evacuate while we clean it up. And another thread, if we need it, is a good thing, in case this thread gets trolled...

Man, this sounds like a fire or something. :p

16. hew

hew Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 1999
    "If necessary, you can start another thread called "SPOILERS IN THE *SPOILER ALERT* THREAD" and keep it at the top of the page so users have fair warning."

Sadly, I can't tell if you're serious or being sarcastic.

17. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    FORUM: Classic Trilogy Forum
    TOPIC: ROTJ and its flaws
    PAGE: 11

18. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    Thanks for the tip, KaaShamau. I personally don't think this one's a big enough spoiler to edit out but we appreciate any help we get. :)

19. Darth_Oracle

Darth_Oracle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    Hello, I will be in this forum for E3 as I think I know way too much about e2 to turn back. - Anyway, I just wanted to say this is a *GREAT* idea! My goal is to be "spoiler free" for E3. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you after E2!

See you then.

20. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    Can someone check out

The Phantom Menace » Jedi uniforms

I didn't scroll past the alert from baggles, so it might just be nothing.

Cheers!

21. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
  22. Dom

Dom Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 15, 2000
    Eh, there is a VINTAGE spoiler in the SILLY CREATURES thread that just resurfaced. Three months old and still alive. It seems that nobody noticed it!

Avoid reading the old posts in the second page of the thread, I'll PM an admin to edit out a couple of names you don't want to hear about.

23. Mr. P

Apr 1, 2000
    mesa got it.

24. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    This in from Sebulba 49 regarding Filmforce.net "The introduction speaks of small spoilers...and sure it doesn't tell of the leaf that rolls in front of Anakin's right foot as he takes his seventh step of the movie, but it tells a lot more than most of us want to know! You have been warned!! "

25. Mr. P

Apr 1, 2000
    Got it -- though it's not much of a spoiler... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.